Eva Care Assisted Living - Bowie, MD

A nice home

This care home has a dog on site. They do keep the dog separate from the residents, however I had a concern in regard to the dog hair being in the home. The person I met was nice and it did seem that they tried to keep the home clean. I just did not get the same gut feeling as I did with the community we chose. I would recommend taking a look to see if this home would work for you.

Eva Care is great!

I placed my mom at Eva Care the first of this year 2017. I had moved her from a larger institution where the care was to an all time low. I visited many smaller facilities and nothing seemed to my liking until I found Eva Care. Victoria and the other certified nursing assistants really care! They are wonderful with my mom. They have devotional services on Sunday, give her mani/pedi's (so cute), and keep her squeaky clean, as well as, the facility. I feel as though I don't have make constant visits to check on my mom. I know she is being well cared for. These caregivers are a god send. I am so glad I found Eva Care!

Thank you for being Awesome!

Dear Victoria,

Words can't describe how much we appreciate what you and your staff did for my dad Ray [removed]. He enjoyed being there so much and loved how much you all were there for him when he couldn't do all of the things that we all take for granted like eating, bathing, brushing his teeth, getting dressed and even help with getting up and ready for a day out in his wheelchair to go to the movies. I know for a fact that if he wasn't in your care that he wouldn't have lasted a week anywhere else. You care for your tenants as if they were your own family and I mean that, it really shows in your spirit that you are so connected with everyone there on a personal level which is a quality not easy to find. Going into this you took on the challenge and remained optimistic about his chances to live a somewhat normal life when everyone else completely gave up on him. Some doctors said that "He's in final stages and should consider hospice" but you understood how he felt about going to hospice and wanted to give him a fighting chance. Despite an incredible effort on his part and with the help of you and your staff we knew that not even the strongest fighter can hang on forever. Thank you for providing his wonderful compassionate care and giving us an opportunity to spend a lot of time with him, we will never forget that and we'll always be grateful for what you and your staff did for him.

On behalf of my family we all love you all and wish you the very best!

Feel very fortunate to have found Eva Care

My brother has been at Eva Care for just over a month now. While it is a difficult transition for both the loved one and the family, I feel so fortunate to have found Eva Care. They are doing everything possible to make the
transition as easy as possible. It is very much the feel
of a home setting with very caring staff. My brother
is still quite mobile and while their main objective is to
keep him safe they also allow him to feel independent
in many ways which is very important to his well being. Victoria, the Director, is terrific. She is professional, caring and very responsive to my many questions. Finding an
assisted living facility for a loved one is a very emotional
undertaking but Victoria at Eva Care helped make it
that much easier.

I've toured a few assisted living and finally decided on this one, this was one of the cleanest facility in Bowie, Had 2 caregivers available, they seem friendly and ready to tour. Unlike other homes it had no urine or feces smell. I feel safe having an RN who is also friendly there most times.

This facility was horrible....

This facility was horrible. It was dim and not bright. It was neat, but sparse and not to my level of cleanliness. The staff showed me around but pointed to closed doors without showing what was behind unless I insisted. The residents were mostly sitting in their bed rooms staring off into space. The residents were not engaged. This is not the place for my mom!