Nice place if you can’t be “home”

My mother has been at lakeside vista for almost two years. She started out in building one where minimal care was needed....the staff helped move her in and the process went smooth..I have noticed in two years the food has improved greatly, maybe due to new ownership. Since then, she has declined and is now in building 4 due to dimentia. As her daughter I am there a lot, and I love the interaction between the nursing staff and myself! They seem concerned and caring and overall it’s a very nice place to be!!!

Mechelle Genigeski

Michelle, thank you so much for your feedback. We are very pleased with some of the recent changes as well and so glad you have noticed. It is an honor to have your mother living at our community and we are thankful she has been able to stay with us as her care needs changed. The open communication between you, your mother and our team is wonderful and this is what makes a great care partnership!

Doing Very Well

Mom is loving this community.She has only been there a little over a month and during that time she had become ill but is now on the road to getting better. She is taking advantage of the activities and social hours they have. Mom is still cooking for herself but is aware that if needed they do have the meal plans. The staff is nice and friendly. The community is nicely maintained. We are very pleased that mom is here it is a blessing.

A tour for care

We toured this community. We did not really feel comfortable. We did not like the atmosphere and the staff was not friendly. We were happy with the list on the menu and they do have activities. We would not be happy with this community unless they mad small changes.

Mechelle Genigeski

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your tour experience was not more positive. We provide continual guidance and training to our staff and this is something we will address. It is our policy to provide a welcoming atmosphere and excellent customer service. We appreciate the kind comments regarding dietary and life enrichment and will continue to strive for excellence. Our door is always open if there is anything else we can do for you.

Need more storage space!

Lakeside is just beautiful and will look more beautiful after the new company completes all the renovations. They are in the process of repaving the roads and repairing and updating around the community. For the most part, the staff is very friendly but with all the commotion of a new company taking over, some confusion is to be expected. They offer a few activities at the club house, and residents can take bus trips for different outings. It's an older crowd right now so our tastes in activities are not the same. You can order food and they bring it to you. We live in an apartment which is a huge one bedroom and we do our own cooking. My one complaint is there is not enough storage space. They pay electric, gas and water. My husband may need more care in the future so we may have to move. I want to thank [Removed] at Lakeside he was a big help because we needed a place fast.

no support services apartment is 5 stars

I am very happy with my apartment, it has a lot of space and it is very nice. The community is outstanding but there is no back up here. The person who originally showed me around told me a lot of lies. He said if I need help with moving furniture the maintenance is available. They are bad and do not help out. I call and fill out work form and nothing gets done it looks like they are doing nothing. I got yelled at by the community relations person so I don't talk to them. [Removed] is the only one that is outstanding, he is the only helping and it seems like he does most the work. Since I have moved in I have not seen the community relations and no one showed me how to get familiar with my apartment. I had to learn on my own.

A Community I Would Recommend

This lovely community, and my father is doing very well since his move here. I know he is safe, and in good hands at this community. They have a good staff, and they have been helpful, and attentive. When I visit the community, and his room are nice, and clean. It has been a pleasant experience, and this is a community I would recommend.

Godsend

The staff seems very friendly and kind. TV's are NOT allowed in individual rooms but there is one in the main area. At first that bothered me, but I totally understand the fact that the seniors aren't supposed to "isolate" themselves in the rooms. There is a slight delay between when you call LakeSide Vista and when you get a call back from the staff, but it has NOT been a problem. I feel relieved that Mom is being well cared for, well looked after, and safe. While I live in Muskegon and LakeSide Vista is in Holland, I feel we were blessed in finding this place and would highly recommend it to anyone else that finds themselves in need of a quality place for their Mom or Dad.

Satisfied

Caregivers are very friendly and work hard to make residents feel comfortable

1st Class

Lakeside Vista was very exceptional in helping my sister and I find a place for our parents. They acted very promptly to any phone calls or questions we had. I would most definitely tell anybody to go there if they needed placement for elders!

So far it's working out okay.

So far it's working out okay. I don't have any major complaints. They keep it clean and the staff is friendly. Though they are a little short staffed, and the food could definitely be improved.

Mechelle Genigeski

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in providing a clean and pleasant atmosphere for our community members and their guests. Staffing in the healthcare industry can be challenging at times but we never want to be perceived as ‘short staffed’. We pay close attention to staffing ratios to ensure all of our residents receive the best care possible. If at any time you do not feel this is the case please bring your concerns directly to management so it can be addressed immediately. There have been some big changes in recent months since our chef revamped the menu, we hope you’re enjoying these! Our community offers well balanced meals that our nutritionist approves to meet a variety of dietary needs. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

a level of care that most facilities don't match

I am overall pleased with LakeSide Vista and Village. They provide a level of care that most facilities don't match. I have no complaints. Everything is five stars here. I am very pleased.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have gone well at LakeSide, our experience has been a positive one! The staff is friendly and professional, and the facility is well kept and clean. My only complaint is that there was a bit of confusion about my loved ones hearing aid when she moved in, which I thought they could have been more proactive about. But we got is straightened out and now everything is going well!

Wonderful place!

I'd give them 25 out 5 if I could! Lakeside Vista does a fantastic job, they really are remarkable. The staff are helpful, attentive, and professional, I really can't say enough good things about them. I told them I like them so much that they'd better save a space for me when I get to be that age!

Putting your mom in Assisted Living is such a scary experience but Lakeside Vista made the decision so easy. When I first arrived, they were having a yard sale with some pretty cool stuff and the residents were out there with their walkers and canes checking everything out. It was so cute and they were all so happy! During my tour, one of the caregivers was actually playing Uno with a group of residents. So the big things that struck me was the interaction the staff had with the residents and how happy all the residents seemed. I was convinced this was the place for my mom. She has lived there for a month now and sounds more happy than she has in years.

Nice home style setting and beautiful, spacious apartments with lots of natural light. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming and all the facillities neat and clean.

Very friendly staff!

LakeSide Vista has been wonderful so far, I'm really enjoying it! It's a nice looking place, it is always very clean, and the staff are all very friendly! They're always there when I need them. I would definitely recommend them!

Homey

It’s an excellent community. The care services are very informative. There are all kinds of activities. I can’t say anything bad about them. Parking is good. Food is good. I think that the thing that stood out the most to us, is the way it’s set up. The rooms are kind of in a circle. It’s more like a home than an institution.

Pretty good for the most part.

It seems like they are pricey for what you get. It seems like they haven't had too many activities lately, the staff has been good taking her for walks. I think the activities are starting to pick up a little more, now. There have been a few times other residents have walked into her room or made her uncomfortable, I know this happens from time to time, but that is something that maybe could be worked on. I liked that they had a furnished area for her, that was important for us when moving in. I also liked the overall friendliness as well, she really took to the person that came and spoke with us.

This facility has poor management whi...

This facility has poor management which is reflected on the care given by the staff. The residents are the ones who pay the consequences when the staff does not do their job properly due to the poor management. They work short staffed often and have no praise for the employees who do what is expected of them. The employees are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated. I feel for the residents who live at this facility.

Mechelle Genigeski

We appreciate your feedback. We staff according to our census and want to always insure that every resident receives the best care possible and our staff has an excellent working environment. If at anytime this is not happening our door is always open to bring these concerns to management's attention, it will be addressed immediately. We value our employees and hope all team members reach out if there is concern.

A wonderful place to live!

I moved my mother into an apartment at Lake Side Vista last summer. I live 960 miles away and so had to do my search for senior housing by phone and by internet. I found that the staff at Lake Side was the most helpful while I was making the decision of whether to move Mom there and the arrangements for my Mom to move in as compared to any of the other senior housing communities I looked into. The marketing would return my calls the same day and would stay on the phone for extended periods of time answering all my questions. The helpfulness & friendliness continued after she moved in. All of the staff from the top on down are available to and patient with their residents (even the most troublesome). When repairs needed to be done, there was always a maintenance man looking into it within the hour & the repairs were always completed the same day. The residents are very secure, happy and friendly. That I believe reflects on how the staff manages the community. My mother loved her spacious apartment. She had a beautiful view of a park like setting of the next door church property. Sitting on her deck she could see deer, rabbits, and ducks close up. When the unfortunate time came that my mother died they were very caring and considerate to our family supplying meals, boxes to pack, time for us to move her things and offered a bus to take residents to her memorial. Words can not express how happy I am that my Mom had the wonderful experience of living at Lake Side Vista the last 6 months of her life!

Nice place

This is a very nice facility! It's got a great atmosphere, and came highly recommended to us from multiple sources, from A Place For Mom, our dcotor, as well as church friends. Overall I think they do a good job here. The head nurse in particular is great to work with, and does her job very efficiently.

Very nice property, clean a...

Very nice property, clean and well kept. The staff was very informative and helpful.

I was impressed with the different bu...

I was impressed with the different buildings and especially the concierge in the independent living buildings. Older building, but that's neither here nor there. They can manage with feeding tub.e

seems a little run down - but the sta...

seems a little run down - but the staff seem very nice.

Mechelle Genigeski

Our community has underwent some wonderful renovations in recent years. We encourage you to stop by and see the changes. Thank you for the kind words regarding staff. Our community is very proud of our dedicated team members and we are happy to hear you were met by friendly staff.

Looks nice

Looks nice

Welcome home! Lakeside Vista and Villas is conveniently located on the South side of Holland, close to shopping, churches and professional offices.

Our retirement community consists of independent senior apartments, condominiums, specialized memory care and various levels of supportive care, all nestled among nicely landscaped grounds with fountains, flowers, ducks and other wildlife.

Rather you or your family member requires full care in our memory center, high acuity assisted care in our new alternative to nursing home care or independent senior housing, you will feel at home and welcome here in beautiful Holland Michigan.

Lakeside Vista and Villas, Always Looking Out For You.