Edgewood Vista Brainerd - Brainerd, MN

Staff is nice and food is fantastic

All of the staff members here and just so nice and they are always there when I need them. The community is very clean and it has a very comfortable and homey atmosphere. The other residents are nice as well and we have a lot of activities to do like exercise groups, bingo, sing-a-longs, baking groups, and live entertainment. The food is fantastic here and they offer about 5 options for every meal. I would recommend this facility to other families.

This place feels very friendly and homey

My sister lives here currently in the memory care unit. I really appreciate that the staff checks on her every half hour. I have been there and have seen them doing it. The staff is very friendly. I haven’t tried the food, but a friend of mine has had lunch with my sister and said that the food is very good. They have different activities at the facility including live music, bingo, sing-a-longs, trivia, and art classes, etc. The facility is clean. They keep her room clean. She has a very nice one bedroom apartment. I like this facility because it feels very home like and the staff is so friendly. I would recommend this facility to others.

My dad is happy here

This is a newer building the halls are wide for scooters if you have one. It is a nice bright dining room with good homecooked food and has lots of windows. The decorations are great. They staff is very helpful and they rotate all over the building so they know the residents and the families of the residents. He enjoys the daily activities like the low key trivia and exercises. My dad is higher functioning so he get out for the day sometimes. They always engage the resident to get out of their rooms. My husband said one time he felt like he was walking into the Hampton Inn the lobby is so elegant. They have a house dog if they want visits. I was really impressed with the 30 minute safety check for the resident in memory care to make sure they are safe. I would recommend this community.

Care and comfort

This is a nice community for care The staff is nice and always attentive to her needs. The menu is nice and the community is maintained. We like the environment for the care that is available. We would recommend this community for the good care and a good value for a loved one.

Nice Tour

We toured the Edgewood Vista Brainerd and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. They answered all of the questions we had. The community was well-kept and clean. We chose a community that was closer to our home and a smaller community so that mom would not feel so lost.

A beautiful community!!

Mom is doing very well since moving into Edgewood. She is participating in the activities. She likes the exercise class and playing trivia. The food is homemade and tastes good. She is in the memory care unit and the staff are well trained. I am impressed with the staff and I would recommend this community.

Nice place, overall!

Our experience with Edgewood Vista has been a very good one, overall! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they put up some nice decorations over the holiday season! They've got some nice things they offer the residents, as well! My loved ones have been taking advantage of their exercise room. There were a few issues right when they moved in getting their medication service set up, but Edgewood got the problem corrected.

Excellent tour. All questions answered. Lovely facility.

Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Brainerd!

Enjoy the central Minnesota lakes region in Brainerd, with Edgewood's ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities. Built in 2005 and upgraded in 2012, Edgewood promotes residents' health and well-being in independent living, assisted living and memory care.

Assisted Living: Help When You Need It

Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.

We provide or can arrange:

* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice

Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's

Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers, who have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills. You’ll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.

Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood’s residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.

Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:

* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer’s and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services

Needing A Break – Short-Term Stay Services

Trust Edgewood for Short-Term Stays, ideal for assistance following surgery, during illness or for seniors looking to try the Edgewood community without long-term commitment. Your love one receives personalized care while you take care of travel for work or personal time away. Available 24/7, 365 days a year, Short-Term Stays include similar services offered to our full-time residents.

In the beginning, the initial responsibilities of a family member who is the primary caregiver may seem manageable. Eventually, this role can become an around-the-clock responsibility. Soon the sole caregiver becomes exhausted with the growing needs of their loved one.