Brookdale Danville - Danville, CA

Brookdale Danville - Danville, CA has yet not published prices.

Improvements on care

We toured this community for care. We did not like the cleanliness of the community and they need to make improvements in a lot of areas. They did not seem to be well organized. The menu has a lot to offer the residents. They do offer activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that this community make some improvements.

Not a good match

I toured this community when I was looking for my mom. I felt it was too institutional and it didn't have the family-orientated atmosphere we were looking for.

We Pleased With This Community

We are very pleased with all this community has done for us. My mother in law in doing amazing. It is a good looking community, they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. They have an excellent staff here. There are many activities offered, she is participating in many. She is pleased with the meals. Overall we know she safe and getting great care. I would recommend this community.

Review of Brookdale Danville - Danville, CA

We toured here. We decided that there are too many patients who need constant attention but don’t have the staff to back it up. Granted we were there on a Saturday. The pricing is also misleading. The prices listed don’t include the care price. Just the room rental plus you have to pay for cable and diapers

Review of Brookdale Danville-Danville, Ca

On my visit here in our search for a place for our mother with dementia, I was very impressed. This is a very warm, caring, clean community. The people working here pay very close attention to the needs of the residents, and clearly care about them as individuals. The facility is very nice, attractive, with a great layout - circular around an outdoor courtyard. While it provides an aesthetic focal point (windows overlooking the courtyard), the practical side is that it also allows the staff to see what’s going on over pretty much all of the common areas. Attention is given to the individual residents at meal time to ensure everyone eats. The rooms are good sized, so even if they are shared there is a fair amount of closet space. Nice bathroom in the rooms, easily handicapped accessible. But most importantly, the people working here a clearly truly caring. The residents gravitate to them, and obviously just think the world of them. That spoke volumes to me. This was at the top of my list of choices. The main reason we selected another community was, unfortunately, location - this one was far enough away and the other one very close, so we would be able to spend more time with our mom. If we hadn’t found one we felt was just as caring and clean, though, we would have sacrificed the distance and chosen Brookdale Danville.

I say that overall Brookdale Danville is an okay facility. I have had some disappointing experiences with a resident there, but I think they have that under control now. Overall it has been a good experience.

Good feeling. Clean. Building is secure. Rooms are large with windows, closets, dressing area and bathroom. Patio area. Residents encouraged to stay in commons area or dining room during the day. Activities. Hair salon on site. Marisa is great

They're pretty clean, but it's kind o...

They're pretty clean, but it's kind of sloppy. It seems like they are maybe understaffed in that department. The staff are all super friendly though! The activities are hard to rate. They have a calendar that's full of activities and events, but I've been there a lot and they never really seem to do them. Also, it seems that they promised a lot of things that are turning out not to be true. They are cheaper than some of the other options in the area, but the things they were selling to us seemed too good to be true. We were told that the food was really good, but it seems like they serve too small of portions, and it's difficult for memory care residents to ask for more. They have had good communication with us though, and it was the best place we've found so far.

My step-father was a resident of Emer...

My step-father was a resident of Emeritus at Barrington Court for one week. During that week our experience was that the Executive Director was very helpful to us and was available almost around the clock to answer our questions. The staff seemed very friendly and attentive. However, my step-father was diagnosed with agitated dementia and I'm not sure this is the best community for someone with that diagnosis.

Lots of New Activities

The activities have gotten better since mom first moved there. They got a new activities director and there are a lot of new things going on. There is karaoke, a sock hop the other night, and lots of outings planned. They're even getting feedback from the families as far as what we thing they would enjoy. The new director is a lot more involved and interested in hearing new ideas. They have a whole new landscaping thing going on where they're getting the residents involved with planting and watering and feeding birds. It's really pretty cool.

Overall satisfaction is good. She's safe and protected. The food is actually pretty good, maybe a little bland. They're making some improvements like making their rooms more homey. We're working on getting special traditions/decorations for the holidays. There are a lot of new things happening that are going to add to the overall atmosphere. I would definiley recommend it

Feedback

It is a beautiful facility with friendly caring staff. The patients can be themselves which is sometimes trying because the disease influences their behavior. The patients are kept safe while allowing them
some leeway to act according to how the disease effects them.
There are a few things that could improve. There appears to be a lack of communication between the shift changes. Some times day time staff is not aware of what is going on during the night time.
Medication at times is not administered according to doctor's orders. Certain patients, who don't like removing their clothes, can be in the same clothes for a couple days. Patients clothes can be on others and their bedding can be on other patient's bedding.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #75601257