Comfort & Care For the Elderly - Mission Viejo, CA

We have had both of my grandmothers at this home. They take amazing care of their residents, are extremely compassionate, and truly care about their well-being. Prior to discovering Comfort & Care for the Elderly, we had tried several other facilities from assisted living to memory care and found that the level of care was just not up to par. None compare - they are amazing & we are so grateful to have discovered them.

Don't risk it - your parents deserve better!

My mom is 73 and has dementia. She was at another home for the last 4 years but after they sold care went down so we decided to move. When we found Pilar I wanted to ensure my mom was a 'fit' for her home. So, I asked they she and her caregiver(s) come meet my mom in her current home, talk with her care givers, ask how she is, how she sleeps, how she treats others, etc. - to ENSURE we would have no questions on fit once she moved. So much for me doing their job for them and giving them a chance to meet, ask questions and make a good decision.

We thought Pilar and Comfort & Care would be a fabulous place. They are certified for dementia and very nice. After the assessment and Pilar's constant statements of 'your mom is perfect, she is so sweet, she will be great in our place', we moved my mom in on January 1st. After 4 days, yes you read that right 4... We received an eviction notice by email (not even a phone call) that she needs to be out in 30 days!!! The reasons given were because my mom is walking into other peoples rooms and reaching and taking food off their plate. Mind you I didn't get a phone call, just an email with those two reasons as cause for eviction.

You have to ask - do they really handle dementia? How can someone even adjust to what room they have in 4 days when they can't even remember their own children? I asked if Pilar couldn't at least give her some time to adjust as this was never a problem in her last home. She said my mom was too disruptive to the other residents and this was too much strain on them so she has to go.

I would rate this place a the most unprofessional and unsupportive place I've ever been too. They should have their license revoked for a complete late of compassion for the elderly. This is so cruel for my mom to have to move and be more confused even longer. Don't be fooled by the nice lady and friendly smile - ask for a contract that allows you a minimum period of adjustment as their expectations are completely unrealistic - 4 days....

Beautiful, clean and comfor...

Beautiful, clean and comfortable.

Small rooms, directly acros...

Small rooms, directly across from an elementary school. Appears small when inside.