Brookdale North Fremont - Fremont, CA

Brookdale North Fremont - Fremont, CA has yet not published prices.

Memory care!!

The staff where very friendly and professional during our tour of this community. They made sure answer any questions we had in detail as well as take there time with our visit. We did not feel pressured or rushed which was a huge plus in my eyes. All they had was the memory care unit though and I needed more of an assisted living for my parents.

STAY AWAY

Now that Emeritus has been acquired by Brookdale, it's a completely different "ball game"
STAY AWAY.....Our loved one developed bedsores and incidents such as bruising started on her.
The worst one was documented through photographs immediately after it happened. When asked how it could of happened, the answer was......."we don't know" the administrator was tight lipped and non caring, ( a former Chef) in the same facility we found out. According to him, he with 32 years of experience at administering. What a lie.
After a police investigation the people working there started being relocated to other facilities,including the administrator in question. Their only defense in this matter was IGNORANCE OF THE ACCIDENT.
THEY PROMISE THE BEST BUT THE TRUTH IS .......FOR THE PRICE.......stay AWAY, IF YOU CARE FOR YOUR LOVED ONE.

wonderful!

The people there at Brookdale North Fremont are absolutely wonderful! I have watched how they interact with the residents and they just do an absolutely wonderful job.

However, I am not 100% sure if it is the best place for my mother. Mo mother is more functioning than most the other residents there. The activities that they have are for those who do not function as well, so they are not as well suited for her.

Otherwise it has been a good experience and I would highly recommend Brookdale North Fremont.

Review of Emeritus at Atherton Court in Fremont, CA

Please let us express to each and everyone of you how very grateful we are to the care you gave our father over the last 2 and 1/3 years. We have all felt nothing short of your love and compassion during these months. You have helped each of us understand how complex dementia is, but at the same time with positive attitude, love and patience, we were able to help dad through this journey.
You feel love coming through the front door! The times we would become frustrated, you knew when tot step in and guide us through. My dad was truly blessed to have you all as his second family. You all amaze me and my siblings with your constant love an compassion. This to me seems on e of the hardest jobs I have ever witnessed.
We all will miss being a part of Emeritus Family. Dad loved you all, that I know for a fact. You maintained his dignity through his journey, from baths to feeding to just giving him your time when he became afraid or lonely.
We all can never thank each and everyone of you for your love. May God bless each and everyone of you.

Review of Emeritus at Atherton Court in Fremont, CA

Maria George has done a wonderful job of caring for my dad. The rest of the staff has treated him well too. Thank you!

Review of Emeritus at Atherton Court in Fremont, CA

Thanks for sending the link to the Emeritus videos. We will take a look at these. We appreciated the time you spend with us yesterday in showing us your facility. We received good impression and feel that you and your staff provide a very caring environment for all your residents. We will definitely consider Emeritus at Atherton Court when our Dad is no longer able to care for himself in his home.

Review of Emeritus at Atherton Court in Fremont, CA

It has been a great privilege for having you as our mom's caregiver.
Thank you very much for your excellent service. You've been very caring and sensitive to her needs. You treated her with pleasant attitude and great smile.
She enjoyed her Taichi, gardening and field trips, ie. dog park trip, luau, walking, etc.
Your exceptional service made her feel better and gave us the impression that patients at Emeritus are well taken care of.

Emeritus No More

Within 2 weeks of placing our loved one - he developed 2 bedsores on his heels. He fell once and was not immediately evaluated by a doctor or taken to the ER.

Continuing care instructions where routinely ignored or forgotten or not passed on to other shifts.

His stuff is continually missing. Including but not limited to his shoes - which are required for walking. When asked if he had been walked the answer is yes of'course. However they could not find his shoes and could not answer why or how he could be walked without them.

We are moving him ASAP before anymore degradation of his physical well-being occurs.

For a facility at the financial upper-limit memory care cost... I expect more than Bingo as an activity. A more stimulating environment than a converted convalescent facility in the round located in a former strip mall with staff that are tired because they are underpaid and working more than one job.

I feel like they take too many Alzheimers patients here and it's too chaotic.

I feel like they take too many Alzheimers patients here and it's too chaotic. I have also heard stories from others who have loved ones there that it's not too clean, and that it smells like urine. It's also much more expensive. I was not impressed with that place.

Good care, but expensive and food could be better

The only thing I've had an inkling about it I've had a number of meals there and I would not like those to be what I eat every day. I really wonder if they're getting the amount of calories they really need. My husband has dementia, so he really doesn't know and he thinks the food is great, but when I had meals there they weren't to my liking. That would be it, and the cost. As far as treatment and care, I have no complaints. He can go out to the garden and pulls weeds, he can go in and out the door any time he wants, the garden is right in the middle so he can't go anywhere and I'm glad he has the garden. He can tell the difference between a dead leaf and a green leaf and it keeps him busy. At least it's something to expend his energy, I think they're treated well, they're watched over, it's clean, I'm just not too pleased with the food and the cost.

A Great Community for Mom

We moved my mother-in-law here last week. So far, she is really happy. She is involved and active. The staff is working hard to make her feel welcome and to keep her occupied. Gone are the please to "go home" or trying to leave the facility every five minutes. She seems happy, and that makes us happy.

The rooms are shared, but I think that is good for my MIL. She was very lonely at night. I think she is comforted having someone else in the room. The facility is clean and neat. It is bright with a lovely outdoor area in the middle. The only thing that I think they could change is the presentation of the meals. The food smells good, and the residents told me it's good. However, it looks like cafeteria food ("ice cream scoop" mashed potatoes, cubes of meat, etc.) It would be nice to have it look more like home. The staff has been friendly, supportive, and helpful. My MIL has already made friends and enjoys "helping" the staff.

Great Care but Expensive

My mom was there for memory care but her money ran out after a couple of years. At that cost, it should have. The care was very good but it got to where it was breaking the bank every month.

Nice Garden Access

I looked at Emeritus for my mom and I liked that place because she could walk out in the garden on her own. My mom really likes the garden. I'm still maybe considering moving here there. We'll see how she's doing in the spring. Where she is now they have a garden but someone has to let her out. At Emeritus she could just go out on her own.

I visited and toured the facility. R...

I visited and toured the facility. Respite care looks promising.

I liked the idea that it was dementia...

I liked the idea that it was dementia/memory care only. It was a nice place. I felt more comfortable here then other places.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License#15601255