Brookdale Beaverton - Beaverton, OR

Brookdale Beaverton - Beaverton, OR has yet not published prices.

Understaffed

The sales meeting went very well and we were excited to move our father in. The facility is attractive and clean but we were really concerned about his level of care. I think they must be really understaffed. No one could answer our questions and we never even met his care team. Often his room smelled and i'm not sure if his sheets were ever changed. Even though they did offer activities they were usually on the television screen. Our concerns were never addressed so we moved him to a different memory care facility after just one month.

Very happy with this community

My Mom is here and things are very well. The staff is really good and we’re quite pleased with them. They’re very caring, kind, compassionate, and right on top of everybody’s needs. When you visit, you can tell they’re busy. But they’re always pleasant to work with and really caring with each of the residents. I’ve seen the food and it looks good; there are a lot of different options to choose from and they recognize everyone’s dietary needs. The facility is kept very clean and it looks really nice. They offer bingo, tea time, puzzles, and so much more. The activities director is great and I would rate her a 5 alone. Overall, I think it’s a good value and my Mom is really getting the care that she needs.

Rooms smelled like [Removed]

The administrator who gave me the tour really stood out to me. She was super nice, sweet, and seemed very caring. One thing I really liked about her is that she had a lot of good follow through. If I picked a facility based on the “sales”, I would have gone with this facility. The other side of this tour didn’t go well. I just didn’t get a good gut feeling here. The rooms smelled like pee and it felt like an institution.

Great Place for mom

Mom is here at this community and loves it. The only thing I have any issues with is that they need more staff at night. The staff is very friendly and caring. The dining area is nice and the food is good. It is always clean. They also have a bus to take them to doctor's appointments and such. The grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very friendly staff and director was very personable. Nice facility! I liked the private room but the shared room was as very hospital like. I didn't like that clients had to go out of the room for a shower. We witnessed a couple of situations which were easily diffused and kindly dealt with.

Helpful Staff!!

My husband has recently completed a respite stay at this community and I have no complaints of how things had went for him. The staff where friendly and I was comfortable with the quality of care he was provided. He really enjoyed the dinning room experience as well as the activities they had with the other residents throughout the day. I would use there services again if I needed it and would recommend them to anyone.

One of My Community Options

They did a good job providing a tour. It was not a bad experience. Nothing was wrong with the place but I wanted a smaller home and not a large community. They were professional, on time, and courteous.

Clean Community!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far she is enjoying things at the best of her ability. The staff are kind to her and are always so polite when I come to visit. She has had no complaints about the meals and participates in the activities she is able too. The only problem I have is how under staffed they are. It is getting a little out of control with the wait times for the doorbell as well as the room buzzers.

My husbands care

This is a nice community with great staff members that are very kind. The community is clean and we are happy with the variety of meals that are offered. We do like that he is making friends and socialization is nice for him. We do recommend this community to other families for good care for a loved one.

Great Care for mom

This is a great community for my mom. The staff is outstanding. The staff goes out of there way to help her. She appears to like the food that is served. The activities. and she is participating in everything. I like that she is doing so well here. I highly recommend this care and value for other families and there loved ones.

Above and Beyond!!

My mother in law came back home happy. She received wonderful respite care. The staff was very friendly. The community is kept cleaned and up-kept. I really liked that my mother got to engage in activities and got to meet some new friends. I would definitely use their respite care services again.

Very Informative!!

The tour that i took went great. I was able to see the rooms of the community. Everything was clean and fixed up. The guide offered us a complimentary meal it was very good. Complimentary transportation is offered to the residents. The community offers activities on site.

Brookdale of Beaverton

This facility is very nice and my loved one enjoys the people who live there and the employees who he comes in contact with. It well-designed to manage the residents and keep them safe.

The employees are friendly and caring and do a good job in re-directing and meeting the needs of the residents.

The food is good and he enjoys the meals and the conversation with people at his assigned table.

The activity people work very hard to vary the activities and do things that challenge the level of ability of the group.

Personal care, showers and laundry, could be more consistent. The linens are well-used and need upgrading. We just use our own as much as possible.

All in all I would recommend this facility.

Great New Director

My mother in law is doing well at this community and we are pleased. They have recently had a massive turn over and are very under staffed at the moment, but they are trying to hard to hire more people. They have a new director and she is trying her hardest to make some good changes.The community is well-kept, but due to the fact they are short staffed, it can take a while for the cleaning to get done. I have confidence that things will improve. I would recommend it.

Good Sales People/Understaffed

My mother-in-law was at two different Brookdale facilities over a five month period. When a room opened up in Beaverton we moved her there. This review is about Beaverton. I offer this to balance the marketing-planted reviews, and I hope that Brookdale holds no sway over what is posted to this site.

The facility appears very well run to the casual observer. When you enter you'll see residents all engaged in lively activities with lots of visible staff. Over time, however, we discovered that they are usually staffed at a minimal level. We observed on several days only 1-2 direct caregiving aid per 15-20 residents with one med tech (who likely doesn't help with toileting or bathing). So the person who was responsible for direct care was stretched very thin. We had been told that they can provide increased care as the resident needs it. And yes, they increase charges for more service, without necessarily delivering it. The staff is caring and know how to work with dementia patients. They're just understaffed.

Direct care: Some days it appeared that no one helped Mom to dress. She would be wearing a cardigan buttoned up with no bra and no shirt. She wasn't being bathed properly or receiving peri care: she had fecal matter smeared on her backside. Foot care: Brookdale says they can arrange for foot care. That involves clipping nails, but not actually cleaning feet between the toes. We had to clean her feet. Her fingernails were frequently dirty and it fell to family to wash her hands well and give her nail trims. Bathing was hit or miss: the staff is too busy to take the needed time to cajole her into a shower. If she resisted bathing, they left her unbathed. She developed skin sores all over her body owing to an allergy to medicine patches. No one on the staff seemed to notice or offer any suggestions for care. We eventually enlisted nurses from an external service to check on her and identify solutions.

Housekeeping: dust under the bed (clearly not cleaned often); sticky bathroom floor that required two requests to clean. The handle of her bathroom toilet had fecal matter on it and wasn't cleaned properly, even after we pointed that out to staff and they cleaned it.

Clothing and bed linens: they have no system for keeping track of resident personal items. Mom lost several personal items at both facilities,including a bathrobe, one shoe, a jacket, and several socks. Sheets, pillowcases, towels, and blankets also went missing. The blankets were eventually found. Every item had her name in it.

When asked about bed linens and towels, managers said they have an inventory of "donated" items such as towels, sheets, etc. This is how Brookdale stocks its linen supply. One big communal laundry system. We frequently found clothes not belonging to Mom in her closet. (As a side note, she had previously been in an assisted living facility that never lost or misplaced clothing or linens.)

After Mom was admitted to a hospital, my husband visited her room one evening to collect some of her clothing (we were still paying for the room). He found an aid sitting in the room on her sofa taking a break.

Brookdale is a privately owned corporation. They are national and have lots of facilities, which means the have to squeeze every cent they can out of operations to pay their owners and executives. They charge a lot, offer a great sales pitch, but their care delivery is inconsistent. We have moved Mom to a locally-owned private care home.

Brookdale Senior Living

We regret to hear that you were unhappy with your experience. We encourage you to call our Resident and Family Connections team so we can learn more details regarding your experience. We have also shared your feedback with our regional operations team for review.

Really Great Experience

Overall it has been a really great experience. They are an attentive and caring staff. They really do a great job and I think it is hard, but maybe just a little bit more individual attention for the residents there.

The staff was extremely helpful.

The thing that disappointed me was the physical part of it. For the amount of money you’re paying for it.. the bathroom wasn’t in good order. It wasn’t always clean. It had one safety bar on the wall, but my loved one has PK and he needed more than that. The staff was extremely helpful.

Caring and compassionate care

I cannot say enough about the quality of the staff at Claire Bridge for the care they are giving my Mom. We just had to place her on Hospice Care and they helped through the whole process. The med aides treat my Mom as if she were their Mom as well - so tender and compassionate. Thank you for this referral.

Review of Clare Bridge Beaverton, Or.

My mom only lived at Clare Bridge for only 12 days bc she passed away, but our experience there was very positive. The sales director Ginger Wolf was absolutely outstanding! She went above and beyond the call of duty to care for my mom and our family. The caregivers were all very friendly and nice, although my mom needed more physical nursing care and they don't provide the level she required.
I would definitely recommend this facility to others. The employees seemed to genuinely love the residents.

This facility has memory ca...

This facility has memory care only. They currently have semi-private rooms available. Basic cost is $3096. Additional cost might be anywhere from $900 to $1400, but wouldn't really know until after an assessment is done. (Private room not available but basic cost is $4637). They have a VA counselor contact that has been excellent at helping obtain benefits in a timely manner. (Also learned that VA benefits are retroactive to when you become eligible, not when paperwork and/or benefits are approved by them.) They will make sure you get this info when you do a tour. The person I talked to was Krista. She was very knowledgeable and I was also impressed by how warm and caring she sounded. If she's an example of the staffing, this might be a really good one to check out. Cost also seemed to be the most reasonable for the level of care provided, but never know until you get a full assessment. [removed] I didn't think to find out about staffing ratios until someone else mentioned it. Since I discovered that appears to vary a great deal, we need to add this information to the notes for each one. The checklists should provide that kind of info.

great place. residents seemed happy ...

great place. residents seemed happy and staff very nice. Lori Waldo excellent person. gives a discount for veterans. so far my favorite.

Brookdale Beaverton provides a comfortable, home-like setting with programs and services designed specifically for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairments. Clare Bridge offers private and companion suites in a comfortable neighborhood environment. Unique building features, such as visual cues and walking paths, help residents stay independent and find their way. Twenty-four hour trained staff works closely with each resident to provide personal assistance that promotes independence, dignity and choice. Our life enrichment program enables residents to participate in activities that can enhance self-esteem and maximize quality of life. Services offered at Clare Bridge include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Purposefully designed environment, including interior and exterior walking paths, way-finding cues and a home-like setting
- All exterior doors alarmed at all times
- Neighborhoods designed for small groups of residents help to regulate stimulation and create familiarity
- Resident Assistance Center located within each neighborhood enables staff to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity
- Exterior living spaces include enclosed courtyards and patios
- Training designed to assist staff in managing difficult behaviors and work effectively with the memory impaired
- Life Enrichment and Memory Support Programs