We love Garden Abode!

My mother has been at Garden Abode for almost two years and we are so fortunate to have found [Name removed] and her wonderful staff. Not only has her health improved but she is much happier. She spent years at a large facility in La Jolla and a year at a smaller assisted living home there as well and we felt she was poorly attended to and her level of self-sufficiency was taken advantage of. At Garden Abode she has helpful and attentive staff paying attention to her constantly without infringing on her privacy. And the food is great!

I had a very nice tour and a great experience learning so much information from Melissa. This home could definitely be an option for my mother. (I had a personal reference to this home early in the week but held off until I got the list from Kristi. I was happy to see Garden Abode on my Senior Living Options.) I can only rate this home w a 4 as my experience was from 1 visit; this is based on visual experience and meeting 3 of the residents. This could be a 5 star site.

We moved my 88 year old father here from Emeritus Carmel Valley because he was placed into hospice, and because our experience with Emeritus was a disaster, we wanted to move him to a place where he would be cared for well. Our hospice intake coordinator mentioned Garden Abode, which is fairly close to us (we are in Carmel Valley), so we checked it out right away. We were surprised to find that it is a beautiful home in an elegant and parklike gated neighborhood between Rancho Santa Fe and 4S Ranch. My father was able to move into a room that opened to the backyard on the ground floor; this room opened onto a view of a chaparral canyon and hills, and backyard fruit trees filled with birds in the mornings and late afternoons. It's a lovely environment and home. Most importantly however, the owner and staff are absolutely amazing; they are professional, kind, compassionate and really seemed to love and respect my Dad. Within days of moving him there, he became happier than he had been in months. He received constant and loving care, including frequent baths, lotions rubbed into his aging and drying skin, haircare, as well as excellent medical attention, accommodation for his decreasing mobility, attention to avoid any chance of an accident, and medication management. The meals there are in the large kitchen, family style with the other residents, and are home cooked. Throughout the day residents are given homemade healthy smoothies, fruit and snacks as desired. The garden is a beautiful place to sit. The care staff were always beyond kind to me and to members of my family--always offering support, something to drink, etc., and the doors were always open to us. I don't know what we would have done without their kindness and support through the final weeks of my Dad's life, and knowing that he was always being cared for lovingly and with absolute professionalism and kindness. Not once did we arrive to find him in a questionable or unacceptable state (as we frequently did at Emeritus). We are deeply grateful to all who work at Garden Abode, and to the owner and her family. We highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for their loved one who is independent, but would prefer a family environment over a large facility, or who needs intensive care and can no longer live successfully at home by themselves or in a retirement or assisted living facility.

Review of Garden Abode Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Diego, CA

Lovely home, warm caring caregivers, but 2 story. Looking for single story location.