Crystal Care Home, LLC - Bakersfield, CA

No thank you!

Had an appt to do a walk through. I didn't even stop the yard looked very unkept it was in a fairly nice neighborhood but the worst looking house in the cul de sac! For what they were charging I was not impressed! Especially after reading other reviews as well! No thank you!

Great service provided by very helpful and genuinely caring staff. Would recommend.

We needed a place for my father immed...

We needed a place for my father immediately and Mark from Crystal Care seemed very nice, the house was okay in a relatively nice neighborhood in Bakersfield. I was at the house for about 4 and 1/2 hours when we settled Dad in and visiting in the evening. My father died 4 and 1/2 hours after I left him that evening so he was only in the Crystal Care Home for a total of about 12 hrs so I honestly cannot give them any real kind of service rating over time.
I do have a little bit of a doubt only about the money part. When my sisters toured the place on Sunday afternoon they were told that the room would be $2800.00 which is what I had been told on the phone by Mark. THe next morning when Mark met us at the Rehab Ctr of Bakersfield which is where we were transferring Dad from he told me the price would be $3800.00 which was a $1000.00 more than then original quote. We were in a desperate situation so I immediately agreed. I understand that Dad was needing end of life care which is why we wanted to transfer him to Crystal Care with hospice in place, however I do think that Mark took advantage of the situation in raising the price at the last minute.

Greeted at the door by a yo...

Greeted at the door by a young man in early 20's. 5 residents in total that I saw, and no other care takers. Young man showed me bedrooms, but he said he was in the middle of bathing a patient. He led me to her bedroom, and I was horrified. The poor woman was lying naked. This concerned me two ways, one she should have been covered up if he left the room, and why would a young man be bathing this elderly woman....this disturbed me greatly. Very undignified....and I would not recommend at all....where were the other care takers? Young man was clueless why I was there and a poor communicator...very scary, I left abruptly without seeing everything...no way..

I was told by the owners, t...

I was told by the owners, that since my father-in-law seems to have a short term recovery time, they felt it didn't benefit Crystal Care to take him in.

Family owned and operated since 2006. A loving home atmosphere in safe environment. A Residential Care Facility for the Elderly, that serves our seniors who are Ambulatory and Non-ambulatory with different level of care provided. A non-medical facility with 24 hour care and six beds, fully licensed by the State of California, Department of Social Services. License number- 157203374.