Avista Living - Houston, TX

This place is a [removed] all that they say that they offer are l[removed] poor residents are just waiting on a [removed] while doing nothing but watching tv the owners doesn't care nor do they spend time with the residents I'll recommend that you'll be better off getting your loved one a private caregiver before you allow them to waste away in either one of Avista's facilities at least they'll be entertained and get to see outside more

Don't believe the hype

I will not recommend this place because all the residents do is sit in the living room watching game shows all day no outdoor activities they are sitting around and wasting away all of the food served is out dated 3 years or less Hannah feels if she freeze it then it's ok they care more about cleanliness than resident care and all of the residents clothes are washed together they sell themselves to be the best but it's all lies those fake games that they say that the residents play are false they doesn't have any activities but watch game shows all day so if you want your love one to rott away this is the perfect place for them the owners only want money but the staff is the best but the owners are the worst

I'm pretty happy with them.

I'm pretty happy with them. They seem to be taking pretty good care of her. It's kept clean, and the staff is friendly. The food really isn't an issue for us, but it always looks good when I go. I would rate them pretty highly.

Wonderful Place

This place is very caring to their residents. The environment is very cozy. It's feel like home. Home is spotless and beautiful. The caregivers are very nice and sweet. I would totally live here when it my turn.

Review of Avista Living Residential Care Home in Houston, TX

This is a great place and gives great care. I have my father here as this is the care he needed when he came out of the hospital. His medication has been taken care of now and leveled out.

Inside Scoop

This facility is nice, however the management doesn't spend time with the resident's as they pretend they do. They also, don't do ANY of the activities unless family, Dr.'s etc are around. Just don't take your family/friends to the 2nd facility, if it's opened yet. I can imagine that being 10 times worst unless One previous Manger that was there before returns. Wouldn't put my worst enemy in these facilities. Rip off

Nice place

I think they do a great job here. The staff are all very friendly and caring, and they keep the place looking nice. It's got a warm and caring atmosphere. The activities could use some work, although many of their residents are not lucid enough to participate anyway.
My biggest issue with this place is that the food has been very hit or miss, which depends a lot on which staff member is preparing it. This is something I've been working with them on, and I think it is improving.

I liekd the care and the way they man...

I liekd the care and the way they managed the patients, it was more personable, everything was good except they're holding the funds for the month

1. Home ( 1970's) was in original con...

1. Home ( 1970's) was in original condition. Space was adequate 2. Residents appeared well cared for Mix of capabilities from bedridden and non responsive to higher functioning 3. Personnel appeared competent - Caregiver is impressive Net option for families unable to spend more for a "nicer" environment.