We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Brookings!
Enjoy just the right level of care in Edgewood’s warm, home-like Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Brookings. It is the ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities to promote residents’ health and well-being.
Assisted Living: Help When You Need It
Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.
We provide or can arrange:
* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice
Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's
Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers, who have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills. You’ll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.
Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood’s residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.
Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:
* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services
Needing A Break – Short-Term Stay Services
Trust Edgewood for Short-Term Stays, ideal for assistance following surgery, during illness or for seniors looking to try the Edgewood community without long-term commitment. Your love one receives personalized care while you take care of travel for work or personal time away. Available 24/7, 365 days a year, Short-Term Stays include similar services offered to our full-time residents.
In the beginning, the initial responsibilities of a family member who is the primary caregiver may seem manageable. Eventually, this role can become an around-the-clock responsibility. Soon the sole caregiver becomes exhausted with the growing needs of their loved one.