Brook Gardens Place - Lake Mills, WI

Brook Gardens Place - Lake Mills, WI has yet not published prices.

The Community Takes Care of Their Staff

When I was touring communities, I had to make sure the staff had good benefits. I think the care is better if the staff have good support from the community. The community is really nice. I got a different vibe from the other places I toured. The staff are treating my mom very well and she is happy. She like the meals that taste good. Activities are offered.

Loving the meals!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been kind and attentive to her needs as well accommodating her needs. She has been really impressed with the meals that they serve and has enjoyed the activities with the residents from time to time. Overall its a great place and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Brook Gardens Place - Lake Mills, WI

Brook Gardens is an excellent facility. The personnel are very competent and friendly. I would highly recommend the facility.

Staff are wonderful!!

The staff at this community have been absolulty wonderful to my mother and have made her feel right at home in her new living environment, Her apartment is the perfect fit for her, she seems to be very comfortable in her bedroom and has made it her own. My mom has not participated in may of the activities they have but has liked the chair exercises they do with the residents throughout the week. Overall we are very pleased and enjoying the experience.

Brook Gardens Place - Lake Mills, WI

The personnel and care are excellent. The facility is great. I highly recommend Brook Gardens.

Brook Gardens Place - Lake Mills, WI

Good people. Friendly, out going. Flexible facility and will take anyone unless otherwise told! Very social group. Willing to give me a chance to volunteer there and call bingo for the residents. I think it's a fun place, clean, has great workers too. Very dependable honest people.

Wonderful experience

Just have to give claps to those who do such a great job. I have gone to 2 of there community outings. They are wonderful. Food is great. And plentiful. The whole staff waits on you so generously. I took other people from another building. We had such a great time. What we noticed was that this place is a team. Janitor, care givers, cooks and management all were there to help. On there days off. Happily smiling, talking to all, and make sure everyone was having a good time and being taken care of. Very impressed. Wish I could work there. My residents keep telling me they want to move there. Very impressed on all of this team at Brooke gardens. Thanks for a great picnic for all of us oldies.

Home away from Home

Our mom has been at Brook Gardens for almost six years. During that time every consideration has been and is shown by the staff and caretakers. We have held family parties, thanksgiving, birthdays in the parlor on multiple occasions over the years. We were allowed the entire dining room for mom's 95th birthday Open House, with the help of the staff in setting up. The atmosphere is home like, with things like cloth tablecloths and napkins, a fireplace, music for dining, regular entertainment, exercise classes, resident meetings where suggestions for improvement are heard. Over the years mom has developed close relationships with both residents and staff. She certainly misses the home she shared with our Dad, who has passed. She misses her kitchen the most because she loved to cook! But she will tell you that she feels at home at Brook Gardens, she feels safe and respected and cared for at all times. Her dietary needs require some extra consideration and the kitchen ladies provide it with a smile. Her health concerns are monitored faithfully and contact with me, my brother and sister, is prompt and provided when needed.
Most recently the director Sadi and the RN Katy worked hard to find resources to help mom remain a resident and help with her financial needs. Being an RN myself and having worked in similar facilities, I understand all of the challenges of maintaining good staff, regular shifts, a safe facility, and providing excellent care. I must say that the challenges are fully met at Brook Gardens...Thank you....there are no words.

Expensive

What I definitely can say about the Brook Gardens Place facility is that it is really expensive for what you get. The value of the place is not very high at all. Other than that, there is not much else to say about it.

Really a nursing home in my eyes

I went and was going tour to see if this was a place for my dad. I couldn't believe what I saw. An employee feeding a resident and what really floored me was a resident FEEDING another resident.
When approached by an employee, I was treated with a smile and a how can I help you? The employee herself was nasty looking, looked like she hasn't showered or washed her hair in a few days, she smelled of body odor. If an employee can't take care of themselves, what about my dad?? I asked if this was an assisted living place and when told yes, I looked at the employee(who's stomach was also hanging out), and said "well it looks like a nursing home". The employee again said, no we are assisted, I looked at her and pointed out what I saw, she had no response.
While talking to the employee, you could hear a resident yelling " I need to go to the bathroom". That SCREAMS nursing home. I looked at the employee and said" this isn't for my dad, I'm going to look down the street".

Rebecca Oistad

We sincerely apologize for your experience at our community. Quality care of our residents and professionalism of our employees are of utmost importance to us so we take these issues very seriously. We hope you will consider another visit so we can show you that Enlivant is proud of a supportive, stimulating environment were seniors thrive in mind, body and spirit. Please contact us at the Enlivant Cares line at [removed] if you are interested in providing us with additional details.

Great Staff, Friendly, Clean and Fun Community

Home like setting when you walk in with a clean and friendly atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a small community so the staff and resident get a chance to know each other. Lots of socializing and activities going on through out the day. The residents are welcome to bake, enjoy the patio, work in the raised garden bed, enjoy church services, bingo, lunch outing, trips, pet visits and many other activities. Full time Nurse which is great for a small community. Full time Activities Coordinator to keep residents busy. Would recommend this community to anyone.

They are a great team!

They work very well with him. They do a good job getting him involved. There are more men here. I like that it's a smaller community. They look after him very well. The nurse on hand is always the same, you aren't seeing different people all the time. The food is okay, they have options. I liked the location. Sadi does a great job, and the nurse is great, they are a great team.