Falkirk Assisted Living of Monroe - Monroe, MI

Very nice looking smaller community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This is a smaller, residential type community, and everything I saw during the tour looked very nice. It was clean, well kept, and the staff were all very friendly. I liked that they only had room for 6 patients total, I knew my loved one would get a lot of individual attention. Although we didn't select this community it was 3rd on my list.

A loving warm place for my Mom

I really like the home because it's a home not a faculty. The warm loving care between the help & the ladies living there is great. It's like my Mom in a warm loving home. We should have more home's instead of facility's. Smaller is better I highly recommend if your looking for a place for your love one please go check out Falkirk of Monroe. It's great to hear your Mom laughing in the background when your on the phone talking with them. And know she's in a safe place.

She feels like it's home.

They are good with communication. The food would be about a three. The parking could be a little better. So many of the other places were so much like converted hospitals, this was more like a home converted with buzzers and the necessary equipment. She feels like it's home.

friendly ,caring, and very clean

This home is so inviting and always clean, the girls that work there are great ,my mother loves them all , they treat her as if she were there own family.The owners are friendly and work with you on all things i love how they keep me up to date on everything and anything that goes on with my mother,she is so happy there and talks about everyone so nicely i feel blessed that my loved one can feel like that and feel at home i like it much better then a nursing home!

Don't send your love ones here!

Lies, lies, and more lies. We were told 3 home cooked meals, prepared by the night crew for the following day. Frozen fish sticks are a staple to their diet, powdered milk never fresh, the cheapest canned fruit from Meijer. Check the pantry for your self. Food is horrible! Loved one was found in urine on multiple occasions, staff is only trained for CPR. They are not even CNA's. Ask for everyones credentials. No accountability of the staff, they just blame the previous shift for the problem. No nurse on staff as promised, nurse has to be called and only comes when available. Brenda Ice even told us that her doctor is a quack! Medical treatment involves calling 911 for everything. She is worried about being sued by the families. When confronting Brenda Ice about the very poor service including the food, her reaction was to kick the resident out because she cannot meet the families requirements! Don't let here throw your love one out because she does not like the fact that you question the operation or her integrity! Talk to the other residents including the families of the residents. Talk to all of them and not just the ones Brenda Ice gives you. I would send my love one to a homeless shelter before i would send them back to Falkirk. The facility is a joke!