Brookdale White Rock - Dallas, TX

I found this place very clean and home like. They have a great security system to keep residents inside the community in both assisted living and memory care. Their outside area in assisted living is amazing and peaceful. The amemory care has an unlocked outside garden area that all residents in memory care can use. I liked this facility for its homey feeling.

Disappointing

Mom lived here for about 3 - 4 months. At first I was very happy. The staff is friendly and I really like the aids, activity director, nurses and over all staff. My mother became a little combative about getting out of bed. I told them we in the past gave her Zanix to calm her down. My mother in the last month almost became a vegetable. To my surprise without consulting the family they put her on anti psychotic drugs. [Removed]. Please read about this doctor on the internet. She has been indicted for Medicare fraud and may reviews about over medicating patients with NO communication to the family. I tried to meet with [Removed] and all she did was pass the blame off on the hospital and the family. My mother went from walking and talking within a month to not walking and barley being able to put 2 words together, grabbing at things that did not exist. The doctor tied to tell me that my mother had been hallucinating since day one. That was NOT TRUE. I am discussed to find that with her background that Brookdale would even associate themselves with this Dr. After meeting with [Removed] my mother was moved in the same day. She is now at a lovely place and hopefully on the mend. She is now talking again and I hope to have her walking soon. She spent the first few days throwing up violently, I assume that was from withdrawals. During a skin check upon entering the new facilities I was present to find sours in my mothers private areas. I had my mothers old caregiver sit with her the day we decided to move her and was informed that the day aid only changed my mothers diaper and did not clean her. I do have to thank the night crew that I did come to care about so much, they were wonderful and seemed to care very much about Mom.

This was a lovely place, in a lovely neighborhood. It was secure, but I didn't really see staff interacting with the guests much. Maybe it was the time of day. It also had the smell of a nursing home. I will continue to look more.

Super gorgeous!

This is a gorgeous community! I really loved it and the staff were very friendly. The residents were happy and looked like they were enjoying themselves. Everyone knew everyone by name. It was just to far out there.

Execellent choice

We couldn't be more pleased. The entire staff - the executive director, director of sales, all the nurses and aides have been terrific. Everyone is very attentive to the needs of the residents. Bottom line is a strong recommendation to anyone considering Brookdale White Rock.

They have been doing good so far.

They have been doing good so far. No major complaints. I would like to see more activities perhaps. I haven't seen any issues she is clean and showered, and the meal times are pretty consistent. We chose them because they seemed cleaner, and like they offered a lot of activities. There were no restrictions on visiting hours, and the staff seemed to click with us better.

Awesome place

I am really happy that I found your facility for Mom. It is very nice and everyone is really kind and helpful. The food is good and it is very clean.
Staff is great.

You Have To Be On Top Of Them

If you are on top of everything with them, they will actually do stuff. Like, we pay additional services for them to give her a bath everyday, but if we don't go and aren't there to make sure it's done, they will say she slept late and missed it. I realize they have a lot of people there, but we have to be on top of them to get things done.

Brookdale Whiterock

The administrators and staff made my father feel very welcome and comfortable from the very beginning. Within a matters of days he began to accommodate to the routine and his appetite improved. The staff have put a great deal of effort into making the environment and the programming ideal for people needing memory care. All the staff were very sociable and friendly. They were attentive to our needs as caregivers too.

When I last saw my brother at Brookdale, he was relatively healthy. I took him to lunch every day and dinner the last night I was there. On October 27, he was taken to Presbyterian Hospital for treatment of a bed sore. He underwent surgery and a suction procedure. He was moved to another hospital for further care and is now in hospice care. One of his doctors described his situation as the result of profound neglect.

I asked for a refund for November but they first said they could not give a refund because he had not given 30 days' notice. Later, they offered a refund if I would sign a release. I refused.

Love Stonebridge

I couldn't be happier with Stonebridge. They're always attentive to the patients/residents and courteous and helpful with family members. When the time comes - my mom will reside with this facility. She even likes the food there - which she is rather picky these days. After dealing with some deplorable Skilled Nursing Facilities - I wish Emeritus would open and run a SNF in Dallas. We've dealt with 3 now that have all been HORRID.

She was there twice for respite care so I can't fill out a monthly cost.

Great home atmosphere, wonderful caring staff.

This place was recommended by A Place For Mom and rightfully so. The director was so caring and helpful making arrangements for my mother to be there. When I visited Stonebridge, it just felt like home. The staff were very friendly and were actively involved with all the residents. Stonebridge made all the arrangements for hospice care for my mother, and even though she was only with us for 10 days in their care, Stonebridge made us all feel at home. Our whole family was invited to their annual Thanksgiving dinner, and they brought the dinner to our room as we didn't want to leave Mom alone. This is an Alzheimer's unit, and the staff at Stonebridge truly "joins their journey". I recommended them to my friend who has a father with Alzheimer's, and she may move her father there. Nice size rooms, very clean, food was good, lots of interesting stations set up around the facility for the residents to interact with.

Wonderful People

They have activities listed, whether or not they do them I don't know! I like Stonebridge as a whole, although I don't know that the security is as good as it could be because my wife did manage to get out one time. They explained to me that they can't keep the bottom doors totally locked because of fire hazards, and to my knowledge, no one else has been able to escape. I just got back from visiting my wife and unfortunately she has been aggressive so she is in the hospital right now. I hope that she will be able go back! Overall I am pretty happy, and the people are wonderful.

For very low functioning me...

For very low functioning memory care, this place looked outstanding, and we will keep this on our radar if my parents get to that point.

THE BEST ALZHEIMER's CARE

My mom is at STonebridge and I am pleased with the care she recieves. The staff are amazing and kind. The building is warm and friendly. My mom is HAPPY and I am at peace when I leave. Thank you Stonebridge!

Quiet residential neighborhood. Limi...

Quiet residential neighborhood. Limited day care services (ave 5). Pleasant environment and mild activity level by residents and visitors.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.