Braxton Elderly Care Facility - San Jose, CA

If your parent doesn't require much care, then maybe

When I showed up for my first appointment, she was out in the backyard and "forgot" I was coming. I got past that and my mom was there for about a year, at which point we decided that it wasn't acceptable. Lilia is very friendly, and a good cook. There seemed to be enough food, but sometimes my mom would tell me that she wanted more food and didn't get it. I'm not sure how accurate this is, so I can't take points off for that. Lilia was fairly organized with meds; but often we would get last minute requests for refills. She took basically no care to see that my mom got any stimulation by way of walks, sitting outside, playing games, etc. My mom wasn't always easy to get up to do something, yet I don't feel that much effort was put in to it either. The common areas are ridiculously cluttered and dark, although the kitchen/eating area was clean and lighter than most of the house. I feel that Lilia is basically looking for people who pay the monthly rate and require pretty much no care. She also wanted to charge us an extra $200/month for additional laundry, which we then ended up doing ourselves.

$2400/private room with shared bath. ...

$2400/private room with shared bath. I think this may be a good value. A resident answered the door and was very helpful. The house is roomy, with light, large, airy kitchen & dining area, but the rest of the house is dark and very cluttered. Like a museum. Caregiver seemed nice. I'm not sure how organized or attentive she is. There were lots of thank you letters on a bulletin board on the wall, so I think the residents and families are happy there. The outside of the front was very nice, and the backyard affords good gardening and walking opportunities, although parts of it are cluttered. (Not unsafe per se, but there is a lot of stuff around.) House is in a very nice neighborhood near Valley Christian HS. Hilly, so she tries to confine residents to walking in backyard unless accompanied by family. Supplies not included; meals taken together; laundry & other daily hygiene services taken care of. Seemed very clean, but like I said, extraordinarily jammed full of stuff.