Chaucer Estates - Wichita, KS

Chaucer Estates is managed by Meridian Senior Living which is based out of Hickory, NC. Meridian Senior Living currently oversees 99 facilities covering 11 states.

Chaucer Estates offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Temporary stays (known as respite).

Residency at Chaucer Estates includes a complete array of services and accommodations for all residents:
• All utilities are included in your monthly rate including basic cable and phone service.
• On-site Beauty Salon/Barber Shop (performing shampoo/set, perms, coloring, manicures, pedicures, men’s haircuts, etc.)
• Individual Climate Control In Each Unit
• Complete Dining Program (3 Home-Cooked Meals & Snacks Provided Daily)
• Special Diets as needed/required
• Transportation Provided as needed for no additional charge
• Building & Grounds Maintenance
• Full-service Housekeeping performed on a weekly basis
• Independent Cottages are provided with washer/dryer in each unit for all your laundry needs
• An assortment of activities & social program

Assisted Living also includes:
• On-call Physician Services
• Private Bath in Each Room w/Step-In Showers
• Medication Assistance/distribution
• Nursing staff including 24-hour LPNs and CNAs with two RNs also on staff
• Emergency Pendant System to notify staff of immediate needs
• Assisted Living has full access to our in-house laundry facility or our staff will be happy to assist with laundry services at no additional charge.
• Memory Care Wing (for those with Alzheimer’s or other advanced forms of dementia)

dissatisfied/awful experience in the end

At first my Mom loved this place and she was so happy. Loved most of the staff and believe most loved her as well. They have had a lot of turnover since moving in about 2 years ago. Mom became ill and was sent to the hospital then to a Skilled Unit to build up strength. When she was ready to go back to Chaucer, her level of care had returned to the place where she was before the hospital...so same level of care. This is what I heard from the PA and from the Staff at the Skilled Care Facility. BUT, when the Director of Nursing came with a Nurse to assess her for her return to Chaucer...things took an ugly and unfair turn. The Director does not know my Mother very well but the Nurse did. The nurse at the SCF was in on the assessment and said the Nurse from Chaucer agreed every time that the things they were doing at the SCF were the same...Nothing had changed. But when she was going to be dismissed from SCF, I was told they could NOT take her back. The reasons given were that Mom could not walk to the dining room. They have many residents who can not walk to the dining room and that they had no RN at night. Now...how can they operate legally with no RN at night??? They have residents with lots of needs...,not just my Mom. The staff at the SCF tried to justify that my Mom should be able to go back there...and this was all she wanted. The answer was still no. The PA was adjusting medication which should not have been a problem as well. There was no real answer why she could not go back other than she was turned away unfairly. I know I could go back there and find several whose needs were at the same level or higher than my Moms. Many thought this was a horrible way to treat my Mother who only wanted to return where she was happy and NO reason she should have been turned away. I also was not told when this assessment was going to take place so I could advocate for my Mom. I feel had I been there it would have been a different outcome...but I was not included nor told when it was going to take place. This a sad way to treat the elderly when they still have their independence and should be allowed to live where they can live and thrive. This whole ordeal has diminished my Mom's mental well being. I would encourage anyone to think this through before deciding to place your loved one here.... I am not just a disgruntled family member as they may try to justify it by saying that. I miss the original Executive Director [Removed], The previous Nursing Director,[Removed] the Marketing Manager who we grew to love. They left this place all about the same time.... They had a kind heart. Not sure this would have happened if they still had been there. We had only 1 week to find another Assisted Living....and YES Chaucer my Mom can still go back to an Assisted Living NOT a nursing home as you suggested. They willingly took her without reservation. Shame on YOU Chaucer!!!!!!

Not The One For My Friend, But We Had A Nice Tour

My friend, and I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to us. The staff we met was kind, and helpful. They were informative, and our questions were answered. From what we saw the community looked nice, and clean. The experience went well, but she did not feel this was the community for her.

Things are just fine

The food at this community is good and they offer daily activities. The staff have been friendly and they answer our questions. They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We truly appreciate your feedback and your recommendation of our community. Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us meet that goal, please reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. Thanks!

A Family for Mom

I have been very impressed by the family feeling that prevades Chaucer Estates. Every staff member shows such sincerity it makes me feel that Mother is going to be cared for as if I were there.

Best, Best, Best Decision We Made!

The staff are amazing! My friend is getting unbelievable care. They helped her to a better stage and maintained her integrity and dignity through the process. A Place For Mom has surpassed our expectation, kudos to them and thanks! The difference is thriving for my friend, I have been already recommending the community.

They were very helpful

wasn't a good fit

The staff are good at Chaucer Estates. Unfortunately my husband was very difficult so we had to move him. It was like a hotel there. The facility was very clean but my husband is very picky. I don't blame the facility though. My husband was just hard to handle and the staff said they could not do anything more. It just wasn't a good fit for him.

So far it's going great.

So far it's going great. I'm pretty happy with them at this point.

We like it.

We like it. He has a great room. I like the people here, they are pretty nice. The food is a little iffy, but all in all we like it. We don't have any major concerns. They are responsive if we every have questions.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are disappointed to learn that you were not more pleased with our dining options. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents, please contact me directly at [removed] to share more information on ways to improve our dining experience.

Joseph Wolf, Executive Director

Great Place but needs more activities!

Mom passed away two months ago, and my 88 year old dad is here, but alone. My only comment would be that they should do more activities with the residents. Other than that, it’s a great place and the staff is great and they take care of things immediately and at the drop of dime. To me, that is what really matters. We are very happy with everything.

very happy

I am very happy with Chaucer Estates. The place is very clean, and the staff is incredibly friendly. The only thing I can think of to improve is that they could stand to have more of a process in place to get everything set up for a new resident. For example, it took several weeks and several phone calls for the laundry service to get where its supposed to be.

It was good, if we hadn't gotten in where we did this would have been a runner up. I was just more impressed by another option we were looking at. The staff was friendly, it was clean, everything was there.

LOVE CHAUCER ESTATES

I was pretty much ready to make a decision on another facility when I found Chaucer on the Place for Mom website. I toured the facility and loved it so much!! This is the place we (me & my siblings) for our mother. She has lived there since May. I have to say I love this facility so much!! It is clean, large rooms, and the nurses are fabulous! They always return my phone calls, everyone down to the kitchen help are very pleasant. It is obviously a good place to work, because I have yet to find anyone who is having a bad day or doesn't like their job. The assistants and nurses have been very helpful to my mom. I just can't say enough about just how much I love this facility!!