Elitecare AFH - Tacoma, WA

Unmatched and half the price of a nursing home.

Top rated in our experience. Mom has been a resident for over a year and continues to thrive at 92 years old. Although she is slowly fading, the care staff is on top of her every need and contacts me if there's any reason to be alarmed. In fact, it's not unusual for one of the staff to sleep in the lounger in her room at night if they feel she needs closer attention. I stop in at various times of the day most days depending on my schedule. They are always cheerful and helpful. Mom's hygiene needs are met in a most professional way and they always have her dressed and groomed. They celebrate birthdays and any other occasion and holiday that comes along. I guess I'd give it a positive 10....

My mother is a resident and is liking...

My mother is a resident and is liking it very much. Employees are attentive and compassionate.
The down side, is not with the facility, but with my mom's indifference to joining activities. She has lost interest. She does however, enjoy visiting with people...learning about their families, backgrounds, histories, as in any family. My mom's cognitive skills are fleeting...and she's doesn't like to embarrass herself by seeming ignorant to things she used to excel in.

Sheltered Arms is an adult family Home for the care of elderly and
frail people. We Have Private rooms only, we do not believe in putting
two people in the same room unless they are husband and wife. Each room
is equipped with call buttons and every room is wired for night
wanderers, so that we are aware of who might be up at night and we can
better care for and assist our Residents.

We are Trained in Alzhiemers, Dementia, Mental Health , First Aid ,CPR, and HIV Training. We are equipped with a handicap shower room and wheelchair ramp. Our home sits way back in the trees and looks like we are in the country, while we
are actually in town. We are two blocks away from the city bus line. We have been in business for 10 years.