Garito Manor at Union Square - New Rochelle, NY

• Transportation
  • Weekly Houskeeping

So far things are going well!

So far so good, things are going well here, I have a nice apt, and enjoy doing my own cooking. They do offer meals in the dining area at an cost extra. There are markets in the neighborhood I can shop at and the rail line is close by as well. I have started making friends and even tried some of the activities. I have even recommended this community to a friend moving here from Florida.

Very clean, vibrant, and accommodating community living. The neighborhood is no frills, but it seems safe and clean and very close to downtown New Rochelle. The building's director [Removed] is efficient, helpful, and patient. We were able to see the living spaces, potential apartment, and even try out the food before we decided on the space. My mom was also able to opt out of the additional eating, cleaning and transportation services, which saved us a significant amount of money. We were assured that we can always opt in later. All around good things to say. Only giving it a 4 since she is so new to the place.

Just spectacular!

The staff here has really been a pleasure for me and my loved one. This place came as such a blessing. I love that they have security for my loved one so that we feel safe with them being there. The food is great and they offer a lot of variety unlike some other places. Every thing is immaculate around here. My loved one has gotten involved in the card club and is really having a wonderful time here.

My tour of this community was an okay one. I wasn't very impressed with what they showed me of the community. I feel they could do a better job with the cleanliness. The staff was kind, but they seemed under staffed. This was not the community for us.

They Have a Heart !!

This is an amendment to the "Shame on Management" review. After I spoke to the Director JoAnn, she explained that the lease states that 30 days notice was needed to terminate and that it was unfortunately standard policy. I am happy to report however, that she later called to say that they would not be charging us for the rent as they found another tenant to take over the unit. I honestly believe that she went out of her way to find a way to assist us in a monetarily challenging situation. I know this is the vision that the founder had for this facility. A caring management that pays more attention to the residents than to just the bottom line.

Shame on Management

My mother was a resident of Garito Manor for approximately 3 years. When we first arrived I was very impressed by the facility its staff and the services for the seniors. Everyone was very friendly and the representative JoAnn was extremely helpful in getting Mom properly set up and situated. The chef on staff went out of his way to make her feel at home even making special items for her. It is an independent with amenities and additional services such as shuttle to Doctor appointments etc. The Builder named Garito had a wonderful vision of providing housing to people at reasonable cost. Unfortunately, over the 3 years the facility has gone down. There were bed bugs found in the apartment next to my mother and the cost of services nearly doubled. The chef was fired and they went to prepackaged meals that are heated on site. Additionally, when my mother ended up in a rehab and was unable to return, the head person refused to release her from her last month rent even though she was unable to return. Even if they felt they should pay the rent she was forced to pay two months of service charges she did not receive. Seniors are on limited income. She had to pay for Assisted living costs in a new facility and for an apartment she didn't live in for two months. SHAME on them !!!!

Review of Garito Manor at Union Square - New Rochelle, NY

This place was awful. Drab and dreary no activities the food was brought in from an outside source neighborhood was sketchy.

JoAnn Trifono

I am sorry they felt that our building was drab and dreary. I have to say that we have a beautiful, clean and safe building. We are an independent community so our seniors are more active outside of the community. We do provide activities on a daily basis and are always adding new activities to our calendar. The food is prepared from one of Westchester's prime catering firms. The dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients and are well balanced and nutritious meals. We are in an urban setting so you will have a wide diversity of individuals living in the community. In all the years we have been here there has been no issue with the safety of our seniors. Our neighbors look out for each other and they are wonderful to our seniors. Just like neighborhoods should be.

Very nice place, overall

Our experience with Garito Manor has been a very good one, overall. It seems like a very nice independent living community. The facility itself is well kept and always very clean, and the staff are all friendly and professional. The manager, Joanne, was a huge help to us throughout the whole process! I would recommend the place to anyone looking into independent living in the area.

Very pleased!

My mother moved to Garito Manor last week. So far we are very satisfied. The place is very clean and the staff is very very welcoming and attentive. The manager, JoAnn [removed] is a top notch professional,paying attention to all the details, making everyone feel comfortable, very patient with residents and respectful to her staff.

This is an independent living building, so there are not many activities, but they offer 2 meals a day, common areas to sit and doc weekly cleaning, and transport to dr appointments.

It is a very nice place for those who can take care of themselves and like to socialize with others, but would like a little help.It also offers peace of mind to their families knowing they will see others each day and have someone to contact for immediate assistance.

o complaints here only raves

The staff are very friendly and welcoming at Garito Manor at Union Square. The activities are plentiful although dad doesn't really participate. I have no complaints here only raves. It is a great facility.

Garito Manor Rock

When I was looking for a residence to move my parents into I was very worried about comfort and safety. I moved both my parents into Garito Manor about two months ago and they both love it. They are very happy and enjoy the people and services. The staff is very friendly and helpful to our entire family. After only two months the entire staff know and address my parents as well as myself by our first names. I would definetely recommend Garito Manor as a place to live for seniors.

about $2000/ month, income ...

about $2000/ month, income limits 50-60% of Westchester median income

Garito Manor, New Rochelle

I just moved my father into garito manor and was very impressed. it is well run, clean, bright, and cheery. the area seems secure. I am confident my father will be safe there. they provide two hot meals a day in the dining area. there are bus trips to cvs, supermarket, movies, and hair salon, which he hasn't taken to yet, but i'm still hoping. all in all a good place for a senior who can't manage meals and transport on his own.

location not good

location not good

Very nice and clean. Staff and resid...

Very nice and clean. Staff and residents are very friendly. Exclusive independent living community. No medical staff on site but 24 hour concierge/security available.

loved the facility but did not like t...

loved the facility but did not like the neighborhood. could not walk to anything

This would nto accept anyone under 62...

This would nto accept anyone under 62, my sister in law is 56 soon to be 57.

Garito Manor is an affordable Redtirement community for adults 62 and older. The annual income of prospective residents must start at $32,000 and not exceed $49,200 for a single person and start at $45,000 and not exceed $56,220 for 2 persons. Our all inclusive services are lunch and dinner in our dining room, weekly housekeeping (no laundry service) and Transportation within a 10 mile radius. Call or send an email for more information or to schedule a tour.