Carlton Senior Living Fremont - Fremont, CA

I really liked it!

The Carlton Senior Living was very festive and clean. Everyone seemed very happy and nice. They were able to answer all of my questions and provide me with good information. It was a good experience.

A little to much!

I got to take a tour and the staff was great here. They answered a all of my questions and even sat down with me and my loved one. The only reason why we chose to go with another community is just because of the cost. All in all the community is lovely.

A nice community!!!

The food at this community is good and they keep it well taken care of. My brother is still adjusting to his surroundings. The staff are friendly, nice and trying to get him to socialize with the other residents. He does not feel this community works for him but I think it is a good community.

going well

Carlton Plaza Fremont is going well. The facility is clean. The staff there are friendly. I give it all five stars. I have no complaints at this time. It has bee a good experience.

All I Did Was Move My Friend In

All I did was move a friend of mine in there. I do not know what happened, they said they were going to move her from a studio apartment to a one bedroom and it took a lot longer than they thought. That's about it.

Very much a sales pitch, was not really listening to our needs. Nice facility, but not home. It would be like living in a hotel.

very helpful

The people at Carlton Plaza Fremont have all been very helpful and accommodating. They made the process of getting moved in a very smooth and easy transition.

My grandmother has specific dietary requirements, and she does not always remember to mention it to them. It would help if they would make a note of her requirement so she does not have to always remember to mention it.

She seems to like it there.

She seems to like it there. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Overall they score very highly. I would give them a five.

Happy with this facility

Both my parents used this facility at different times, so I think my mother, who is currently there, is getting better care there because they took care of my dad also. We are happy with this facility and don't know if they would get the same care at another provider.

Friendly staff, lots of great activities, food can use improvement

I especially like the friendliness and ambiance. I like that I have my own caregiver.

There are crafts, there is art, once a week there is drawing. wonderful art directly. We have church shuttle. One day a week we have a scenic ride. One day a week we can go a shopping. They give you rides to doctors' appointments. We have a quilting activity twice a month. We have a beautiful courtyard. Concert every month. Good exercise program; one four days a week for balance. Occasionally we go to Oakland to see a baseball game.

The staff are extra friendly, except the director. They try to understand what your needs are and supply

I was very happy when I got there. The salesman was so great. I had reservations. He reflects the friendliness of the community.

The place has worked worked out well for me.

The only thing I would criticize is the food. They're working on that. We have a meeting once a month with the chef and the director of kitchen services.

Carleton Plaza Best Value

Overall our experience with the Carlton has been very good. It did take a few weeks for our mother to adjust to her new setting but now she feels comfortable and trusts the staff. Our best decision was to lease the one bedroom on the top floor rather than a studio. The ceilings are high on the top floor so the apartment feels more roomy and feels more like a home than just a room. We feel very fortunate that she had the resources through the sale of her home and her retirement fund to cover the expense of this facility and feel confident that she will be able to stay even if her condition worsens over time.

Oversold What They Could Provide

Carlton Plaza is fine if you don't need any care services, but if you do need care, and you're paying for it, there are things to look out for. They could really use more staff members to provide the care they say they provide. We were oversold on what they said they could do, and as time progressed, those promises did not hold. Our expectations were not met, and our loved ones are now happy and taken care of in another place.

Carlton Plaza Fremont - Best place ever!

Carlton Plaza Fremont is the most wonderful place! Every member of the staff is warm, caring and friendly. The facility is kept spotless, the outdoor courtyard is beautiful, and it always smells good inside no matter where you go. The care my father is receiving is outstanding and I finally have piece of mind about his living situation. The residents are also cheerful and there are many activities every day for them to participate in. The quality, preparation and variety of the food for every meal is great. Everyone I have met goes out of their way to make sure my father's experience as a resident, and mine as his daughter, are both positive in every way. Thank you Shantela and Carlton Plaza Fremont!

Staff is very helpful and accomodating

I know that they have a lot of activities but she doesn't really participate because she has other friends in the area that she goes to visit. She likes it, I think she really likes the staff, the dining, the care people that come in, they come in all the time so she likes that. She has a cat, they're pet friendly so she's able to have her cat there. I think it's really nice, especially considering her situation. The staff is really accomodating. I live 6 hours away so I'm just here this week and they've been really helpful. She's only 62 so it was hard for her to leave the home and I think she's one of the youngest that's here but she likes it here.

Good Care

My mother has lived here for 6 years. Staff knows everyones names and never talks down to them, even when they're being difficult. They try very hard to provide a variety of activities. It does get expensive as she needs more care, but I haven't found any place as nice that's less expensive. She did go to a convalescent home for a month, after a stroke, and Carlton was able to evaluate the care she'd need when she returned and provide it.

Nice place

Very nice place and homey. The price was just a bit too steep for my mom, otherwise we would have moved her there.

Nice place. Think dad would like it h...

Nice place. Think dad would like it here. Just wouldn't want to have to move him to SJ if his dementia got worse.

Extremely nice place. Feels like a 5...

Extremely nice place. Feels like a 5-star Hotel. Cable and phone are extra. Very friendly staff. Refrigerator and Microwave in kitchen area.

We saw this after the place next door...

We saw this after the place next door. They do not seem prepared to support follow-on care. The room was pretty small too. A lot of the space was devoted to bath and closets.

Lovely, safe community. The facility ...

Lovely, safe community. The facility was welcoming with lots of light. Studio was small but not oppressive. the a la carte levels of care could quickly become prohibtative.

You will feel the elegance the moment you walk through the front door at Carlton Plaza Fremont, an active independent and assisted living community. The marble entry, comfortable fireplace and cozy conversation areas foster friendships and are a lovely place to entertain family.

The courtyard is filled with the tranquil sounds from the Tuscan water fountain and chirping birds. Large, lush shade trees create the perfect environment for cheery morning coffee and soft afternoon conversations. Like our residents, family and friends will be drawn to the outside benches to catch up on current events or just enjoy the day.

The dining options abound at Carlton Plaza Fremont. Residents love the culinary experience in the Atrium located in the dining room at Carlton Plaza Fremont. The cheery sunshine and seasonal decorations make the Atrium a favorite destination for dining.

Ruby’s Café is a 50’s style diner that serves fresh baked cookies, steaming coffee and ice cream. It is a wonderful choice for a change of environment and a favorite of kids and grandkids when they visit. There is always lots of talk about the ice cream socials, sock hops and dessert tasting at Ruby’s Café.