Golden Coast Senior Living #1 - Mission Viejo, CA

Lack of care

There have been changes in the ownership twice since my mother was there, the quality of her care had declined, along with the lack of staffing and the communication with the staff about my mothers care. They kept telling me that they were making changes but I never saw any of those changes so I moved my mother to another community where she is so very happy at.

Unsafe and terrible company owned by the Villareal family, my mom was injured and they did not call me or even call a nurse for two days.

Only a few days but a great experience.

Mom was on hospice and lived at Golden Coast Senior for only 9 days before she passed away so I'm a bit limited on what I saw. What I can say is that I'd recommend their home on Vanessa. The woman who runs the home, Rebecca is a nurse and is fantastic! She noticed mini strokes before the hospice team. Rebecca seems to be very concerned and in tune with her patients. I liked the open door policy and the home always looked and smelled clean. Visitors mentioned that it seemed cleaner and better run than other homes they had seen. I would ask what their policy is on the weekends because Mom seemed drugged and they are lower staffed. But because of Mom's condition I can't make any assumptions. Finally the staff was very kind when Mom passed and returned money which was very helpful. Another note: since Mom's passing I had 2 people working in senior care but unrelated to Golden Senior who said they would put their Mom there. Finding a home is so challenging, I hope my experience helps you.

Friendly Staff

I think that the people there are very friendly. The administration department is really good. They keep in touch and give me their advice. I think that they are a little understaffed. They are interested in my loved one.

Usha and her staff are wond...

Usha and her staff are wonderful to work with and this is a very nice, clean and well kept home. Our mother received excellent care during her stay with Golden Coast. The only concern our mother expressed, was that the food could have been better to her liking. I hesitate to even mention this for this is a very personal item, for each person and what can be considered good for one person is not always good to another. Overall, we highly recommend Golden Coast to others.

Kept all of our money. Will not prorate!

Usha seemed very professional at first but that changed after the check was written. She quoted us one price and after we moved mom there and filled out the paperwork we discovered the price was $200 per month more and there was a $500 administration she never told us about. She claims she never quoted the lower price and told us that all the homes require the $500 deposit...which we found out later is not true. The staff was nice and caring but the food was terrible. Mom was there less than a month and Usha kept all the money and refused to prorate. We were going through so much stress during that time that seeking legal recourse was beyond our abilities. Now over a year later, we feel that Usha was insensitive and took full advantage of our family in a time of severe crisis.

It's great, they are very good over there.

It's great, they are very good over there. Cleanliness is a five +. The food looks good, and everybody eats. Those people are just near perfect, I would reccommend this to anyone, in a heartbeat. They were reccommended by a neighbor, and I shopped around and looked at several and this was the best one.

Very disappointed

We had given Golden Coast Senior Living a $500.00 “administration” fee, first month’s rent of $4500 and last month’s rent of $4500 in November with a move in date of December 1, 2013. We moved in our mothers furniture and personal items on December 1. She was still living in assisted living at Emeritas San Juan Capistrano. We had given them a 30 day notice on 11/19/13. So technically, mom could stay there until then. On December 2nd she was admitted to Mission Hospital with pneumonia. She passed at the hospital. We told Usha at Golden Coast Senior Living that she would most likely not ever be able to move in. We collected her furniture and personal belongings on December 8th. Usha only returned our last month’s rent of $4500.00. She did not pro-rate December. So, they made a cool $5000.00 for doing nothing. I think this stinks and says nothing of their compassion they are supposed to have. I would never and will never recommend them to anyone.

The on site staff was great and the o...

The on site staff was great and the owner - Usha - was also great. She worked with us on financial issues and took charge in unusual situations. She provided guidance on dealing with my Dad's dementia problems. I would recommend this facility to those with dementia.
When my Dad was in his last days, the staff worked with the hospice staff to make him comfortable.

They're close to my home and she was ...

They're close to my home and she was very nice and knowledgable and it seemed clean and ncie. Since she's moved in, things are going good, I have a couple of little issues but those are more financial things and things that were said and are now changing. The cost for the room hasn't gone up or anything they billed me for something they said they wouldn't so we're sorting it out. Everyone is nice and attentive and things are going good.

Thank you for you interest in Golden Coast Senior Living for your loved one! Golden Coast Senior Living, has five homes in Mission Viejo, each home is licensed for six residents. Our Mission is to provide care that enables your loved to experience quality living and afford you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you are taking the very best of care for your loved one.

Golden Coast at the request of the MD is able to provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, pulmonary care and other skilled nursing services that are allowed under Licensure. Golden Coast Senior Living is licensed as a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). The License included a Dementia Waiver and approved for Hospice Care.

Meals are served three times a day. Snacks and drinks are also available during the day for the residents whenever they are hungry. Meals are at the dining table staff will assist your loved one. Our goal is for each resident to eat in at the dining table with other residents, we discourage eating alone in their room on a tray.

Golden Coast focuses and selects the daily therapeutic activities in direct relationship to the individual resident’s continuing strengths, abilities, and interests. As our resident population changes, new activities may be introduced so that they compliment and reflect the new resident’s abilities and interests to provide maximum satisfactions and achievements each day. Our music therapists offer music therapy 1-2 days a week. Activities are offered every week. Our policy is that everyday a resident takes a walk outside (walking or in a wheelchair) each home has an abundance of videos.

Golden Coast promotes a home-like and family atmosphere for each resident in his or her room. Each room is furnished however the resident can bring their own furnishings if they wish. Together, we will personalize the room your loved one will occupy before he or she moves in the room.