Azalea Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Tallahassee, FL

Azalea Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Tallahassee, FL has yet not published prices.

Can improve

This facility can improve some on the ratio of staffing. Also so many changes in staffing which i feel is not a very good thing for residents with Alzheimer's. Other then that its okay.

SEO Team

We are incredibly thankful that you took the time to bring this to our attention. We would like to work with you to address specific concerns to ensure positive experiences in the future. Please contact management at [removed]. Thank you and have a nice day.

Best in town

I have worked at different assisted living and memory care communities in the area. Azalea Gardens is by far the best in Tallahassee. The staff is trained on all types of Alzheimer’s. Staffing is kept up with residents needs and most importantly their wants. From housekeeping all the way up to Management, the staff show patience and heart for the residents. All staff members, even dietary take time out of the schedule shift to spend time with each and every resident. I can say, the staff is knowledgeable on residents life story. Knowing that helps with redirection in a positive and calming manner.
If there is ever an issue, you can get a honest answer. Not a ‘well I will get back to you’ response. I am very pleased with Azalea Gardens. Recommend to everyone I come across that needs assistance in finding a loving, caring and compassionate community.

Very disappointed with staff to resident ratio

I was very disappointed with this facility. The state of Florida requires a 1:10 ratio for staff to residents. But I feel like that should not be the case for residents with Lewy Body Dementia. The care ratio should be more along the lines of 1:5. There just was not enough staff to go around for all of the residents. I had complained numerous times about my Husband not getting proper care. In his room, they had a motion alarm. Anytime he got out of bed the alarm would go off and the staff would check on him. The only bad thing is, the staff had been so busy that my Husband had fallen and was laying on the floor for quite some time before anyone noticed. I asked the staff to put cameras up so even if they couldn't get to him at that moment, they would have a visual of what's going on. There was just a complete lack of attention. Don't get me wrong, this facility is nice and brand new. They had the right ideas. All of the staff members were nice, caring, and are sensitive to the resident's conditions. I recommend this facility but be cautious about the staff to resident ratio if your loved one has Lewy Body Dementia.