Home and Hearth Caregivers - La Grange, IL

Home and Hearth Caregivers - La Grange, IL has yet not published prices.

• Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Grocery Shopping / Errands
  • Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • 24 hour care
  • Care For Pets
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness

Very Pleased

Home and Hearth caregivers are doing a wonderful job! We are just thrilled to have Nancy there to help with our parents. She is now a part of the family and my parents adore her! They have adopted her as their third daughter and we couldn't bee more happy to have her!

very happy

Home and Hearth Caregivers is helping out with my father. He is very happy with the woman they have coming out to the house. She does an excellent job. I am not able to be right there to check in with and help out my dad on a regular basis and I am very thankful to have them there to help out.

Highly Recommended

home and Hearth Caregivers really worked hard to be supportive and find a caregiver that fitted my families needs. Anytime I have a question or a problem, they are there to help. I would recommend this agency to anyone looking for a caregiver.

Kind and accommodating...

She was very kind. She was going to meet with me but something came up. We did not meet due to finding another service suggested by my cousin. They were Professional and accommodating.

Satisfied

Our caregiver from Home and Hearth Caregivers are great. We are satisfied with overall services. In terms of activities, it would not be applicable. In terms of cleanliness, I would say five stars. She is very friendly professional and caring. So, we are quite satisfied with everything and would recommend them to others.

Service falls short of needs; expectations not met.

Home and Hearth Caregivers began as a positive experience. The Care Manager assessed the situation at hand, and then did a follow-up interview session with the caregivers. With the second interview, my parents had chosen a caregiver that worked well with them. Unfortunately just after 6 days work, due to a change in the caregiver's schedule, she would no longer fulfill the role for my parents. Parents went on to interview two new caregivers. However, even with knowing what days and hours they were asking for, they brought in caregivers who did not want to fulfill the times. All of this change was very disruptive, confusing, and overwhelming for my senior parents. What we worked so hard to establish lasted for six days, developed into a revolving door, and was terminated within 3-4 weeks. My parents terminated Home and Hearth Caregivers services. In summary, I do not feel Home and Hearth Caregivers managers properly apprised caregivers before brining them to interview with my parents. An appropriate fit was not found, and out of frustration my parents terminated services. This left me searching for a new provider. My parents were told they would receive a refund. To date, the refund has not been received.

Could be better

I haven’t really had any experience with any other home care services. Individual caregivers are more or less engaged with individual client. They don’t really take her out of the house. They just do cleaning and cooking, that kind of thing. We’ve had some scheduling issues that ultimately between the care giver and their employer, but have bled over into some transitional issues that were not ideal. Some of the caregivers have a little bit less skill in handling the situations they are called up on to handle than others.

They were very professional...

They were very professional and explained in detail. They thoroughly answered all my questions. Still haven't decided what to do as my mom doesn't know exactly what kind of help she wants at home.

Mom is Pleased

The care is good. My mom is pleased. They are helping her with bathing, dressing, walking, and other basic assistance. They're driving her to doctor's appointments and things too. Hopefully we've got the billing all straightened away. They're accepting our insurance so I need to make sure they've been paid by them.

No Complaints So Far

They're pretty good. I don't have any complaints and I don't think my mom does either. Laverne, mom's caregiver, is doing what she's supposed to do. She's just doing general care and a little bit of taking care of the house but not too much. She runs mom around to her doctor's appointments and gets groceries. She makes sure mom takes her meds and eats. She doing her job. I hate to give them a 5 because that's perfect and nobody's perfect but they're doing a good job. We have no complaints. Everything is working out good so far.

Caring and Patient

I was dealing primarily with Sheila. She was very responsive and very caring. She was very patient with my dad in explaining the care and all the charges and she didn't just settle for head nod. She had him repeat back his understanding of what was going to be provided which was good. Maria, the weekend person, and Kathleed, who was the Monday through Friday person, were really great with my mom and she is difficult. We ended up having to place her custodially because of her Alzheimer's. It had nothing to do with Home and Hearth.

Weird policy

They weren't required to do a lot of cleaning, they were certainly orderly but they were just there for my mother and they were very friendly. If the caregivers reposibility is to suggest things to do (based on their experiences with the elderly and what they would need to do), that really didn't happen, she waited for me to tell her what to do. Home and Hearth required a deposit upfront, in advance of providing services and I'm not sure why they require that. I've worked with 2 others that never required that, that was a little off putting and very strange. I would caution them against possibly appearing to apply that policy selectively. Its not asked for before the initial meeting, if that's their policy they need to state it on their website or when you make an appointment.

Desperately Seeking Help

I am the sole caregiver for my mom who is suffering from severe dementia. I wanted her to remain at my home for as long as possible but found the responsibilities daunting. Home and Hearth came to my rescue. Their professionalism and kindness was much more than I expected. The caregiver they matched with my mom was very professional. She lovingly cares for her, walks with her and make sure that the day she spends with her is full. I can recommend them to anyone seeking quality home care.

Home & Hearth Caregivers is available 24/7 for you or your loved one. We serve Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, and Will counties. Our experienced Care Plan Managers will be happy to provide a complimentary home assessment.

Home & Hearth Caregivers provide care ranging from bath visits to live-in caregivers and there are no minimums! We are insured, licensed and bonded and provide extensive background checks, drug screening and fingerprinting of our caregivers.

We develop a care plan and introduce caregivers prior to the initial visit. YOU get to choose the caregiver that best suits your loved one's needs.

Home & Hearth Caregivers listens and understands your needs. Our services will help with the activities of daily living while respecting you or your loved one's independence.