Edgewood Vista Spearfish - Spearfish, SD

Wonderful Place

This place has been a blessing. My father is in memory care here and he tells me daily how lucky he is to be in such a nice place. He loves the staff. Tells me they are wonderful people. They are always more than willing to help.

My brother Lyle took my mother there. They were both impressed. Definitely a contender.

Comfortable Care!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. She had to recently leave due to health related issues but it had nothing to do with the overall facility. I was very comfortable with the care the staff provided and thought they where attentive to her needs to the best of there ability. It is overall a great place and a beautiful property.

Less Than Desirable

I am not overly pleased with this community. There is not much for the residents to do not many activities. The food is not good according to my mother. Anytime when I call the staff is rude on the phone and not really helpful.

Outstanding Care

The staff is great for the care that we are being received for the excellent care. We liked the community for the care that has been received. The community offers great meals and a lot of nice activities for her to participate. We have been very happy with the care and the wonderful experience.

Wonderful place to call home

We thought this wonderful facility would be home for much longer than a year however, God had other plans. We can't say enough kind words and praise we have for the entire staff that works in Memory Care & the rest of the facility. Compassion, kindness, care and understanding is only a brief description of what they have to offer. We were very pleased to have been able to have our mom live there & would be confident in saying to anyone to visit Edgewood Vista if you're considering assisted living for a family member.

Excellent Community, My Mother is Being Cared For Well Here

I couldn't have asked for a better place for my mother to move too. This is a lovely community, and everybody has been very friendly. The community is very well maintained, they do an excellent job with the cleanliness. They are providing her with excellent care, and I'am very pleased. They even allow you to bring your pets, which is a big plus for us. She is very happy here, and I would highly recommend this community.

Wonderful Community!!

My mother is in great hands. The staff is very friendly, they answer any questions we have. Communication with the family is great. It is very clean and up kept. There is a wide variety of food and snacks this is great. I would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

A Safe Place

They have done everything well. Sometimes I just wonder about our care compared to costs. It is an excellent and warm place, and you get a feeling there like nothing is going to happen, they have excellent security.

Very nice. If we were read...

Very nice. If we were ready to make a decision, this would be it.

Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Spearfish!

Enjoy life overlooking the beautiful Black Hills at Edgewood in Spearfish, with the ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities. Built in 2004, Edgewood expanded and upgraded in 2011 with more space, a movie theater, activity room and new dining area. It is now home to up to 98 assisted living residents and 15 memory care residents.

Assisted Living: Help When You Need It

Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.

We provide or can arrange:

* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice

Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's

Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers, who have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills. You’ll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.

Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood’s residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.

Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:

* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services

You or your loved one will enjoy life fully, and when you need us we'll always be there. That's our promise to you.