Brenda's Love for Seniors and Activities - Antioch, CA

Brenda's love for seniors is apparent in every aspect of this care home.

This care home is fantastic! Not only do they provide a lovely environment, with home-cooked meals and all the comforts of home; they also plan lots of activities and have an efficient and friendly staff. Brenda helped greatly with my mother-in-law's difficult transition from our home to this facility. She made my mother-in-law feel so welcome, getting to know her interests and valuing her ideas and needs. My husband and I would both like to live there when we get to be my mother-in-law's age!

Brenda's Love for Seniors and Activities - Outstanding!

I knew from the very first moment that I visited your wonderful care home, that this was the place I trusted my mother to be, and the wonderful loving care that you and your fantastic staff provided for her was something I will never forget.
The Family atmosphere, and the love and attention she was shown by the caretakers you have employed was truly appreciated. They are all to be commended for their love and devotion shown in the way they cared for your residents. They are truly devoted to their profession.
My mother expressed to me several times that being there felt like being at home, and how wonderful you all treated her, and that was very comforting to her and to all of her family members.

Excellent care home for the elderly

I am a volunteer at Brenda's Love for Seniors and Activities. I come in every week. I always bring dessert. While we're sitting around the big table eating our ice cream cones, we talk about all kinds of things. I ask each one how things are going. We talk about a variety of subjects that I prepare for, maybe the heart or the eyes, movie stars they remember from their past, the depression and how it affected them and their families, happiness and what makes us happy, gratitude and what we're grateful for -- I could go on and on.

My point here is that I have been in Brenda's care home just about every week since she opened almost five years ago, and what I have seen are happy, well-cared-for residents. Brenda is there most of the time, not only to make sure things are going well but also to pitch right in right along with the caregivers, doing whatever needs to be done. The place is neat and clean, and the caregivers are very attentive and seem to like being there, which I think is important. I come in right after lunch, so I often see what they have been eating. It always looks good! Way better than what I had for lunch, that's for sure!

I would not hesitate placing my loved one in this lovely care home.

Beware , what sounds too good to be true usually is

This facility was actually horrible once we entered. Nothing was as claimed. Staff is not trained and is over worked. Although they claim there is alwasys 2 staff this is also not true. 2nd person leaves at 9:00 pm. All residents are made to be in bed by 8:00.staff is officialy "off" at eight oclock to prevent overtime. Nutrition was horrible and the standard procedure seemed to be, the owner and staff never notice anything going on that would indicate a problem. My moms right arm was hurt when she fell while being forced to bed one nigh, she also always had the hick-ups aftermoving in due to not enough food with her meds. Before taking my mom out, I had agreed to provide her with "extra" vegtables, whole grain bread, mixed nuts, yogurt, etc. It was crazy. Also, beware brenda has a clause in her contract that alows her to kick your family member out at any time for any reason, with no refund, she assured me she would only do this if I failed to disclose info or mom was in danger becausexshe needed medical care. This was not true, she threatened me with it everytime I had a concern. She required her remeron to be increased from 30mg to 60, and when I was allowed to see her after 3.5 weeks of adjusting, she could hardly get into and out of my car, and could not follow a conversation at all. Prior to moving in there she and a caregiver went bowling 2times a week. When I asked about reducing it now that she was settled I was told "really, I dont see ant difference and she, sperfect for a carehome now. You did want her to stay here right?" [removed]

Brenda is very nice and I l...

Brenda is very nice and I like her idea of meeting Mom before we bring her to the home. Her home is clean and nice.

Wonderful!

This place is for people who need assistance and for people who have dementia or alzheimer's. My mom has very mild dementia, like you might not even notice it, so some of the activities are not great for her, but the care she gets is great. The place is wonderful and the staff is great! There are always at least 2 people there. Sometimes there are 3 so that the ratio of caregivers to residents is 1 to 3.