Golden Orchards - Fennville, MI

Great place

Great Care! Great Food! Keeps residents engaged.

Friendly and Helpful

Very helpful and friendly staff. They have made the transition for my dad very pleasant. Pleased to know he is in good hands and is cared about by the staff.

Wife of Resident

I think the staff really try to meet the needs of the patients and treat them well. I'm sure it's not an easy job. The food on Family Dinner night has been very good.

Beautiful facility with awesome caring staff.

Fabulous Place

Today's family dinner was great, some of the family members were able to come for the first time to see this fabulous place, I keep talking about. Golden Orchards is, has been an answer to my prayers. Our father has been so content here, the staff makes him feel welcome. Thanks for the dedication to Dementia patients.

Exceptionally Happy

It's exceptionally hard when a loved one has to have around the clock care like my grandma being one of them, however having her in a place that is still allows her some freedom and keeps her smiling has been very comforting. I am so grateful for the staff at Golden Orchards and the amazing things they do with their residents. #lovemygrandmas

Daughter of Resident

Golden Orchards takes such great care of my mother. Staff are great and knowledgeable. I speak to staff daily to check on her well-being. Thank you Golden Orchards for EVERYTHING you do for my mother.

Thankful for the compassionate care my husband received at Golden Orchards

I am thankful my husband was able to be a resident in Memory Care at Golden Orchards. The caregivers and staff are warm compassionate people who impart serenity and calmness. The residents, as well as their relatives, are made to feel like they are a part of a family and this is home. The spacious courtyard, generously sized individual rooms and common areas lends to the overall attractiveness. My husband enjoyed the many activities and outings they provided. He enjoyed interacting with the caregivers who treated him like he was a friend and not just a person requiring their help. I always felt welcomed and it was a pleasure to see how happy the residents, caregivers and staff were.

Golden Orchards: Affordable assisted living in a natural setting

Although unfortunately my father didn't stay long at Golden Orchards, we were extremely impressed with the facilities and the staff. Everyone seemed especially caring and concerned about the wellbeing and safety of the residents. [name removed], the manager, went above and beyond the call of duty to make my father feel welcome and his experience a positive one. She even checked in on him on evenings and weekends during a particularly difficult time and made sure he was happy and comfortable. She was an angel.

The facility is well kept and set on a beautiful piece of property.

Having first-hand experience with many assisted living facilities I can honestly say that Golden Orchards stands out from the crowd. It is a very close-knit staff and each resident is cared for like family. The facility is well kept and set on a beautiful piece of property. Golden Orchards is by far the nicest of the group of facilities formerly owned by Meridian Senior Living.

Amazing facility!!

Great experience! My mother thoroughly enjoyed her stay there. The staff was nice and accommodating; they went out of their way to include my stubborn mother in their activities. I have only ever heard great things about this place. The few times I have visited, my mother was always surrounded by staff and other residents. As a vegetarian, they worked hard at making meals that she would enjoy. Definitely recommend

Throughly impressed

Amazing experience for my mother! She lived there for the last five years of her life and had nothing but good things to say about it! The staff is attentive and considerate. The executive director herself drove to a restaurant just to get my mother a vegetarian dinner. My mother is constantly being included in activities and games - which, if you know my mother - is a great achievement. I would highly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a great place for their loved ones.

Amazing!

There is not one bad thing I could say about this place! The staff was superb, and my grandma constantly raves about the care and activity staff, particularly a young woman named [Removed] who goes out of her way to include her in activities. Every time that I visit, my mom is surrounded by residents and staff. The staff themselves are extremely attentive and considerate. The director herself will go to a separate restaurant to buy my mother a vegetarian meal. Overall, thoroughly impressed!

Very caring staff and the facility is clean and comfy.

Very caring staff and the facility is clean and comfy. I feel safe leaving my loved one in their hands. In every facility there is always room for improvement but Golden Orchards is a good option.

It iIs A Great Place For Dad

My dad is doing great and he really, really likes the community. He likes the activities, the socializing, and just knowing there is someone there for him if he needs help. The only complaint is the meals. It's not southern enough and he would like more food options. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Look for a different facility

Not a good place for your loved one lots of false advertising. Home cooked meals I don't think so. They would be lucky if it was hot. Had alot of problems with the LPN at the facility. Don't trust her tried to befriend my mother. Kept trying to explain to my mom she is not your friend that this is a business relationship. Had a lot of experiences with the residents and confrontations between them and staff was never around. My father somehow got ahold of a fire extinguisher and sprayed a large area of the facility. They then recommend he go to a facility to be reevaluated for 5-7 days. That turned into 16 days on his discharge date they informed my mother he could not return. The social worker tried numerous times to contact them that day and they would not return her phone calls. For the two weeks both Brian and Celeste assured my mom he was welcome to return. Now they informed her she has been to pay the additional 30 days for her notice that is stated in the contract she signed. Take some good advice and find a more reputable assisted living facility.

Natalie Bustillos

We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience at Golden Orchards. We are happy to say that as of June 2017 we have undergone a change of management and have made numerous improvements. Our staff has undergone extensive training and our team receives constant oversight to ensure the best and appropriate care is provided. We would love for you to come by and see us. We again are so sorry for your past experience, this will not be the type of care that is provided by our team.

It Is Going Well, Could Be Better

Everything is going well and I hope improvements in cleaning will get better. My mother-in-law's room could use better cleaning, especially in her bathroom. We feel that it is not meeting our standards. The care is adequate here. The staff are very good but I have observed they are shorthanded with staff people.

Absolute Worst memory care

My father lived & died here. He suffered from Alzheimer's & died a horrible death. Golden Orchards is very proud that they use the montesorri approach, which is fine until the patient gets near the end. Take your loved ones to a skilled nursing center instead! Near the end, when hospice recommend they be sedated for their own comfort, Golden Orchards balked, & refused to administer calming drugs. Instead, they shut the patients door & leaves them alone! I personally witnessed one of the staff stating to another staff member that they finally just had to shut my father in his room, as he was so agitated he was constantly getting up & down. He fell 7 times in one day! Alarms were supposed to be put on his bed & wheelchair to alert staff if he tried to get up. They were put on his bed, however, batteries were not installed!
Food is terrible! One day, he was given a cold pork chop & piece of bread for lunch. Being short staffed ALWAYS, personal items are constantly BORROWED by other residents. This means that personal items, so essential for the patient's comfort, cannot be brought, as they WILL be lost. My father's $150 therapeutic shoes disappeared within days of being purchased. Promises are made & not kept. Phone calls are never returned! DON'T be fooled by how lovely this place is - your loved one will not be cared for properly! They say what you want to hear to get your business, then never follow through. We were told transportation was available for my mother to visit, it was not. They said they could provide back-up transportation if necessary, it was not! They say that skilIed nursing is available which means that you are paying extra for a RN to stop by & check once a day. There is only one RN on staff, who is also the assistant director. They say they have all these activities. However, 1 activity person (who had never worked in that capacity) was trying to fill 3 activity jobs, with no experience or training. I worried EVERY day that my father was being at best ignored, at worst mistreated, but since location was critical, our choices were limited. Also with Alzheimer's, they recommend you not keep moving your loved one from place to place, as it causes them great distress, so once you're there, they've got you! Wish I had moved my dad from there before his death.

Natalie Bustillos

We are deeply sorry to see that this was your experience. As of June 2017 we underwent a change of management and have made numerous improvements. Our staff has undergone extensive training and receives constant oversight to maintain the best and appropriate care is provided to our residents. End of life care is so delicate and needs to be handled with the upmost compassion. Part of our training program focuses exclusively on this. We would love for you to come by and see us. We again are so sorry for your past experience.

Promises were not kept

We removed our brother after only two weeks because the care he needed was not seen or experienced.

Natalie Bustillos

We want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We are happy to say that as of June 2017 we have undergone a change of management and have made numerous improvements. Our staff has undergone extensive training and receives constant oversight to ensure the best and appropriate care is provided. We strive to give our families peace of mind and comfort knowing that their loved one is receiving the best care. If at anytime someone feels otherwise our management team is available and will address those needs. We would love for you to come by and see the wonderful improvements that have been made. Again, we are so sorry for your past experience, this will not be the type of care that is provided by our team.

happy

they have been very nice there ,just wish I lived closer to there . I am very impress with the Sunday day help they really know how to get there people to do things It does bother me at times when I call and do not receive a call back when want to know something but yet I do realize they are busy.

Great place, accommodating staff

Our experience with Golden Orchards has been a very good one! The staff here is very friendly, and they've been accommodating and easy to work with throughout the whole process! The facility itself is very nice, and I think they've done a great job taking care of my loved one.

decent operation

Golden Orchards as far as I can tell is a decent operation. Things are going well at this facility. It is clean. I think they have plenty of activities here. My dad doesn't really participate in them though. Overall it has bee a good experience here.

Golden Orchards Assisted Living is located just east of historic downtown Fennville, MI. The community is only minutes from the resort beaches of Lake Michigan, and is perched in a gorgeous countryside setting on 40+ acres of wooded trails with stocked ponds, wildlife, and more. We offer full service assisted living in a beautiful, spacious environment. Enjoy fish tanks, a botanical garden, indoor mini putting, and sun rooms, just to name a few.

We encourage you to visit our community, have lunch on us, and meet our award winning staff. You will discover for yourself how our culture can make you feel at home. Our caregivers encourage independent living while administering all of the care and support the residents need. We could not be more proud of the fact that we have been chosen to receive some of the highest honors awarded to senior living communities in the State of Michigan. Golden Orchards is truly a home away from home for our residents, and we can’t wait to meet you.