Brookdale East Wichita - Wichita, KS

I'm happy with the care my wife is receiving here

This facility is doing a very good job of taking care of my wife. They have plenty of staff available so she gets a lot of attention, and they seem to be more attentive to the type of care she needs. If there are any issues, they call me right away and put everything in writing. They’re doing a good job of seeing that she gets fed properly from a set menu. They offer a few activities like movies and games and the building itself is kept very clean. Everyone there is very open to discussion and they all seem to be very attentive to me as well. I’m really happy with this facility.

More Flavor Please

All is well for my loved one and she's doing okay. They are trying really hard to make her happy. The move in was nice. The meals are not very good, it could be better. More options and cooking it better. They do not allow salt or pepper and they need more flavor. She does not have salt limitations and that could help with the meals.

Care and comfort

They have a nice menu with a good variety. They do have activities for the residents who want to participate. The community is bright and has a nice atmosphere. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families for a value with good care.

The Closeness Is Convenient

All is going well for my parents. We need extra care to ensure they won't fall. Dad has not fallen and they are taking good care of him with their supervision. They enjoy the meals and activities. My sisters picked this community because it is closer to their home and they liked the community. The proximity was important.

Well Proportioned Meals!!

I really like that the staff are all friendly and interact very well with the residents. The meals look very good and healthy she hasn't mentioned anything negative about them. I feel that she is in a safe place. I know that they have a close door policy but i would like to know that my loved one is getting checked on throughout the day. If i have concerns the director does acknowledge them.

Nice Homey atmosphere

I really nice homey atmosphere this community has.This is a wonderful community, they do fair job with keeping everything nice and clean. When I visit her is rooming pretty well-kept. The staff is nice, they are caring for her well, but the communication between the staff needs improvement. She is engaging in some activities, which is nice to see. The food is pleasant, she enjoys the meals. She is being cared for well.

Appearances can be decieving

When my husband went to Brookdale East in July of 2014 it was a very high quality, very well run residence. When he died in December of 2015 it was filthy and ill run. He had been injured by a staff member in front of me and very little was done about it. It is a small facility (approx. 32 beds) yet no one in the administrative positions noticed he was dead and gone for 12 days since he died on the weekend. The day to day workers care greatly. The supervisory personnel seemed to not care at all and probably could not have identified my husband had they been asked to do so.

I visited this home 5 times over 2 years prior moving my Mother in. I remain Very Impressed with Staff and "at home" environment.

disappointed daughter

Very nice facility if your loved one does not have Alzheimer's or is in a wheelchair. My dad, however, has Alzheimer's and is not in a wheelchair. The neglect is rampant and they are extremely understaffed and appear untrained. The communication of management is poor (almost non-existent) - concerns are not addressed and phone calls are not returned. Very disappointed in the level of care vs the price tag. Would not recommend this facility for Alzheimer patients. This is strictly an assisted living facility.

They were very nice but there wasn't a lot of activity.

They were very nice but there wasn't a lot of activity. This had more of a nurisng home feel than what I wanted to see. My loved one is still mostly independent. This is for people with higher needs.

Wasn't good or bad

This was a little higher up than a nursing home, they were going through a big maintenence repair thing there when we toured. They had rain get into the place and ahd a lot of stuff going on there. The residents were just sitting there staring at us, I didn't notice anything good or bad about the place but it didn't seem as friendly or comfortable as Tallgrass did.

i think the world of them

This is my first experience, but I'm completely satisfied, Im' still getting adjusted to sticker shock, but I'm finding that it's kind of the norm in this business but as far as taking are of dad, they're doing an excellent job. He's adjusting to it real well, he's very social and open, the problems he's having are because of his dementia. They handle everything just fine when he asks them when he's getting out of there. I get lost sometimes and I have too much expectation on my dad in this stage in life, I got a little confused to start, there was some turn over and I went to the head nurse about who I can talk to when I have questions because I don't want to bother the manager and she said I can talk to her; so I track her down in her office and if she has time we sit down right then and there and talk, she makes herself available. it's a confusing situation and I think I'm going through as much adjustment as dad is, I'm getting used to the security but it's the kind of security I want, they're taking good care of him.

Claire Bridge

Nice clean facility, a little pricey, just wouldn't be a good fit for my mother. It was over our budget for what my mother could afford. It was a very nice place though.

The reason I chose that one is that I...

The reason I chose that one is that I felt that it met my mother's needs. I had a guided tour through the facility and the staff were very friendly. There were more activities as well, the community was clean and well cared for, and my mother has her own room.

There's a registered nurse on site to attend to the residents if they need help.

Clare Bridge provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs