Garden Gate Health Care Facility - Cheektowaga, NY

Garden Gate Health Care Facility - Cheektowaga, NY has yet not published prices.

I like the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. There are different staff, from different areas, that stop by every day to see if there is anything they can do and how the coordination is going. The nurses are very friendly. I like the rehab therapy. At night they should respond quicker to the nurse light. It takes them about 25-30 minutes, not sure if they need more staff or what. The food is kind of shaky because I'm on a low-salt diet and I'm lactose intolerant. It's hard to find out what I am going to get because a lot of things on the menu I can't eat. They have been trying to bring other things for me.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad your stay has been positive. Our dietary staff is happy to work with you to create appetizing and nutritious meals that meet your dietary restrictions.

I’d recommend Garden Gate. However there is a long wait when you have to go to the bathroom, and the food needs to improve.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for recommending Garden Gate. Your comments have been shared with our team.

The people and nurses were great. They have a fine staff, there was only one person we didn't feel was good. The food, however, was not very good

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your thoughts have been shared with our dietary team.

She's been treated very well. They do excellent work there. She looks forward to the meals, she thinks they're very good. The staff members that take care of my loved one are very kind but everyone else just ignores me, they don't respond to smiles or nods. I have to contact them, but they never contact me. If I don't initiate it, they don't tell me anything

Dawn Harsch

We're glad to hear your loved one is enjoying her stay and the care she is receiving. Your comments have been shared with our team.

Everything is nice and organized, but they are short on aides. The nurses are very nice and the facility is very clean. The chef is excellent! They give me the portion and options that I like. The aides aren’t always very accommodating of my preferences though. Mostly when you press the call button it can take hours before someone responds.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our team works hard to deliver high-quality, timely care. We're happy that you're also enjoying our chef-prepared meals. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

Garden Gate was our first choice and I'd recommend it. The therapists were clear, transparent, and they answered any questions that we had. The nurses were very attentive, however sometimes there were wait times. But I know that they were trying their best. They kept us informed about her health.

Dawn Harsch

We appreciate that you took the time to provide you feedback and are happy with the care your loved one received. We appreciate your recommendation!

It's been excellent. Garden Gate is top shelf. I can't say anything negative about them. The staff is exceptionally friendly and not just to my wife but to me as well, like family. I'm there every day and I'm always talking to someone about her care.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you very much for your kind words and honest feedback. We're glad that you're both happy.

The overall care has been great. If we have any problems or concerns they respond very promptly. It's a great facility.

Dawn Harsch

We're glad to hear you're happy with the facility. It's our pleasure to care for you.

Everyone was so nice and took wonderful care of me. It was very clean and they were good about cleaning every day. My only complaint would be that they seemed understaffed for the number of patients they had. They didn't have enough staff to get the food out quickly at mealtime, so we had to wait to get the food, but it was good, considering.

Dawn Harsch

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We're happy that you felt well cared for. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

Everything is nice and organized, but they are short on aides. Mostly when you press the call button it can take hours before someone responds. The nurses are very nice and the facility is very clean. The aides aren’t always very accommodating of my preferences though. The chef is excellent! They give me the portion and options that I like.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're happy that your stay went well and you enjoyed the food. Your comments have been shared with our team.

I would recommend to a friend!

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your kind recommendation.

I've been to other facilities, but no facility compared to this. It was like I was on vacation, it was so nice! I would give them a 7 on this scale of 1 to 5. The nurses were wonderful and the staff did a good job of keeping me involved.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you so much for your glowing review. It was our pleasure to care for you!

They were fantastic with my mom. All the nurses are great, they cared for my mom so well. The receptionists were great, too. I noticed a few of the residents, the receptionists knew exactly how to handle and redirect the wanderers. The place is very clean, they took care of things like you would not believe. I work in a nursing facility and I know what to look for. A lot of the foods were really good for the elderly, they had everything under control and it was a variety. Not only was my mom able to go and dine in the dining hall, but if she wanted she was able to eat her meal out in the front with my sister in the common area. They also did a good job monitoring my mom's eating. They were very great at updating me, good with everything. Not only did they keep me informed but my out-of-town sister, and my brother, too. It was good communication.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you so much for sharing your family's experience at Garden Gate.

I would rate the experience 3 out of 5.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback.

No Complaints

My step father went here after he fell and broke his shoulder. It's more for skilled nursing, it wasn't for assisted living. I don't think they really thought it was great over there but the people over there at Garden Gate were very nice and friendly. I had no complaints.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your feedback.

Dawn Harsch

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Over the last 40 years, The McGuire Group’s Chairman Frank McGuire has made an investment in the Western New York area by opening a number of health care facilities including Garden Gate Health Care Facility in Cheektowaga.
When his son Jim returned to his Buffalo roots and the family business in 1996, they were on the precipice of a new era in health care. Technological advances during the mid-90s enabled doctors to perform orthopedic and joint replacement surgeries more precisely and less invasively than ever before, giving patients more options for enhanced quality of life.
As a result, the need for high quality, short-term rehabilitation after surgery became a necessity to ensure proper healing before a patient could safely return home. In response, our company invested in the expansion of our programs at Garden Gate Health Care Facility transforming it into a state-of-the-art environment for rehabilitation and healing.
Today, Garden Gate defies the stereotypes of the nursing home industry, illustrating that great things happen when a family run organization has strong ties to the community and creates a supportive culture to give patients and staff the resources they need.

Garden Gate’s programs continue to grow in scope and complexity. Our rehabilitation program encompasses a variety of therapy services for joint replacements, cardiac care, post-surgical recovery and other orthopedic needs. We offer a specialized suite designed for training in a home-like environment including kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and laundry areas. Therapy services are offered up to seven days a week with outpatient therapy available after discharge to facilitate safety and independence in the community. We’re also pleased to have the Center for Skin Integrity under the direction of Dr. Corstiaan Brass on our campus for the care and treatment of wounds and skin complications.

We also provide long-term care with 24-hour skilled nursing services to meet your loved one’s daily needs.

A Respite Care program is designed for caregivers who need care for their loved one while they vacation or tend to business. This program provides you with peace of mind knowing that your loved one’s social and medical needs are being met.

Our Journeys palliative care program is designed to complement an individual’s plans and desires while meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of end-of-life care.

Garden Gate continuously receives outstanding ratings from the federal government, which rates every nursing home in the country. In addition, for the past four years, the New York State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Garden Gate is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that have achieved the top quintile status for 4 out of 4 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone.