AVOID!

I only give this place one star because it won't let me give it zero stars. Do not put your loved one at this facility. I am a current resident at this facility, and I know first hand the poor care that is provided. Extremely insufficiently staffed. The social services department has covered up cases of abuse. I witnessed this myself! The food is terrible and served to the resident like it is slop. The administration is not truthful to the families and especially to the residents. Their staffing is 1 nurse to 25 patients all of the time. This means that your loved one will have to share one nurse with 24 other patients. They send CNAs home after working only four hours leaving only one CNA to put 25+ people to bed.

Great Care

I was at Carmel Health and Living for 4 weeks in rehab. I was very, very sick. They were wonderful to me. The care was excellent and the food wasn't too bad either. Therapy was exactly what I needed.
I didn't want to go to a nursing home - I am glad I did. They got me strong enough to be back in my own home.

Dad went here to "recover" from a stroke. Gave my dad multiple MRSA infections and a C Dif digestive infection. Regularly understaffed; Never met the doctor once. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Not a place that we were impressed with. The staff seemed friendly enough, but the facility had seen better days. Reminded me too much of a nursing home.

Kelly was friendly and knowledgeable. I was able to see a few rooms which helped to determine what they have available. I was surprised that the apartments in the independent living building did not have stoves in the units. Also the bathroom is in the bedroom and the showers are retrofitted from a closet. It is very odd. The facility is older but for the price point probably what should be expected.

It will not work for our circumstances but I appreciate her time.

Great care

My mother in law had great care! she came to Carmel Health and Living after a knee replacement. Therapy was wonderful! The building isn't the newest but the staff was so caring!

Under Staffed and poor quality

A friend is there and has had nothing but trouble. Nursing staff is drastically under staffed an spend more time on their cell phones than caring for patients. Please don't put your loved one through what my friend is.

Sorry we went there

My father was here for a short period of time 3 years ago. He was brought here for rehab after a hospital stay, mainly because they had on-site dialysis. When I toured the place they showed the nicer side of the building. When he was admitted it was to the other side & nowhere near as nice. Every time I came in I had to track down someone to help him with something. He fell out of bed, but they wouldn't put up rails. They were going to put a mattress with a dip in it on his bed for him. I finally had to make someone do it. He ended up getting a bad staph infection while there & died within a week.

One of the worst nursing home experiences

My husband spent 5 years at this facility. 5 years of me writing them up for unsatisfactory care. They would always promise to make sure things were going to get better. They totally lied about getting him up at least once a day for lunch or dinner. the last draw was when i got a message that he had a bed sore. I went to visit him and saw the sore, I got sick to my stomach, called 911, MIT'S arrived and took him to the emergency room where he got treatment and had to be given a heavy pain med. the police were mortified. he was laying on just a plastic mattress in a lot of pain with this open wound. Carmel Health was going to wait 2 days waiting for wound doctor visit. When the medication for his skin was burning him, they just stopped using it, with out finding another medication that would help, so nothing was used but reg. lotion. The place was filthy. Will never seek service with any Cardon or American Senior facilities again. Just transferred him to his 5th nursing home. For now he seems to be getting better care and feels like a human and not being treated like he has no feelings are rights.

Rehab was great

I loved the rehab team! I was there for rehab after my surgery. The suite was very large and the staff was friendly.

I was there 3 weeks. It was terrible.

I was there for rehab after surgery. It would take someone a minimum of 30 minutes to answer the light when I needed help. One nurse tried to give me my morning meds at night and also tried to give me an insulin shot. I am not diabetic. Every meal was cold and had to be warmed up in the microwave which was in my room. I would never go back nor recommend it to anyone.

Was not impressed at all wi...

Was not impressed at all with this place.

From the moment you reach our beautiful community, conveniently located in Carmel, Indiana, you will recognize our unparalleled approach toward Inspired Senior Living.

We offer a complete continuum of health services, including Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing and Long-Term Care, and Independent Living Apartments . . . all designed to make everyday life better by meeting the individual needs of those we serve, even as they change.

Additionally, Carmel Health & Living Community is proud to announce that we are the only community in Indiana to offer an in-patient Chronic Kidney Disease program and an on-site dialysis center for our residents.

Learn why our approach to care makes such a difference.

To learn more about Carmel Health and Living Community, contact us today to receive more information. Carmel Health & Living Community is managed by CarDon & Associates, an Indiana-based and family owned business.