- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Not the right place
I went on a tour here and it wasn't a good one. They had just changed the ownership like the day before. No one knew I was coming . The person doing my tour couldn't answer my questions. They didn't offer any OT or PT. There were only 19 beds in there and there were things broken in there like the closet doors and the rooms were small. I recommend families tour several places before making a decision.
I Love it here
I love this smaller community it holds up to 20 residents. We are having ownership changes and they have gone so smooth. They have some new employees and she know the resident by name. It is nice and clean. We get 3 good meals a day. The cook sat down and talked to us about what we would like to see on the menu. They have lots of homemade soup that are good. There is a daily activities of exercise every morning. And mind benders that I enjoy. If i need a ride to a doctors office [Removed] will coordinate it for me. I would recommend this community.
My parents are very happy with the meal service. They also are pleased that the staff are so friendly, polite and positive. The staff moved 2 cushioned chairs into their room so they were more comfortable. My brothers and I feel like our parents are in really caring hands.
Good Option for the Elderly
I have had my dad in Brookdale Sauk Rapids for the past year. He is very happy there. The setting is quiet (in a residential neighborhood) and the facility is small (18 bed).
I think he gets good care. It is called an assisted living facility but in reality it is more like a nursing home because most of the residents (including my dad) need a lot of help with their daily living activities.
Was this review helpful? 2 1
Small, Nice, expensive.
Small, Nice, expensive.
Was this review helpful? 2
From the Office
Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Resident assistance center enables caregivers to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Holistic approach; specific staff are responsible for assisting with all aspects of an individual’s needs
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected