Bristol Manor of Nevada - Nevada, MO

Improvemt needed

My 91yo uncle only stayed there a few days. The staff was very nice, but not at all what I had been told before moving him there. They said there would be nursing care available anytime, but this was not the case. As far as I could tell, there were only two staff who worked twelve hour shifts. They could not offer the care my uncle needed. This place is closer to an independent facility. It is not their fault, but more people need to be hired, although the price was very reasonable. I think most people would be glad to pay more for better care. I feel bad for the two ladies who ran themselves ragged.

Services provided at no additional cost:
Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Nevada and the surrounding area for 19 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/2x6KQS6411w