Golden Coast Senior Living #1 - Mission Viejo, CA

• Memory Training Program

5.0 star rating [date removed]
Getting a family member or friend into a board and care facility can be a very stressful proceed, its emotional, sometimes confusing, sometimes feeling did I make the right decision. Well I can say after interviewing 4 different facility I was very fortunate to fine Golden Coast Senior Living in Mission Viejo. The minute I started the interview with the owner I know that there was a complete difference from the other 3 facilities that I had interview with. The owner and staff listened to our needs they could not have been more kind, honest and helpful. The guidance they provide was most helpful, the staff was acknowledgeable and caring. We were going to need Hospice care and that need was provide with ease and care. I would highly recommend Golden Coast Senior Living. I will always be grateful and appreciate all their sincere and loving care they give to our loved one.
[name removed]

Thank you Ron.

Horrible care

I would not recommend the board and care on Argus Dr. to anyone I cared about.
My mom stayed here years back for only 1 month. She always looked awful when I would see her. I went with my gut and pulled her out.
I had requested a female to shower her but a male had showered her which made her extremely uncomfortable.
When I took her out I realized she had a gum infection because no one helped her brush her teeth for a month! No wonder she was uncomfortable and not able to tell me what was bothering her.
The owner told me they didn’t know she had dentures. She needed assistance with her teeth regardless if they were her own or dentures. I always wished I had reported them to the Heath department.
When I would show up one of the caregivers who was often trimming the trees would run inside. I didn’t get a good feeling about this.
My mom passed away last month after being in a wonderful board and care for 5 years and received the best care! I’m thankful there are great board and cares out there but this is not one of them.

usha villarreal

I do not know who you are? The residents that are at Argus Dr have been living there for several years. FYI you have a right to complain to licensing anytime you wish.
I am the owner, as part of the pre-placement assessment dentures, hearing aids, glasses etc are discussed and listed so that the caregivers provide appropriate care.
Further the family is asked to complete a form “ all about the resident” where you would have further identified care needs for your mother the third form where you would have documented again is the family appraisal form.
The caregiver trimming trees ? My caregivers do not trim trees we have a full time garden er that does gardening and trimming, besides there are no trees at Argus Dr
I think you have maybe confused my facility with someone else as there are other facilities on Argus Dr.
I welcome you to call me directly [removed]

Lack of care

There have been changes in the ownership twice since my mother was there, the quality of her care had declined, along with the lack of staffing and the communication with the staff about my mothers care. They kept telling me that they were making changes but I never saw any of those changes so I moved my mother to another community where she is so very happy at.

Hello

I am not sure who this is ? Let me start by saying that the ownership of Golden Coast Senior Living has never changed, my family and I have owned and operated Golden Coast Senior Living since 2000. If you would like to further discuss this situation or respond I am happy to discuss it with you.
Usha Villarreal,RN

Unsafe and terrible company owned by the Villareal family, my mom was injured and they did not call me or even call a nurse for two days.

usha villarreal

I am not sure who this is? I am always available to discuss this situation please let me know.

[removed]

Only a few days but a great experience.

Mom was on hospice and lived at Golden Coast Senior for only 9 days before she passed away so I'm a bit limited on what I saw. What I can say is that I'd recommend their home on Vanessa. The woman who runs the home, Rebecca is a nurse and is fantastic! She noticed mini strokes before the hospice team. Rebecca seems to be very concerned and in tune with her patients. I liked the open door policy and the home always looked and smelled clean. Visitors mentioned that it seemed cleaner and better run than other homes they had seen. I would ask what their policy is on the weekends because Mom seemed drugged and they are lower staffed. But because of Mom's condition I can't make any assumptions. Finally the staff was very kind when Mom passed and returned money which was very helpful. Another note: since Mom's passing I had 2 people working in senior care but unrelated to Golden Senior who said they would put their Mom there. Finding a home is so challenging, I hope my experience helps you.

usha villarreal

Thank You for your review.

Friendly Staff

I think that the people there are very friendly. The administration department is really good. They keep in touch and give me their advice. I think that they are a little understaffed. They are interested in my loved one.

Usha and her staff are wond...

Usha and her staff are wonderful to work with and this is a very nice, clean and well kept home. Our mother received excellent care during her stay with Golden Coast. The only concern our mother expressed, was that the food could have been better to her liking. I hesitate to even mention this for this is a very personal item, for each person and what can be considered good for one person is not always good to another. Overall, we highly recommend Golden Coast to others.

Kept all of our money. Will not prorate!

Usha seemed very professional at first but that changed after the check was written. She quoted us one price and after we moved mom there and filled out the paperwork we discovered the price was $200 per month more and there was a $500 administration she never told us about. She claims she never quoted the lower price and told us that all the homes require the $500 deposit...which we found out later is not true. The staff was nice and caring but the food was terrible. Mom was there less than a month and Usha kept all the money and refused to prorate. We were going through so much stress during that time that seeking legal recourse was beyond our abilities. Now over a year later, we feel that Usha was insensitive and took full advantage of our family in a time of severe crisis.

usha villarreal

Not sure who you are? I am available to further discuss any of the issues you are stating.
Let me clarify we are licensed and therefore have a strict code to disclose all fees on the Admissions Agreement, which is 30 pages, I make it a point to go through the agreement so everything is clear. Furthermore each family is given the complaint procedure which includes calling Licensing and the Ombudsman.
I can honestly say there was no such Complaint.

Usha Villarreal,RN

It's great, they are very good over there.

It's great, they are very good over there. Cleanliness is a five +. The food looks good, and everybody eats. Those people are just near perfect, I would reccommend this to anyone, in a heartbeat. They were reccommended by a neighbor, and I shopped around and looked at several and this was the best one.

Very disappointed

We had given Golden Coast Senior Living a $500.00 “administration” fee, first month’s rent of $4500 and last month’s rent of $4500 in November with a move in date of December 1, 2013. We moved in our mothers furniture and personal items on December 1. She was still living in assisted living at Emeritas San Juan Capistrano. We had given them a 30 day notice on 11/19/13. So technically, mom could stay there until then. On December 2nd she was admitted to Mission Hospital with pneumonia. She passed at the hospital. We told Usha at Golden Coast Senior Living that she would most likely not ever be able to move in. We collected her furniture and personal belongings on December 8th. Usha only returned our last month’s rent of $4500.00. She did not pro-rate December. So, they made a cool $5000.00 for doing nothing. I think this stinks and says nothing of their compassion they are supposed to have. I would never and will never recommend them to anyone.

usha villarreal

At the time of Admission the Admission Agreement is reviewed and signed, this document clearly outlines the 30 day notice required. We simply follow the Admission Agreement.
I am so sorry that you feel very disappointed.
Usha Villarreal, RN

The on site staff was great and the o...

The on site staff was great and the owner - Usha - was also great. She worked with us on financial issues and took charge in unusual situations. She provided guidance on dealing with my Dad's dementia problems. I would recommend this facility to those with dementia.
When my Dad was in his last days, the staff worked with the hospice staff to make him comfortable.

usha villarreal

Thank you for your like words.
Usha Villarreal,RN

They're close to my home and she was ...

They're close to my home and she was very nice and knowledgable and it seemed clean and ncie. Since she's moved in, things are going good, I have a couple of little issues but those are more financial things and things that were said and are now changing. The cost for the room hasn't gone up or anything they billed me for something they said they wouldn't so we're sorting it out. Everyone is nice and attentive and things are going good.

Thank you for you interest in Golden Coast Senior Living for your loved one! Golden Coast Senior Living, has five homes in Mission Viejo, each home is licensed for six residents. Our Mission is to provide care that enables your loved to experience quality living and afford you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you are taking the very best of care for your loved one.

Golden Coast at the request of the MD is able to provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, pulmonary care and other skilled nursing services that are allowed under Licensure. Golden Coast Senior Living is licensed as a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). The License included a Dementia Waiver and approved for Hospice Care.

Meals are served three times a day. Snacks and drinks are also available during the day for the residents whenever they are hungry. Meals are at the dining table staff will assist your loved one. Our goal is for each resident to eat in at the dining table with other residents, we discourage eating alone in their room on a tray.

Golden Coast focuses and selects the daily therapeutic activities in direct relationship to the individual resident’s continuing strengths, abilities, and interests. As our resident population changes, new activities may be introduced so that they compliment and reflect the new resident’s abilities and interests to provide maximum satisfactions and achievements each day. Our music therapists offer music therapy 1-2 days a week. Activities are offered every week. Our policy is that everyday a resident takes a walk outside (walking or in a wheelchair) each home has an abundance of videos.

Golden Coast promotes a home-like and family atmosphere for each resident in his or her room. Each room is furnished however the resident can bring their own furnishings if they wish. Together, we will personalize the room your loved one will occupy before he or she moves in the room.