Gates Mills Club - Mayfield Heights, OH

The location of Gates Mills Club is great...easy access to shopping, restaurants, and health care. The building is clean and cheerful. I spoke with a resident and the daughter of another resident. Both gave good testimonials (completely unsolicited). The building is not new, but it appears well maintained. I was disappointed in the bathroom I saw in the available apartment. It had a “tub shower,” which is not accessible enough for my dad.

the tour went well. all the people were very helpful and friendly. the place was clean and apartments looked nice. I like that it had more of an apartment style feel than just an assisted living. this was one of the first ones I visited so not a whole lot to compare it with

Very Nice tour

The staff here did a very nice tour for me and they took their time showing me around and I was able to set up an assessment when they came to my dad's home to see what type of care he would require in the assisted living. There are a lot of different amenities for the residents here and I think my dad would have done well here. Unfortunately, my dad's care was more costly and he did not have the budget for this community. I would recommend taking a tour of this community.

I like that care that is given here from the great staff. It is nice to see that she is happy with the care that she is receiving. The community is clean and she is happy with the menu of the health meals that are provided. They have her busy with the activities with the other residents. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Care and Comfort

I like this community very much. I like that she is happy at this community and she is liking the cleanliness. The menu is outstanding. and she likes the good variety. I like knowing that she is doing the activities with the residents. Knowing that she is now getting to be a little more social.We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families wanting a good place for a loved one to feel at home.

Paula gave me a great tour and answered my questions. I liked the facility and the costs seemed reasonable. I'm not as excited about the location and the surroundings. My wife and I would like to look at places that are a little closer to South Euclid and have more of a neighborhood feel. I'm not crossing GMC off but am looking around.

A Nice Place

The people there are extremely friendly, they are all nice. The place is nice, the only thing I think they can improve on is the outside look; its all just kind of dated. Other than that it was good. It's a lot nicer once you get inside, the curb appeal does not do the facility justice.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Just moved my sister in last week. She is having so much fun meeting everyone, she has no time for me. Everyone has been super helpful and nice. It's more of a community than a senior home. Quiet, safe, and clean. If she needs help, they have Home Instead that you can hire by the HALF HOUR!! She is paying less than half of what my in laws are paying in Assisted Living, and she gets everything they do. Apartment is very spacious, and even has a balcony. She has her cat as well. Activities all the time. People knocking on her door, she is never alone. I can't believe after the dozen or so places I visited, this one was right next door to where she was living. Could go on forever. These other homes could take a lesson from this one. Has added years back on my life as well as hers, knowing she is safe and well cared for. Thank you A Place for Mom.

Nice place for mom. Friendly and lots of activities

This place and other places was referred to me by A Place For Mom. We visited on several occasions and my mom really liked it. Staff is friendly and they loads of activities for the residents. The food is good and the place is clean.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. They work hard here, from the young people on up, they work hard. It's clean, and the staff are friendly. There are things that can be done better, of course, they are people. I liked the location and the pricing here.

Great Senior Facility!

When my great aunt fell and broke her hip, we realized after her rehab she was not going to be able to go back to her previous apartment without any assistance. Gates Mills Club turned out to be a perfect solution. It is still an independent apartment, but with two daily meals, and weekly housekeeping included. In addition, for an additional cost, they have on site a service for assistance in whatever is needed. We have someone come in the morning to help her get dressed and remind her to take her pills and at night to get her ready for bed. There are many activities right on site if she is in the mood to participate and everyone there, staff and residents, are incredibly friendly. The place is beautiful and very clean. I would recommend Gates Mills Club to anyone. We are very pleased.

Would possibly consider

Would possibly consider

Great Place for Independent Seniors

We moved my mom into The Gates Mills Club on November 22, 2013. The entire staff, from the Director down, is very friendly, responsive and genuine. Although my Mom is still getting settled into her new home, she has expressed her satisfaction with her apartment and food served daily in the cafe (breakfast and dinner). My only "complaints" are centered around the meals offered: 1) for the price of rent, I expected them to serve 3 meals/day versus 2 meals/day; 2) breakfast is served 8-10am, which is unfortunately "early" for my mom who prefers to sleep late. Aside from those "complaints", the facility is very nice, the residents are welcoming and they have rather spacious apartments.

very nice clean and comfortable atmos...

very nice clean and comfortable atmostphere.

Director was nice and very helpful. I...

Director was nice and very helpful. I don't think is the place for me

We enjoyed the tour, the director was...

We enjoyed the tour, the director was very warm,open,and very thoughful of my grandparents, I believe Gates Mills has a lot to offer my grandparents and it is as the top of my list of places.

The director was wonderful! She was ...

The director was wonderful! She was very helpful, understanding and compassionate. I very much enjoyed visiting Gates Mills Club and would recommend it to everyone. We were welcomed with open arms - they have everything and more to offer their residents. My rating is soley based on age of facility and surrounding city.

Gates Mills Club offers senior living with assisted care. At Gates Mills Club we provide independent seniors like you with the environment for you to enjoy an active, engaging and fulfilling lifestyle.

With Chef-prepared meals, spaciously comfortable one and two bedroom apartment suites, which come equipped with full kitchens, wall to wall carpeting, individually controlled thermostats and walk-out balconies on floors two through eight, Gates Mills Club is a wonderful place to call home.

One of the most comforting benefits we offer at Gates Mills Club is Assisted Care. Assisted Care is an affordable alternative to assisted living, offering independent seniors an array of services that help them remain independent. It’s supportive care that can be provided on a regular or as-needed basis.

Gates Mills Club is a community you can afford to call home, where you will enjoy the combined power of good living, good health and good value.