River View Assisted Living - Watertown, WI

The real truth

They were terrible from day 1. I told them what I needed before getting there and they didn't get it. The more i told them the more they ignored me to the point that i ended up in the hospital. In my file it stated that my mother be called if i did go in the hospital, they failed to call her. The CNA "claimed" she didn't understand what i meant. The so-called caring staff is just a front. They care long enough to see you cave then they treat you like crap thinking you dont know any better. Well that might have worked for me if i was over 60 like most of the people, i am 47 and very coherent of what's going on. I would not recommend the place to my worst enemy. So in review people, keep an eye on your loved ones if you bring them here. The phrase...LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING... Play a huge factor here

Sheryl Schroeder

Tracy, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry you had this experience with staff. What I gathered is that it was a stressful and traumatic event that day. Since your experience, we have had an in-service training of staff to improve and clarify communications. Thank you again for your feedback.

Very nice place. We will be moving forward with Heritage House. The rooms are bigger and location is great.

Sheryl Schroeder

Sorry we did not work for you, and for considering us and our community.

Great place!

After researching many assisted living facilities on line, and visiting others in person, this was by far the best one. Apartments are very nice, the hallways are bright, and clean. (Never any bad odors like some other places). Management and staff are great; they are caring, friendly, and professional. The food is good, and they have many nice activities, including exercise three times a week. Some of the things included with the monthly rent are 3 meals a day, all utilities, cable TV, use of a washer and dryer, housekeeping once a week, and an RN on staff 5 days a week. (Some other places only had an RN one or two days a week). They accept Care Wisconsin and do not have any buy in costs. I am very pleased with River View and am assured that my mom is getting very good care there.

Sheryl Schroeder

Thank you for trusting in our care!

A poor assisted living experience.

We moved my mother into River View Assisted Living around August 1, 2013. She had come from an independent living senior apartment. At the time we thought the additional oversight plus meals would be perfect for her. As it turned out, all the forced walking and shoddy wheelchair assistance, was far worse for her. Examples would be not setting the wheelchair break, abandoning her and leaving her to fend for herself. This resulted in multiple falls. Forcing her to take long walks down the halls to get to her destination also reulted in multiple falls. Ultimately my mother fell on 11/4 and broke her hip. She was on a long walk down the hall with her walker trying to get to sitting exercises. On 2/4/14, my mother has still not recovered. She has been through 2 surgeries. I am very disappointed with River View and would not recommend them.

Sheryl Schroeder

Hello Greg, I am sorry to read of your experience you had River View. Platinum Communities took ownership of River View Assisted Living in 2014. I/We were not involved in your mothers care, again I apologize for prior management and care of your mom.

This place was really nice...

This place was really nice. They had a pool, but they do not fill it anymore because none of the residents used it. Cute apartments.It is too far from VA in Milwaukee.

Sheryl Schroeder

Thank you for your kind description. And sorry we did not work for you and your loved one.

River View Assisted Living is a State Certified Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) located in Watertown, Wisconsin. The facility includes 49 apartments with studio, one and two bedroom units with kitchenettes, some with a den, all with private bathrooms.

Restored to its previous beauty, what was formerly Watertown’s first hospital, known as St. Mary’s, River View now reflects again the charm of time past with her warm red brick exterior and numerous sunny windows.

Once you set foot inside our doors you are greeted with a “bed and breakfast” atmosphere of hospitality!