Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville - Charlottesville, VA

Similar in nature to the facility in which my Mother now lives. I think she would like a kitchenette which are not in great supply. No washer/dryer in room which might annoy her. They do accommodate pets which is a requirement for us. Reasonably priced from what we hear of the local market. We were favorably impressed.

Nice tour

Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville was a very lovely community that we toured. It was a bigger community and the common spaces were very new and contemporary. We chose a smaller community for our loved one and that was closer to our home.

Take a look

This community was our second choice. The people we met were really nice. We do know people that live here and they have nothing but nice things to say. The community is clean and I hear the care is good. This community did offer the rehabilitation we were looking for.

Terrible Experience For My Family

My mother was a resident in the Independent Living Section. This section includes a daily check by the staff if the resident doesn't check in first. My mother was [Removed] in her bed with a broken collarbone and no one checked on her. I found her four days later and rushed her to the hospital. The staff never noticed she hadn't check in. We trusted Commonwealth Senior Living to check in her every day as promised so she could maintain her independent life. They failed to do what they promised.

A senior living facility that should be at the top of your list

Commonwealth Senior Living of Charlottesville is a wonderful facility in whom I trust the care of my elderly parents. The site director, clinical coordinator, head of maintenance and the caregivers are all hands on in the care and welfare of their residents. They know their residents by name, know their family situations and work hard to help residents and their families transition into their new environment. We are pleased with the safe and caring place where both of my parents now live. A Place for Mom is an amazing group and my advisor listened to our needs and found this wonderful facility for my parents. She guided me through this overwhelming process, suggested what to look for in a facility, suggested questions to ask and was an overall strong support for me during this stressful and trying time. I could not have done it without her.

Somewhat disappointed

I selected this facility because they offer the care my loved one needs, and it is convenient to family and friends. Their meals are good; they are patient, kind and attentive. However, they are short-staffed on weekends. When I visit on weekends there are no clean linens in the bathroom, the trash has not been removed, carpet still has the same crumbs that were there my previous visit, and the bathroom has not been cleaned. But I feel the environment is safe and beneficial for recovery.

Nice Community, but not a good fit for me.

The is a community that was nice and had great staff members. Very clean and well taken care of. I was offered alot of activities to keep active. This community was not a good fit for me, but others might be happy here.

Tender Loving Care!!

Leaving the country and knowing that my mother was left in good hands gave me a peace of mind. They communicated with me very well there were no bad calls. My mother enjoys the meals that are provided for her. I would definitely recommend this place they have been doing a great job with their services. The activities are above and beyond they are the best!

We found this community easily just off Hwy 250 across from Martha Jefferson Hospital. We met the morning of Thurs Oct 29/2015. Terri Ball was very friendly, but we found the community too expensive for us. The hallways were narrow and their remodeling to include assisted living was in-flux.

They're in transition, but they have great promise...

They're in transition, but they have great promise as they move to three levels of care. They are just introducing a full service dining room, but there are still some growing pains. Overall I would give them a four so far.

Just what I've been looking for

I checked out a few places for my mom before finding CSL and it was perfect. The place is beautiful, the staff is super friendly and the residents love living there! I enjoy visiting my mom because I feel like I've made other friends there and look forward to seeing them. The place is transitioning so there are a few kinks to work out, but I am confident it will all be running smoothly soon.
The Dining Hall (which is more like a first class restaurant) is just beautiful. Although the food is usually very good, the waitstaff needs some additional training. That has really been mom's only complaint and I've seen it as well. The activities, the transportation provided, the wake up checks, all give me a peace of mind. I wouldn't mind living there as well.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, I would like to thank you for your kind review. It’s an honor to have your mom as a resident and we appreciate that fact that you have entrusted her care to us. Our top priority is providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion. As you mentioned, there are a number of improvements currently underway and they will help us provide even more support for our residents. I also appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. I take your feedback seriously and welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. You can reach me at [removed] or [removed]. Thank you again and I look forward to talking with you soon. – Monica Adcock, LALA, LPN, CDP, Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Disappointing, yet Hopeful for Future.

I'd like to give a good rating as I do have hope for this place but because of the transition they are going through everything is quite a mess. People are not getting what they are promised. The management is not at it's best, that's for sure. I think there is a great potential but having seen first hand the moving in process for a loved one was seriously overlooked. Once they got the lease signed, it was brush off city with no follow up.

Commonwealth Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I’m sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. Our top priority is always high-quality, compassionate care and service for our residents and their loved ones. While it is a transitional time for our community with the current construction, we look forward to being able to offer Assisted Living and Memory Care in the new spaces. As the executive director at Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, I take your feedback very seriously and welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about how we can help your loved one feel more at home. You can reach me at [removed] or [removed]. I look forward to talking with you. – Monica Adcock, LALA, LPN, CDP, Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Everyone Is Very Friendly

I walked in and everybody was so friendly and accommodating. We looked around and I said, “This is the place I want to be.” So, this is where I am. It’s worked out beautifully. I am very happy here because of the people. From the staff to the residents, everybody has been really friendly and I couldn’t ask for better friends.

The activities are great too. They have soup dinners, Bingo, outings, and we go out to dinner. There’s always something to do. You don’t get bored.

Commonwealth Senior Living

Joy, On behalf of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is an honor to have you as a resident and we are so happy that you enjoy living at our community. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. Thank you again for sharing your experience! – Monica Adcock, Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Life at CSL Charlottesville

I had a home up in Rutgersville. My daughter lives up there and one day about seven years back, she said, “How would you like to live in Florida?” I said, “If I have to!” Two and a half years later when she told me they were moving back to Rutgersville, I got online, found Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, and was amazed at how nice it was. I knew it was going to be nice, and it was lovely.

The friendliness is why I enjoy living here so much. It’s like a small town. Everyone knows each other and you’re never actually ever alone. Even though you’re in your own apartment, it’s very nice to have people to talk to.

New residents would be very happy here. We would welcome them with open arms. The community is friendly and easy to know. We were all “newbies” at one time and we know how to take care of the new people.

I am very happy with my move here. I...

I am very happy with my move here. I propably should have done it eariyler!

Terri was an excellen...

Terri was an excellent tour guide and was a good salesperson for this property. We discussed my financial limitations and she assured me that my SSI income would be doable at this location. I liked the layout of this property and it was very nicely staged, we visited in the unit so it allowed me more time to actually see what it had to offer. Terri has been at this location for 7years and it was evident that she has a srong connection to the residents. I would probably rate this first out of the three. I would still meed further discussion on not only the base rent but the monthly charges for additional services, parking and storage etc. She said she would keep in touch and I have alrady received a mailing from her.

a beautiful facility, but too upscale...

a beautiful facility, but too upscale and independent for our needs.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, a premier senior living community nestled in the Shenandoah Valley. Centrally located in Charlottesville, our community offers easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and cultural institutions. We provide a caring and home-like atmosphere for our residents that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. With sweeping vistas, our residents enjoy spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes.

With 12 floor plans to choose from, there is something for everyone and all of the apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and more! Our 55+ apartment community boasts a variety of amenities, including an elegant dining room, indoor and outdoor common spaces and scheduled transportation services. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs to help our residents maintain their active lifestyle.
With flexible lease terms and a satisfaction guarantee, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified service and our caring staff supports our residents and their needs.

The attentive and experienced team members provide compassionate service to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville further and schedule a tour today.