Cantata Adult Life Services - Brookfield, IL

Comfort and care

This is a great community for excellent care. We like the cleanliness of the community. The menu is good and I like knowing that he has adjusted to this living. We like the activities that are offered. We would recommend that community see the care that is offered to the residents. We would recommend the care here for other families.

Nice Experience, Good Tour

This is a pretty nice facility, and we had a good tour of it. Everyone was very kind to my mother,and I. The community was nice, and clean from what we saw. The staff was kind. It was a nice experience, but my mother decided to go with another community.

Service offered seem ideal, but place is dreary, dreary, dreary.

Costly for minimal services

The rent is high and the standard level of care doesn't provide a lot of assistance, extra care packages need to be purchased. It really adds up compared to other facilities.

We've only been here for two weeks so there is much to get acclimated to. Making sure that your senior person has an advocate those first few weeks is very important.
Overall the staff from the RA's to the PT and dining room are very helpful. Daily visits of the CNA and nurses help reassure the senior and be available to answer any questions that she has.
Mom can't wait for spring so that she can walk in the gardens.

Good choice

Excellent caring & friendly staff from the CNAs to the administrators. My 95-yo father stayed in the SNF and then transferred to sheltered living unit. He was a very picky eater and had no complaints about the food. Only issue is the older building is kept up well but showing its age. Newer wings are very nice. Observation: staff always had smile for residents and would greet them by name even if just passing them in hall or dining. This is a smaller not-for-profit facility and is not run by a mega-corporation.

1 BR Indep Living $2650, As...

1 BR Indep Living $2650, Assisted living starting $4000-$4500

Excellent care for dementia

They did the best they could with the staff they had. We wanted my mother in law to be closer to us and they were able to meet her specific level of care. The care was excellent and they were very friendly. I thought that it was probably the best care that she could have recieved considering that she was in a pretty advanced state of dementia. I thought they provided excellent care and attention. They would include her in activities, they got her out of bed and put her in the day room to watch tv so she didn't languish in her room all day.