Review of Chrisholm Place

My mom likes it here. Activities especially when they get to go on adventures out of home. Food ok. Staff great!
Sometimes out of kleanex and other bathroom supplies. Wish they would change sheets more often.

Review of Chrisholm Place

This is a wonderful place

Review of Chrisholm Place

They were very caring for my husband. I am 2 hours away and they called me with updates.

Happily, a correct decision!

After visiting many of the 30+ memory care facilities in Wichita, I decided that Chisholm Place would be the best memory care facility for my mom.
Did I mention that mom has a severe case of dementia and requires a lot of care and attention?
I might also mention that mom was in a facility in Southern California and would be coming with an attendant and myself by train.
Did I mention that the train would arrive at 3am?
A major factor in the decision to choose Chisholm place was because each of my unannounced visits at various times was consistently pleasant. Cheerful, engaged and friendly staff (even kitchen, housekeeping and maintenance), clean surroundings, pleasant smells and sounds.
The other factor in the decision was management - The Administrator ([Removed]) actually met us at the train station in the early hours of a Sunday morning to transport our group the facility.
So here we are a month later....I'm so happy that the correct decision was made. Care has been consistently excellent - absolutely no complaints.
I highly recommend Chisholm Place to anyone needing this type of service.

Fantastic Staff and Facility

I brought mom to Kansas from California on Amtrak along with a Nurse attendant. Chisholm Place has the same floor plan as the facility in CA - I thought this might be helpful.
[Removed], the Administrator of Chisholm Place actually met us at the train station at 3am!! She and her Facilities Manager [Removed] transported us in their company van to the memory care unit over 30 miles away.
This is just a small example of the caring attention we have received.
No matter what time of day we visit, the staff is always so friendly and capable, the facility is very clean and in great repair.
Mom has a private room with a beautiful view of the enclosed courtyard, bird feeders on the windows.
I'm very happy with Chisholm place!

Things are going well...

The staff is taking good care of my mother at the Chislom Place. They had a lot of outings and activities that my mother is starting to join more of. My father has been with her during the meal time and said the meals look good.

Great choice

As a family we've been very impressed with Chisholm Place. The staff made the move from another memory care facility very easy. Staff welcomed mom and did her entry assessment without upsetting her which was wonderful considering all the many changes the day excluded. The staff has been very helpful, kind, and welcoming. The facility is bright, clean, and offers all the amenities a dementia patient requires. I am personally thrilled at the number of staff and observing their gentle interactions with all residents. We made a good choice in making the move to Chisholm.

Nice Staff, Tour Was Fine

My tour of this facility went fine. This is an acceptable community. From what i saw, they keep the general areas maintained, but there was a foul smell lingering at times.The staff was pleasant and friendly, they did answer all my questions. Also they were very knowledgeable. It looked a little to much like a nursing home. Also it had a nursing home vibe. It just wasn't the community for my mother in law.

Very nice place

They do a great job at Cypress Springs! They're very patient oriented and really work hard to make sure that the people who live here are comfortable and well taken care of. The facility itself is well kept and clean, as well! It's just a very nice place in general!

very clean facility

The staff is friendly, their not overly friendly. It is very, very clean there. The property is well maintained and very nice. It is very clean!!

Very clean and friendly food is excellent but not many activities to keep residents occupied.

A Good Facility

She had been in the hospital, then she went there for less than a week, then she went back to the hospital again and then back to the facility again, so my loved one has not been there for very long, so I do not know if I could give an accurate review.I think it is a good facility, but they have some changes going on, which I think adds to some of the communication issues.

Lovely inside

I think it's lovely inside. its not as state of the art as others but it is still beautiful. It's always well kept. The level of care that they show to my loved one has been wonderful. The staff has been very helpful and accommodating. I'm happy that my loved one is comfortable here. They are also very welcoming. There is a positive atmosphere. I would highly recommend the Cypress Springs.

clean friendly place

We have not had any issues with them at all. They are all very friendly, and the place is very neat and clean. The food there is very good as well. I would highly recommend Cypress Springs.

What a Blessing

We looked all over Wichita for a community for my mother and Cypress Springs seemed like the right fit for her dementia and all of her needs. We really liked the meaningful moments program they offer.

My father stayed there

My overall feedback about the Cypress Springs in Wichita would be be four stars. My father stayed there and we are pleased with their services. I would recommend the Cypress Springs in Wichita to other folks looking for options for their loved ones. We are pleased with their services.

very clean and professional

The cypress springs care facility is very clean and neat. With professional and caring staff. Great location with great activities. It had everything that we wanted and asked for. Great reception area very warm and inviting. Good size rooms.

new admission

Chrissy and the staff were very attentive and helpful throughout the admissions process. My husband has found some friends there and enjoys the activities they do with him.

They have more of a nursing home environment.

This was difficult for us because my loved one is not quite at the stage in her Alzheimers where this is what she needs. They have more of a nursing home environment. This was for people with a higher level of care than we need. She is still mostly independent.

Just private pay

That's a new one, the gal was really nice that showed us around, Sandra or Saundra... she was just delightful, we just loved her but they weren't hooked up with medicare. They were just private pay and we knew enough about it to know that wasn't good because you're going to run out of money pretty quicky. They only had about half occupancy at that time so they just threw them all together until they got enough people to sperate them into different groups and we didn't like that.

Cypress Springs

Nice clean facility. New facility. The rooms were small and wasn't really like an apartment, more like a hospital room. They do supply their own furniture in the rooms, so you won't have to move your own furniture in.

It is more for memory care, not assisted living.

Cypress Springs is quickly approaching our 2nd Anniversary in Wichita. We are an assisted living community which specializes in Dementia and Alzheimer's care. We offer both Private Suites and Companion Suites in a peaceful environment. The community is situated in a beautiful residential neighborhood with an amazing landscape that includes lakes and waterfalls.

Cypress Springs is located in the Wilson Estates Medical Park addition, providing easy access to physician offices and other eastside amenities. (One block south of East 21st Street and on the west side of Webb Road)

Our community was designed with Memory Support in mind, offering days filled with interactive activities as well as a interior walking path to encourage daily physical exercise. We also offer The Dakim BrainFitness System to our residents and caregivers. Dakim has been proven to produce significant improvements in memory, both immediate and delayed, and language abilities, as users strengthened attention; focus; and concentration. It’s simple for staff to implement and fun and easy for residents to use with this program that promotes brain fitness.

Cypress Springs also offers furnishings including bed, nightstand, armchair, armoire and lamp at no additional cost.