Galway Meadows Care Home - Houston, TX

Best Care Home in Houston

I have been in 5 care homes, and this one excels all the others. All the caregivers are family members, & make me feel as if I am a family member,top. I have type 2 diabetes
& have blood pressure meds for several years. The home has only three residents right now, but has room for 8.
Every meal they give me a list of choices. Unlike the other places I stayed, I can ring for help 24/7.
I

Very Happy with the care my mom received.

My mom was there and was being well- cared for by the caregivers. The owner was so nice and we were happy with the care my mom received. Well recommended.

Dad was happy there:)

My father was resident at Galway Meadows Care Home from January 2016 through early October 2016. He had a large spacious room and the caregivers were very good, especially with his showers. There were always at least two people there and often more as it is run by a Filipino family. They also own a smaller care home across the street. My Dad is 6'2" and as his legs got weaker, they were not able to transfer him very easily. This is the only reason that my Dad moved. He is now in a slightly larger facility with more staff to assist with his transfers. His only complaint about Galway was the food. He says the food is better at his new place but the showers were better at Galway Meadows and he eats three times a [removed]

One suggestion is that this website needs to change the photo representing Galway. I mentioned this to the owners and they say this website assigned them this photo. I promise there are no dances being held there but it is a nice, clean facility and the residents are cared for very well.

5 in Everything

My dad was at this community and they are excellent! This is where you want to send your loved one for the care. I was always clean and the staff treated my dad and all the residents like family. They are just great.

Small House

The Galway Meadows Care Home was very small and a little bit depressing. The people were friendly and explained everything very well. The place was clean and well maintained from what we saw.

Bad place

I don t like this place the service his bad no activity my husband was there .they don t change the diapers often ,The care giver are so mean I don t recommend this place for u lovely on .

fantastic

it is fantastic at Galway Meadows Care Home. It is wonderful. It is a Filipino family and they are all professionals. It just cant be beat at this facility. My husband has gotten so much better since he has gotten out there. The quality of care here is not even comparable to other facilities. They do not have much going on in the way of activities but they are fast to implement anything we suggest and everything else it worth not having many activities. My husband is a clinical psychologist and I am a licensed clinical social worker and we know what to look for. They have 4 residents and 2 caretaker here which make it so nice. I looked into one facility and they had 1 care taker from 6 am to 6 pm and they had 10 residents they were taking care of. That just makes no sense to me. I am so pleased with this facility.

Not what we had in mind. Owner's wife was lovely but we want at least 2 caregivers in a home. Not the best location for us either.

Kind and Compassionate People

They care for my mom quite well. It's a small, small place with no activities. It's very local to my dad, so the location is fantastic in that way. The people are very, very kind and compassionate towards my mother. It's just in an older neighborhood so not much parking is available,

Best "home away from home".

My husband lived here for his last 2 years. He couldn't have had better care. The staff treated him like family and were very open with me about what he needed.

Five Stars!

Five stars across the board! We have been very satisfied with Galway Meadows Care Home. The only thing I can think of where we are not quite 100% satisfied is that mom is not able to go outside much due to dogs in the backyard, and I do wish she had the ability to go outside without worrying about the dogs.

They do a good job.

They’re a little bit priced for what they offer. They are great and how they take care of the residents and the cleanliness is very good. The facility is very small. The activities are kind of limited. The staff is very good, very friendly.

Best Place Ever!!

My mother has been a resident at Galway for over a year. I cannot image a better place for her to be. She is bedridden and has partial paralysis. The staff makes sure that she is comfortable, has a favorite show on TV and is not alone. I took a job out of state (2200 miles away) that I would have declined had it not been for my confidence in Galway. I really recommend Galway for anyone that needs care at an affordable price. They really do care about their residents.

It was perfect for my mom.

This was close to home. It was very bright and cheery. The community felt like it was very welcoming. It was perfect for my mom. My mom didn’t use a lot of the activities, but they do have activities. We didn’t have any complaints about the laundry or the parking.

These caregivers are so kin...

These caregivers are so kind and caring. Very nice clean home and personable. The home has good security features. We need to check on the cost. Will still consider other options for comparison.

Wonderful Place

it is a wonderful place, my mother lives in the home right across the street. There was going to be in a roommate situation at Galway Meadows, and the owners didn't think that would best fit my mother. The homes are equally nice. Galway Meadows has 4 bedrooms and there is a living area and a kitchen. There's always at least two caregivers at both places. Karen and Neil are the people that we initially talked to, and she is an RN so both places have access to an RN. It is a whole kind of family thing. The gentleman that is the caregiver, when he's out, Evalina's husband comes and they are very respectful of all of their residents. They really care about them.

Galway Meadows review

I found them to be very caring individuals. My mother took a lot of care and although she wasn't there too long, I was impressed with their services overall.

only 5 residents, family ow...

only 5 residents, family owned and operated, low cost of $2800 plus $400 for incontinence and diabeties, home so very small facility and very personal, one bed available (semi-private)

LOCATION:( may be too far a...

[removed] may be too far away from my work/home. Family run, safe, at home environment!!!! Provides daily care & meals. Private room with their furniture. Friendly, professional staff. One, LOW BASE MONTHLY FEE with no add-on's or community fee.

Clean and Happy Environment

The staffs at Galway Meadows are very friendly. When I first visited the house they were very respectful and it was very clean. It seems to be a happy and clean environment with lots of light. I show up to the house unexpectedly at different time during the week and every time I am there the house is impeccable and the residents are happy. They seem to take good care of my mom. She was at Elmcroft before and fell 4 times in one month she has been here for a little while and has yet to fall so I am very pleased with the level of care they are providing.

Good clean facility-would c...

Good clean facility-would consider it in the future. The folks running it were nice people.

Review of facility

At present, my mother has been living at this facility for about 10 days. The staff has been outstanding in their daily care. She has shown marked improvement in her speech and overall recognition abilities in the short time she has been there. The overall feeling of being "at home" appears to have motivated her better than the other facilities that she was in after her strokes. I would highly recommend this facility for long term care.

The people running this home seem ver...

The people running this home seem very caring. My brother has MRSA so he would not be able to reside there. What I saw of the home was spotless. The food looked good. I was not impressed with their activities, and they never take them on any kind of outings. I think the picture may be misleading, but the owners are very nice,and the residents seeme content.

Toured site with director. House is S...

Toured site with director. House is SB. Cost 2500/m w/RM. Added 200/m for WC&Drapes. Clean and quite. Currently for 5 people with 3 males & 2 females.

Liked this, close to home and newly r...

Liked this, close to home and newly remodeled.

We pride ourselves in being a family run residential care home that offers a safe and feel at home environment. Our family provides care and services that your loved ones need for their daily living activities. you'll be pleased to know that our friendly and professional staff will be there for you 24/7.

" Caring for you is our commitment"