Cherry Laurel - Tallahassee, FL

Staff just out for MONEY and DOES NOT CARE about residents

Mother was staying her until she had a fall and had to be moved to somewhere with occupational therapy on-site. Even with a doctor's note stating it was medically necessary for her to be moved to a unit with OT on-site, Cherry Laurel staff as well as their superiors refused to reimburse mother for the prorated rent due (nearly $1000).

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we are sorry to see your mother move out of Cherry Laurel and hope that she is doing well in her new home. Your review has been forwarded to the regional and community management teams who have reviewed the situation further. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a refund due to our terms and conditions of the lease. We hope nothing but the best for your family. Thank you for reaching out to us.

A nice place

My mother in law is doing pretty good at this community. She is starting to get involved in some of the daily activities. The staff have been helpful. They offer a variety of food options and I was satisfied with the food. The community is clean and the grounds are well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Completely independent

Mom is settling in and is enjoying the activities. They are having some help issues in the kitchen so the food is not always the best. The staff are very nice and willing to help. The new administrator is awesome. The community has beautifully kept grounds and the building is well maintained. They have call buttons for the residents. There is no one on site in the evening. I would recommend this community.

Friendly and caring

Cherry Laurel was a really nice community. Very clean and well-kept community. The landscaping was just beautiful. The inside was very warm and inviting and nicely decorated. My mom was not able to stay for very long due to the fact that they could not provide the extra care that she needed. Nevertheless, the staff was very friendly and caring and did their best to attend to her care needs. The food was very good and they provided activities and encouraged the residents to participate. I would recommend Cherry Laurel to friends and family.

Communty Offers A Lot

The community is wonderful they offer a lot of services however mom chooses not to take advantage of most of them. They offer activities but there doesn't seem to be much variety it is the same things every day.They do have a neat feature it is the pet therapy day where cats and dogs come in and the residents can interact with the animals The staff is friendly and helpful and try to encourage residents to be social.
Mom has used the onsite beautician and I thought she had done a good job but mom thought otherwise. The food is pretty good good portions.

Very nice independent living

Overall I think Cherry Laurel is a very nice place, unfortunately independent living just wasn't right for our loved one. But I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into independent living in the area! It's a nice looking, clean community, and the people all seem very friendly.

Very nice

Things are going very well at Cherry Laurel. I do not have any complaints so far. They are very nice and so far I am having a good experience with them.

Best in the area for the money.

We didn't have any problems with Cherry Laurel.

We didn't have any problems with Cherry Laurel. They were clean and nice, and the people were friendly. No complaints or concerns that we came across.

Cherry Laurel has been very good so far.

Cherry Laurel has been very good so far. I don't have any major complaints at this time. I am happy with them.

Wonderful place, perfect fit for us!

They've done an absolutely fantastic job so far at Cherry Laurel, I'd give them higher than 5 if I could! The staff here is fantastic, they're friendly, caring, and really seem to care about the people who live here. They really get to know both the residents and their families, and always know where everyone is if you ask! They've got all sorts of activities, and even the food is good! I also like that they have an on-site home care service available that you can use to get the level of care that is right for your loved one. My Mom wasn't really ready for full-time assisted living, but I'm able to use the care service here to schedule half an hour a few days a week just to check up on her. Our experience has been great here, and I high recommend it!

Mixed experience so far

My loved one has only been here a short time, but it has been somewhat of a mixed experience so far. The facility itself is very pretty and well taken care of. However, there have been a lot of changes in the management staff recently and things have seemed a bit unorganized. My loved one has also said that they could do a lot better when it comes to activities, there are not nearly enough activities and outings.

A Great Place!

Very accommodating. Our mom is treated with respect and care. The facility is friendly, clean and warm. It's bright and positive -feeling.

Located in a picturesque corner of Tallahassee, you’ll be charmed by our caring staff and beautiful facilities. As much as our residents love our quiet community, they also appreciate the convenience of being in the heart of it all with easy access to shopping, healthcare, dining and entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind