College View Manor - Joplin, MO

high ratings from me

Everything is going really well at College View Manor. I have no complaints about this facility. The value is good though I have nothing really to compare it to. They have plenty of activities to choose from. I am really pleased with everything here. All high ratings from me.

5 Stars

The staff is friendly, caring, compassionate. They are professional while maintaining a "familial" quality. They treat the residents and their families like their own & truly seem to care. I feel at ease knowing that my parents are in such a wonderful place & surrounded by caring staff.

The facilities & amenities are top-notch. If there is ever a maintenance concern, it is addressed within 24 hours. There are numerous activities & outings to keep the residents engaged & active.

They love it there.

They love it there. The staff keeps a good eye on them and if they don't show up on time for dinner, they will call them. It would be nice if they offered a fish option on Fridays. Other than that it's working great, they love it there.

No finer home than College View Manor

In July 2009, my mom had a health situation which required me to move her from her home to a new residence where she still had independence, but not the responsibilities of a large residence to care for.

Through her trust officers, I was directed to visit College View Manor as a possible "new home". A miracle had been answered, for when I arrived for the initial visit, I felt like here, mom would be "home".

I brought her over the next day to view the two units available and she was in awe! We selected a unit on the ground floor with an outside entrance and patio so she would still be able to converse with the birds and nature daily.

This was the best place I could have ever moved mom to. She was able to be independent, yet had the friendship of all the residents. Puzzles galore, great meals, attentive and personable staff and great Halloween costume contests every year.

Unfortunately in May of this year, I had to move her closer to me here in Florida as her health was deteriorating to requiring a level of care in the "assisted" category.

How I wish there was a College View quality here in Assisted Living facilities. In Joplin it wasn't about the money which is what it is all about in Florida.

If ever a recommendation is needed for the friends and staff as well as the overall College View Manor, I have only incredibly positive words to express my gratitude for the care, loving and friendship everyone devoted to my wonderful mom.

Great Place

My mother lived at College View Manor for several months. The staff was courteous, respectful and went out of their way to assist Mom. I recommend this facility to anyone making this transition in life.

Active seniors can find everything they need at College View Manor. This pleasant retirement community in Joplin, Missouri, gives residents the independence they want along with the assistance they need to live a fulfilling life. Five Star Senior Living owns this friendly community. Spacious studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments furnished with modern amenities are always ready to welcome new tenants. Senior citizens can also make arrangements for short-term stays. College View Manor is conveniently located near Northpark Mall and Missouri Southern State University. Senior citizens who choose to make College View Manor their new home can enjoy services such as weekly housekeeping, restaurant-style dining and free laundry facilities. The entertainment area features a computer lab for all residents to use. Our full-time activity director can organize fun and engaging activities for seniors. Residents are also given access to our emergency call system and 24-hour staff members. We even feature an exercise room so that seniors can keep up with their fitness. College View Manor always goes the extra mile to make seniors feel at home.