Glenwood Place - Marshalltown, IA

Nice facility. However, too expensive for our mother to live in and geared more toward assisted living rather than independent. We have other options to look at.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoyed our community. Have you toured our townhomes? These are spacious 2 bedroom rentals located adjacent to the main building and are geared toward Independent Living individuals. Let us know if we can be of service to your family in the future!

Pleased With This Community

I'am doing well since my move to this community. It is a nice community, and everything is going very well. They have very kind staff, and they are always willing to help. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. I enjoy the meals, and I have tried some of the activities they offer. My experience in this community is going well, and I would recommend it.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Nothing means more to us at Glenwood Place than the satisfaction of our residents. It is such a pleasure to hear that our community is such a great fit for you. We appreciate your review and your referrals!

wonderful place and safe

I feel the people there have treated my mom and step dad just great. They went above what we expected. Since there place was not ready when stated. We had everything packed and turned off. They found something even nicer for the same price. My mom is happy. That is all that counts. She did not want to move but new she could not be on the farm any more. This is a wonderful place for them and they are safe. My mom said the food is good. She said it is like being at a fancy motel.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are so happy that we could find a perfect solution for your mother and that she is enjoying life at Glenwood Place. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to "roll out the red carpet" for her!

This place is very nice also. It would be my second choice at this pt.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for providing this information. We hope that your family will choose Glenwood Place, as we have a reputation of rolling out the red carpet for all who enter our building and provide the very best in care, lifestyle, healthcare and beyond. Please let us know if you would like to return for a meal, activity or repeat tour. It would be our pleasure to host you and your family during the decision making process and beyond!

I'd highly recommend it. They helped get my mom moved in a couple days. They picked up her furniture and took it out, and that was nice. They are friendly, and it's truly a good place. The food is good. I like the ice cream! They provide food for the residents and the families, and it doesn't cost anything extra. They all work together. The boss was in the kitchen helping. The staff is like a family.

Kayle Neegaard

Thank you for your kind words toward our program and our team. We are so happy to hear that your mother is settling in nicely at Glenwood Place. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve.

it doesn't matter where

When you first visit Glenwood Place you will be impressed. But after you commit and hurriedly sign all the paper work, it goes down hill. The nursing staff is under staffed, with the only RN on site, abrupt and not very forth coming with information. Medication is dispensed early in the am and too early in the pm. Meals are OK, except on Sunday, there is a skeleton crew, and sometimes they are not friendly. Getting coordination with long term care and Glenwood is an ordeal to say the least. Glenwood did not send the necessary information numerous times. It took 3 months to get it straight. I thought that they would try to encourage participation of the residents in activities, but they try a couple of time s and then stop, failing to realize my Mother has Alzheimer's and can not remember. There is so much more. Nothing is ever what it seems.

Kayle Neegaard

We are saddened to hear that your experience with Glenwood Place was not a positive one. It is our hope that since your feedback, we have implemented solutions and tools to overcome these obstacles. We take pride in the care that we provide and the environment Glenwood Place provides. Should you find a need to explore Independent Living, Assisted Living or Memory Care in the future, we encourage you to revisit Glenwood Place.

Glenwood Place is a Retirement Community that offers Independent, Assisted, and Alzheimer types of care. Our staff are highly trained to provide independence when Residents want it and assistance when they need it!