Brookdale Sumter - Sumter, SC

Brookdale Sumter - Sumter, SC has yet not published prices.

I Like Where My Dad Is At

So far I am happy with the care. My dad is enjoying the meals and he just started participating in activities. The staff have been making him comfortable and welcomed. From what I've seen for the first time visiting, he looks good and it's a great place. I also think they should itemize the personal care with the billing statement.

Safe Place!!

I would recommend Brookdale Sumter to family and friends. The staff is attentive and nice. The meal portions that my loved one has are good and healthy. There are some music activities that my loved one likes. Many more activities are also offered on site. My loved one is doing great and they are most importantly safe.

Not A Good Staff

It has not been a good experience here at Brookdale. I am trying to wait it out before moving my grandmother to a new commuinty. The mangement informed me they were hiring more people because they are very under staffed. The caregiviers are rude and have mistreated my grandmother because I have brought up some on my concerns to mangement. She wasn't getting her medicine on time and I wasn't happy with the care she was recieving from them. I wouldn't recommend this community until some improvements happen to the staff.

Met all of our expectations

Our experience with Brookdale Sumter has been a very positive one, overall. It's a nice looking place, the staff has been forthcoming and professional, and they've met all of our expectations in regards to the care they provide. We're confident that our loved one is in a place where he'll be well taken care of!

Review of Sterling House of Sumter Assisted Living in Sumter, SC

Locked doors on entrance made me feel locked in. Would prefer a different entrance. Rooms small.

Heard nothing but good things!

I haven't personally gotten a chance to visit my loved one here yet (but I've got a trip planned), but after all the trouble we had with her previous facility near me this place has been a huge change! I've heard nothing but good things from my relatives. The staff have been great about communication. I'm always able to get in touch with someone, and they get back to me immediately with responses to any questions I've had.

Although we did not keep our appointm...

Although we did not keep our appointment (Mom is moving in with us), the staff that I spoke to was extremely professional and curteous.

Brookdale Sumter is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected