Cascade Valley - Arlington, WA

Cascade Valley - Arlington, WA has yet not published prices.

Somewhat under staffed and more activities needed to Diminish boredom

Shawn Torrey

Hi Marva, my name is Shawn, and I work at the Milestone Support Center (located in Vancouver, WA). I have gone and sent this over to the community and regional leadership team. They are working hard to ensure that more activities are added based on the preferences of residents. The Regional Vice President of Operations is also working with the staff to make immediate improvements. We are excited to have a staff that is ready to bring more teamwork into the building. We have had since a lot of compliments about the care staff and leadership team from families and residents. Please private message our Facebook page if you wish to provide any additional information about your experience. I can then take it to the appropriate individuals. Thank you again, Marva, and have a great rest of your day. Shawn - Digital Marketing

Everyone was very helpful.sent many options.helped myself and my brother make a choice. Cascade Valley Senior Care in Arlington our pick.Thank You.[Name removed] and [Name removed]

All the staff is kind, helpful and compassionate.
Ice cream social was enjoyed by all so far as I could see.
Food could be better as I understand and I believe WIFI should be always available to visitors as well as residents post living had it to all.

Greatly appreciate the friendly staff. Even when things may not be going well, they always try to be helpful.

Most of the time I find upon daily visitors that things are mostly on the positive side.
Today, however, something slipped and my husband was not cleaned up - & left in his room (alone) while program was going on.

Love it! Mom is so comfortable here! Great job Cascade Valley!

I am thrilled and grateful that my mother has a safe residence where she receives care and meals.

Great place! Friendly and helpful staff.

We were looking for respite for my 97 year old mother and visited several because deciding on here. One reason I liked it was because it is a smaller facility with maybe 70 people. The staff was all so friendly and helpful. We put my mom in here for a 3 week respite hoping if she liked it we would keep her here. She at first was reluctant about staying but after the 2nd week she really adjusted and really is doing well here. Her whole disposition has changed and she is so happy and content and loves all the staff and other residents. She is a smoker and has to go outside to smoke but they gave her a necklace that has a button she can push if she has trouble going out or coming back in. She complained at home being sick often and does not complain about that at all. She has gone out on many outings to lunch or shopping on their bus. Don't think we could have picked a better place. All the staff are super friendly and I can call any time to see how things are going.

Worst care ever

Horrible Care, Very Unhappy. They promise you the world and do nothing.
Worse care ever. you would have better care leaving your loved on on a corner with a homeless person.

Katie McHale

Hi Gwenn,
I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's Support Center. First, I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Cascade Valley. I have been working with the Cascade Valley team to find your contact information, but they do not have your name, phone, or address on file. Please call [removed] to discuss your concerns with the team directly. They look forward to hearing from you.

Katie

Great tour !!

I had a great tour of this community and the staff was very kind and gave my mother and I lots of great information as well as answered any questions we may had for them. Everything seemed to be fine however there was an overwhelming odor throughout the building that really was unpleasant for us. I just did not think this was the right fit for my mother.

Liked the place and am feel it will be a great fit for my father. Working on getting him transferred there now.

NOT A GOOD CHOICE

One disappointment after another. Transitioned through major turnover of staff and administration. Now have an Administrator [Removed] who dances around the issues with lies and empty promises and nothing ever changes. [Removed] is in charge of the memory care section and is so rude to patients and their families. She is not even a nurse! She is a nursing assistant with NO formal memory care training. [Removed] raises her voice and upsets the patients. Your family member is NOT safe in this place. I wouldn't let them take care of my dog.

Great activities director

There are good things and not so great things about cascade Valley senior living. First, the very best thing is their activities director Norma [Removed]. She's there five days a week and she does a great job of having good engagement activities for the residents. We also feel that she took a personal interest in my mom and in our family. We feel the most comfortable with having my mom there because of Norma [Removed]. There have been some ups and downs and miscommunication with my mom's stay there. She's been there almost 3 months and the first two roommates that they placed with her were totally not good fits. The most important thing is to be an active visitor and always talking with Amanda the person in charge of memory care and the caregivers that work there. This is my only experience with my mom living at this type of residence so I don't have anything to compare it to except for visits to other places.

A Seamless Move

We moved Mom to CV since her previous dementia unit did not take Medicaid, and we anticipated we would need it in the next couple years. The trauma of making a move did not happen as we expected. She had been in the previous place for over 5 years and was well known among the staff. Surprisingly, she moved seamlessly into the new environment, and now seems happy to at least attend activities, if not always participating. Many of the staff go out of their way to help her and to meet our expectations, but a few just seem to ignore us when we visit. We are very satisfied with the facility, the cleanliness of her room and the fact that we never see dirty laundry in her room. We are also pleased that there is no increasing charge for changes in level of care; you pay for the room size only. This helps us plan for the future. Food options are not always appropriate for the dementia residents, but they are working on this. I would be comfortable to recommend Cascade Valley to others.

Good value, truly caring caregivers, and excellent activities program.

In 2015 my parents moved in, their 3rd facility in a year. Cascade Valley Senior Living was chosen because my father needed the memory care, but my mother did not. So each had their own room, but they could visit and eat together any time they wanted. The military discount was a nice bonus. It was not any more expensive than the previous facility where they shared one room.

My father has since passed away.

The caregivers in both sections were/are so kind and caring. The activities program in Assisted Living is wonderful and just what my mom needs. There are multiple opportunities for group activities every day, including excercises, bingo, modified bowling, crafts, anagrams, cookie baking every Monday, just to name a few, Plus happy hour every Friday! There are regular church services and Bible studies conducted by outside churches. Occasionally there is entertainment from the outside. For those that care to take part, there are regular outings for shopping, dining and scenic drives in the facility bus.

The facility is in the process of updating the decor, finding a new director, and hiring some new caregivers.

My review is based on experience to date. There were a few bumps in the road in the beginning, but things smoothed out once communication improved and I am so happy mom is enjoying her time and making new friends.

Caring, Safe and Friendly

Our first impression was very positive. The residents and staff all seemed happy and friendly. After moving our mother into the facility we are still very impressed. The staff is attentive, positive and very caring toward the residents. The facility is clean. The food is very good and Mom loves the activities. She is feeling and looking better than she has in a long time. Mom seems to have an excitement for life that has been missing in the last several months. I would recommend Cascade Valley Senior Living to anyone looking for a safe, friendly and caring community for their loved one.

Need more people to help

They could improve on taking care of the residents. We have gone in a couple times and my loved one has been on the floor and no one has caught him. We went in yesterday and he did not have his teeth in and they didn't put them in until the afternoon, so he ate breakfast with no teeth. The workers there are very friendly, they just need more help.