Five Starr community!!

I am very pleased with this community, the manager Maxine has been extremely wonderful to my family and I with being on top of everything and making the transition into the facility a smooth one. The staff have also been very motivating on helping my loved one get acquainted with the other residents and involved in the various activities they offer throughout day. I am very pleased and could not ask for a better living environment for my mother.

Really like this community

A Place for Mom and My Aunt suggested this place for my Mom. I visited without her first because the transition will be hard for her. She lives 3 hours away and has no resources so she needs to be closer to us.
I've visited other very new places closer to my house. Maxine Simpson and staff there have that attitude you need when moving your Mom. Very professional but very caring. We went there and sat outside with a few of the residents. They were telling us about all the activities. They were lovely ladies. I am 50 and I was thinking to myself that I want to move there!
I hope my Mom will move there

My mother loves it here

Overall, the facility has been great. My mother loves it. We haven't had any problems or concerns. They are very hospitable and courteous. They are very attentive to the residents that live there. I would absolutely recommend the Clairmont Oaks to anyone searching for an assisted living community. Everything has been going very good. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The care services and activities are excellent.

Great place to live and enjoy life!

Everything is more than I expected.

5 stars isn't enough

This place is a Godsend to me! My mother had a stroke and has early dementia, but is still quite capable of living on her own. Because money was an issue, we had very few options in places for her to live, thankfully we discovered Clairmont Oaks. The staff is wonderful, plenty of activities and very accommodating to her needs as far as in-house food delivery service and safety features in her apt. I visit my mother weekly and the residents I meet are all so friendly and happy, the lobby and common areas are very nicely decorated and clean. The fact that she can have her cat with her means the world, it's the little things like this that mean so much. I can't recommend this place enough.

Graet place to live safely and make friends

I found Clairmont Oaks after a long search of senior living facilities. They were able to meet all of my mothers needs and a few extra. Our primary concerns were for transportation to Dr appointments and grocery, fun activities, and a safety mechanism in the apartment in case of a fall or injury. Clairmont Oaks has all of these and were able to give my mother an apartment almost immediately.

The apartment is small and kind of boxy, but the space is plenty for my moms needs and the staffs friendliness more than makes up for the size.

During the past year of her residency at Clairmont Oaks, my mother had a stroke. The staff responded quickly, with care and respect. They have helped greatly in her recovery, offering kindness whenever possible. I highly recommend Clairmont Oaks Apartments to anyone looking. Most important, my mother loves it there! She has made many friends since her move in last year.

Liked the building. Especi...

Liked the building. Especially laundry on each floor and a larger kitchen space. Will complete an application.

Nice, based unpon pricing. ...

Nice, based unpon pricing. very interested.

My Impression of Clairmont Oaks

I toured the Clairmont Oaks facility in search for a home for my sister. We were greeted very pleasantly by the receptionist and Ms. Maxine Simpson. I was impressed with the decor and cleanliness of the facility. However, most importantly, my observation of the staff's warm embrace and interaction with the residents clearly convinced me that Clairmont Oaks would be a nice place for my love one.

During my search, I visited other Senior Facilities but Clairmont Oaks offered far more in programs and services than did the other facilities.

My sister has adjusted well to Clairmont Oaks and has gotten involved with several of the programs. I would not hesitate to recommend Clairmont Oaks to others who are seeking a place for their love one.

Tons of Activities

Mom loves it! There's lots of activities. They've got everything from going to the grocery store to going to the movies to in house movies and in house exercise programs that are free of charge. The have games, you can volunteer, I mean, the list just keeps going on.

It was a very nice experience from start to finish. My mom is low income so it was a matter of finding someone who could work with her and they've been great. We put her name on a waiting list for another place and now she's like I'm not moving! She's made friends and they have birthday parties every month. They have a service that takes you to your doctors appointments and a tag system where they residents put their key tags on their door every morning by 9 and if the key tag isn't there, they check on the person.

Had a schedule tour about 9...

Had a schedule tour about 9 months ago. No terraces, had older population than I thought. Great location and everything else, just wasn't ready to commit.

My Mom and I loved Clairmon...

My Mom and I loved Clairmont Oaks, Maxine Simpson and the staff and was amazing, caring, and professional.

I really loved Clairemont Oaks. It h...

I really loved Clairemont Oaks. It had all the amenities we were looking for and the location was perfect.

Private apts, laundry on each floor, ...

Private apts, laundry on each floor, community rooms, daily check-ins; shuttle service once a week; once per month shuttle to cvs, target, walmart; 600-700$ per month.

Did not have balcony or terraces, oth...

Did not have balcony or terraces, otherwise nice. Only 550 sq ft for apartment

Director was very kind and did a grea...

Director was very kind and did a great job showing me everything that Clairmont Oaks has to offer.Iknow I would like living there.

Come home to the best in senior living Much more than just a place to live, Clairmont Oaks is a caring community where residents and professional staff share mutual respect and concern for each other.

It’s the ideal place to call home. Our inclusive, supportive environment has all the right features for senior living at its best: ~ Affordable rent that includes utilities and on-site maintenance ~ No application fee or long-term lease ~ One-bedroom and efficiency apartments An inviting place for seniors with active lifestyles Do you love crafts, card games, exercise classes or outings to restaurants and events?

At Clairmont Oaks you’ll find a wide variety of social, recreational and educational activities.

Since Clairmont Oaks operates under the guidelines of the Section 236 program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), all applicants must meet our Screening Criteria, which includes an annual income of less than $38,200 for one person and $43,650 for two persons. Income includes wages, pensions, Social Security benefits and any income generated from investments.

Decatur, GA is in DeKalb County. It is part of metropolitan Atlanta and is located five miles from its downtown area. The community is 4.2 square miles in area and home to many historic neighborhoods including Chelsea Heights, Decatur Heights, and Ponce de Leon Heights. It is a senior-friendly city with businesses, transportation, attractions, and entertainment that older residents patron and enjoy.

City Info

Decatur is similar in size to its three Sister Cities, Bousse, Burkina Faso, and Ouahigouya.

- Walkability Score: 56 Fairly walkable

- Population: At the time of the 2010 U.S. Census, Decatur had 19,335 people.

- Average Age of Residents: The average age of residents is 38 years old.

- The number of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area: There are 418 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Continuing Care Communities, Adult Daycares, and more in the city.

- Average Weather Conditions: Temperatures can top 102 degrees Fahrenheit in August. The lowest monthly average temperature is in January and is 45 degrees Fahrenheit, which is mildly cold considering the average in other states north of it.

Transportation

There are two bus lines in the city of Decatur, one for local travel and the other for distance travel.

- Buses: Public transportation via MARTA, the city's bus system, is available to seniors at a discount. There isn't a monthly pass available but instead, single trip, round trip, and package trip fare are available.

- Trains: MARTA also provides local train service to seniors. Amtrak in nearby Atlanta provides distance travel services. It, too, offers senior discounts.

- Taxis: Catching a cab in the city is easy. There are many options for companies to use, too. Some examples include Decatur Taxi Service, Decatur & Tucker's Taxi Cab Service, Decatur Taxi Cab, Quicklivery, and Decatur Hello Yellow Cab Taxi.

- Rideshare: Uber or Lyft is available in the area for ridesharing purposes. After downloading a free app, seniors can book rides through their smart phones.

- Airports: Seniors can catch a flight at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport which is located seven miles from downtown Atlanta.

Health and Safety

There are two hospitals in the area for seniors to visit when necessary.

- Hospitals in the Area: The two options that exist in Decatur include DeKalb Medical Long Term Acute Care at Downtown Decatur and DeKalb Medical at North Decatur.

- Crime Rate in Decatur: Compared to state crime statistics, Decatur is 1.35 times less likely to have a crime committed in the city. When compared to national statistics, it is 1.35 times less likely.

Sports and Leisure

There are no golf courses in Decatur but many in Atlanta.
- Golf Courses Nearby: Seniors can pull out their golf clubs and play at these Atlanta golf clubs/courses, Buckhead Club, East Lake Golf Club, Charlie Yates Golf Course, Druid Hills, Golf Club, and much more.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: Seniors can play tennis at Glenlake Tennis Center and DeKalb Tennis Center.

- Gyms Nearby: The Decatur Recreation Center offers senior-friendly classes that require registration as well as ones where residents can drop in. There is also fitness equipment and a swimming pool that rec center visitors can use.

Shopping and Entertainment

Seniors have their choice of buying from nationally-known chain grocery stores as well as international markets representing a wide variety of foods, beverages, and other household goods.

- Grocery Stores: Buying food from different regions of the globe is possible in Decatur. Grocers include First Oriental Market, Patel Brothers, Cherians International Groceries, Rainbow Natural Foods, WayField Foods, Big Bear Supermarket, Kroger, Al-Salam International Groceries, and much more.

- Other Restaurants: A wide variety of cuisine is served in Decatur. Senior men and women can enjoy fast food or fine dining, whichever is preferable. Some of the restaurants available for them to choose from include No. 246, Leon's Full Service, The Pinewood, Farm Burger Decatur, K Barbecue Taco, Wahoo, and much more.

- Movie Theaters: There are many movie theaters showing new and classic films. Among the most popular are AMC Classic North DeKalb Mall 16, Satellite Cinemas South DeKalb, Academy Theatre, and Rankin M. Smith Sr. IMAX Theater.

- Libraries: There are many public and private libraries seniors can visit. Getting a library card is as simple as showing ID and proof of residency in the form of a bill or utility statement. Libraries in the area include DeKalb County Public Library, Covington Branch Library, Scott Candler Library, Wesley Chapel Branch Library, Toco Hill: Avis G. Williams Library, McCain Library, and Flat Shoals Library.

- Senior-Friendly Salons: A Natural Buzz is one option available in Decatur. There are many salons in Atlanta, too, including Salon Lotus and Bespoke Salon.

- Entertainment: Some places of interest for seniors to visit are Fernbank Science Center, Woodlands Garden, and the Center for Civil and Human Rights.

Religious Facilities

Seniors can visit any of 15+ religious facilities in Decatur.

Religious Facilities Nearby: Shambhala Meditation Center, Decatur Ismaili Center HQ, University Catholic Center at Emory University, Word of Truth Christian Center, The dReam Center Church of Atlanta, Bahai Unity Center, The Way, The Truth and The Life Christian Center, Inc., City of Refuge Family Life Center, Christ Liberty Family Life Center, Hope for Tomorrow Deliverance Center, Global Leadership Christian Center, Kingdom Builders Worship Center, New Jerusalem Outreach Center, Love Divine Music Center, Salt and Light Truth Center, and many more.