The Perfect Home

I am glad that my mom has adjusted and transitioned with no problem. She has staff that are very caring and friendly. I see them taking their time with all of them who live there. There is a very homey and cozy feeling and it is good that there are no steps. Being in a single level home and having a private room is great. I get good communication from the staff and I like that I can visit often, at any time.

We were not impressed. Parking access to the home is quite tight, due to the configuration of the neighborhood. This is a small older home, and in my opinion is not the best layout for multiple seniors if more than one or two have wheelchairs. The bathroom modifications were basic, things that I could purchase at a home aid store and install myself. During our tour, the house curtains were drawn so no light was coming through, which made the atmosphere drab and lifeless. The attendant did not immediately introduce herself upon our arrival and was not personable. We will definitely keep looking for other living arrangement options.

My mom is pleased with the staff at Friendship place

The family has had a few minor issues with one of the caregivers, However they do treat my mom well. I do not think they give the residents healthy food and may not be giving them good size portions. The home is clean and well maintained. I am not sure I would recommend this community. I think you should look into this care home closely.

I liked that this was a single-story ...

I liked that this was a single-story group home. The other ones we've seen were multi-story. The Director really seems to like seniors and to feel that they are capable of living full lives. The room that is available is a good size. The bathroom they'd use has a regula tub, which would be a problem, despite the chair. If we go the group home route, this would be an option

Site on 1 level. Can bring full size...

Site on 1 level. Can bring full size bed with semi-private room. 5 residents. Older facility but nice. Liked it a lot. Good pricing. Near home. Definite possibility.