Grande Ronde Retirement Residence - La Grande, OR

Dad Is Happy

We chose this community for my dad because we've heard great things about it. And he is doing so well here there are activities that he may start to join the more he settles in. He has a little patio in his room so when it cools down can enjoy it. The caregivers are friendly and responsive to his needs. He loves going down to eat his meals with everyone. The place stays nice and clean. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a safe and loving home.

Everything is Good Except The Food

I am quite pleased with this community and my sister seems to be happy and she seems to be adjusting now. She is meeting new people and making friends. She is slowly doing activities and social events. She and I are not happy with the food what so ever nor the other residents that we have met. It borders on nursing home food no taste just not appealing at all the cookies is hard as bricks. The cooks appear to have no interest in putting out decent food. The rest of the staff are wonderful they go out of their way to make sure you are happy and well-adjusted.

AH-mazing Place

I have really enjoyed watching the staff interact and care for the residents. We visit some residents who are part of our church and every time we are there we see the genuine care that the staff has for the residents. It's extremely refreshing to see the kind and attentive interaction that takes place here. I highly recommend it!

Frontier Management

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Grande Ronde Retirement Residence - La Grande, Or Visitor. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Grande Ronde offers independent and assisted living in 114 apartments designed for active senior living.

We are located near the Blue Mountains, yet close to medical and professional offices, Grande Ronde Hospital, churches and the Union County Senior Center. We offer a caring atmosphere without a long term lease. Our apartments have wall-to-wall carpeting, a private bath and individual climate control system. The retirement apartments have a full kitchen, with patio apartments available.

The Assisted Living is designed for those who have reached a point where they need some assistance with dressing, bathing, dining or remembering to take medications. Our on-site staff and health services are able to offer this assistance. They are friendly, highly trained and dedicated to be at your service.

There is ample opportunity to socialize while playing billiards, exercise classes, going on excursions or out to dinner, while you enjoy “the good life”.

You may want to check our Respite Stay to try us out.