Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard - Tallahassee, FL

Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard - Tallahassee, FL has yet not published prices.

Nice Community, But Not A Good Fit for My Mother

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. From what I saw I felt this community was for more advanced dementia patients. It is a good looking community. Everything appeared to be well maintained. They have nice activities available for the residents. The residents were kind. Unfortunately this community wouldn't had been a good fit for my mother.

Okay

This facility is okay. The staff is nice, but they seemed short staffed at times and there is a high turnover rate. The facility is kept clean as far as I could tell. There seem to be quite a few activities for the residents to do. There is room for a lot of improvement here.

The activities seems interesting, I can't really say because my husband is always sleep. They could improve on speaking with the family . I don't know what medications he's taking and if he is taking them at all. When I try to speak with the nurse she is either gone to lunch, break or gone for the day.

They are doing an awesome job.

They are doing an awesome job. It's clean and the staff is friendly, they are awesome. It's small enough. The food is good, the chef is awesome, and goes out of his way to make sure they get what they need. The activities manager is wicked good.

Extremely Negative Experience

They don’t have the staff to do any one-on-one. My loved one was having seizures and they didn’t catch on to that. They were there to care for my mom and they just weren’t there to help. The administration there is great. It’s the hands on people that were terrible – apathetic- burned out. They had one or two good CNAs. The nurses were great, but they were overwhelmed and there weren’t enough of them.

The hands on caregivers wer...

The hands on caregivers were not compassionate and/or caring. They did not asst. Mom and the staff and nurses were unaware of our Mother's seizures and falls until too late.

Thought they were heaven sent, but huge change in personel

To give it an overall rating is really difficult because some areas they really excell in and some are dismal. At this moment in time I would rate them a two because they about been without a director since the end of July. It's disasterous, first of all I think the staff is a little like "Who do we answer to and what do we do?". At the time they were also replacing their director of nursing, when they got a replacement for her they had to replace their maintenence man. There was a huge change in personel but everyone had valid reasons for leaving, no one was leaving under stressful circumstances. There was just a huge sense of confusion, the current marketing director is trying to help but she's trying to do things that are not a part of her job, but she's doing the best she can. The activity director has an assistant that's right on top of it, she interacts with the residents and that girl needs to be nominated for an award, she comes up with the most interesting activities and was the only one who read the 6 pages of personality questions I filled out for my mom. I want to be able to work with Clare Bridge but the confusion is disasterous.

Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard is a dedicated Alzheimer's care community located in the metropolitan area of Tallahassee, Florida. The capital city boasts access to world-class health services, fine dining, shopping and an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. Tallahassee offers all the luxuries of big city living with the warmth and familiarity of small town America.

Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard is located conveniently between two major, high quality medical facilities and is dedicated to serving seniors who live with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Our staff is specially trained and chosen to work with memory care residents and enjoy ongoing educational opportunities to ensure our residents are receiving the latest, most innovative care.

At Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard, we know how important routine is to people living with Alzheimer's, which is why our residents participate in a gentle schedule designed to engage and comfort. Daily schedules at Brookdale Centre Pointe Boulevard include:

Morning mental exercises such as brain games, discussions and reminiscing
Physical exercise appropriate to the abilities and interests of residents
Daily skill development that is meaningful and purposeful
Life enriching activities taking the social history of each resident into account