Brookdale Kettleman Lane - Lodi, CA

Brookdale Kettleman Lane - Lodi, CA has yet not published prices.

Very nice, but on the high end of cost

Care and patience for dad

I like this community for the care that is given. I know that my father likes the menu and he is pleased with everything. The staff is nice and caring to his needs. The community is clean and well maintained. There are times when they need more staff available. I like knowing that he is trying to participate with the other residents. I would recommend this caring community for the care.

Regrets

It's unfortunate that you can't really learn about a community prior to placing your family member there. Guaranteed, you would not select this facility, if you had.
Large turnover in personnel, to include management, who lack in, not only managerial expertise, people skills, but also compassion for their residents.
Their quotes for fees are greater than reflected in their website. Their services advertised, much less.
Since residents placed there are no longer are able to voice their concerns, fears, etc, we need to speak up for them. We need to be vigilant for them and question what the facility is doing and why, without concern for retribution to our loved ones.
Please look beyond the initial facade of an alleged 'family enviornment' that is portrayed to prospective residents families. Just one recent example: a med tech was assisting a resident to eat and stuck the fork into a chicken leg and held it up to the resident. The meat had not been cut. Is that showing this resident any amount of dignity?
There are so many regrets about having experienced a relationship with this facility.
Please be careful in your placement of your family member.

a definite for the dementia patient who is a danger to themselves or others. Bright, secure, clean. A lot of [Removed] patients waiting around starring at you. Too much for my mom at this point, she does not wander, does not need a lock down yet.

Beautiful community and staff

The community was very clean and the staff were very compassionate and helpful. Beautiful landscaping.

No activities, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing! For Amy of$ they expect you to pay
I was disappointed

Care guaranteed

The place looked better than in the photos we were previously shown, but what captured our yes is the courteous and friendly staff. We liked the designed activities too.

Very happy

The food is pretty good. There are outside areas for residents and families to use. They have a good selection of activities. We were really lucky to have found this community. They’re clean and the staff are great.

NOT TOO IMPRESSED!

I was scheduled for a tour this week. I arrived promptly only to be told the person my appointment was with was currently unavailable due to a tour. I sat down and waited. After 30 minutes, I asked the receptionist how much longer as I was on a tight schedule. She said "well, I can't interrupt a tour". I replied "well I did have a 10:30 appointment". She was. To friendly and not accommodating whatsoever. As a business owner myself, I know that the first person a prospect sees, will give either a good or poor representation of your business. After waiting over 30 minutes past my appointment time, I told the receptionist I had to leave. She made no effort to call anyone to assist. My opinion is that although it might be a nice facility, if their service up front is anything to do we their service behind the scenes, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable placing my loved one in their care.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear about your experience. What you describe certainly does not meet our standards. Your experience is not typical, as evidenced by the reviews here. We have no record of the incident on file; however this incident should not have happened as we always have back up staff available to facilitate a tour if our Community Relations Director is unavailable. We have since welcomed a new Executive Director into our family, and they have retrained all staff members on the appropriate ways to greet our guests, as well as how to correctly handle a requested or pre-scheduled tour. We invite you to reach out to our Executive Director to reschedule your tour as we would love to show you our commitment to serving our seniors in action.

Knowledgeable Staff

They were very nice. It was a larger place. The staff seemed very kind and concerned and helpful when we went to interview. They gave us lots of information on dealing with dementia. They really seemed to have a good understanding and good approach to the condition. It was just too big. We knew mama would be less confused and disoriented in a smaller place.

Mom Is Cared For Here

It's expensive but that's true no matter where you go. The activities are there if the residents want to participate in them. They have cooking, exercise, music, and other various things. I think maybe the staff ratio could be better. I know that it's like six or seven to one but some times it seems like more, maybe because someone calls in sick. Sometimes I don't know that they're able to watch as closely as they'd like to. My mom isn't really aware of where she is. She thinks that it's her house and she supervises everyone so it's day to day. Some days she's happy and some day she's not but I would say she's being well taken care of.

Really Good Activities

The care is very very good. There's been a little glitch in that we didn't know that we had to make arrangements for this and that. We didn't know that they charged for transportation. They do have a ride available if you need to go to the doctor or something like that but we didn't know there was a $100 charge for it. We won't do that again because now we know.

They have very very good activities. They send us a calendar every month so we know what's available for my father-in-law. It's good because it's Alzheimer's so he doesn't think there's anything going on because he can't remember. They're really good at communicating with us.

Updated: New Owners, New Policies

Brookdale - Send your monthly payments registered mail, or it will take weeks to clear your checks and in the meantime they will bill you again and with late fees. Fortunately, the bookkeeper there has had the late fees eliminated on 3 of these instances. The facility no longer has adequate staff ratio and I am sure they can justify that by saying it is a mixed (dementia) and regular care, but with dementia patients you need more supervising. My Mom's laundry is done privately. Overall staff and med techs are great. Salon services are great. Food services have been good. We have family members helping Mom on a daily basis as well. No place fulfills all your needs but the money handling makes me nervous.

This was a nice facility but is no lo...

This was a nice facility but is no longer one that we would consider because it's too far away.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #397002728