We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
A Huge Mistake
My father (89) was in this place in 2016. The care and food was atrocious. Food was cold and the leftovers were used to make what they described as soup. I brought him a care package every evening. He had a transection of his toes and the ball of his foot. They pushed him too hard and caused wounds on both his heels. The wound on the operated foot got so bad the docs had to remove the foot & 1/2 his leg at Sacred Heart. I took him to a better facility the next time; a 7 month ordeal for him. Broke my heart.
I would give this place less than a star if it was an option. This place is awful behind the scenes and has been for years. They have mold in the walls, they do a patch job and call it "fixed". Little do families know, that the staff caring for their loved ones are forced to work in unsafe working conditions. Some staff take short cuts, this is brought to the admins attention by dedicated staff, and administration does not correct situations. There is a behind the scenes "buddy buddy system" going on at the patients' expense. When nurses speak up for wrong doings, unsafe, and unhealthy conditions they are written up or fired. The culture is such that even during inspections nurses and CNAs shut up about what they know for fear of losing their job. Think twice about using this facility for a loved one. This statement is my personal opinion.
Baybreeze is the Best!
My 83 yr old mother-in-law was in rehab for 3 months and then their assisted living facility for a year before she passed away. I cannot say enough good things about their warm, loving, "happy" staff and their immaculate, bright sunny facility. She was so happy there and felt like she was in her own home surrounded by friends and family. She loved her private room with her private bathroom and her little patio and garden outside. They let the resident decorate their rooms however they want with their own furniture, pictures, plants etc. The dining room is like a nice restaurant and they have lots of big barbecues, parties, holiday events and live entertainment on a regular basis. I enjoyed visiting with her there because ever employee seemed to really love their job and the residents they took care of. Baybreeze redefines "nursing home". It was just home for her and we are so indebted to them for taking such good care of her down to her very last day! We will miss them all dearly...
Bay Breeze Senior Living and Rehabilitation Center is located in beautiful Gulf Breeze, FL, a small suburb of Pensacola that's a beach and nature lover's paradise.
- Population: A charming population of only around 6,500 people when last checked in 2016. The average resident age is 45 years old. A true favorite to mature adults, no party town here.
- Walkability: The walk score for Gulf Breeze, FL is at a 52. People can easily get around on foot in downtown areas; other errands may require a car.
- Senior Facilities: There are quite a few senior facilities for such a small area and population.
- Weather: Residents can expect typical weather patterns for this region. High 80s in summer months and lows in the 50s in winter. High winds and hurricane warnings are common for the coastal area.
Residents are of course invited to utilize transportation services through Bay Breeze Senior Living, however, there are other in-town options as well. You won't find any big city bus system, but there are shuttle services and taxi cabs readily available. Some of the best are:
- ABB Transportation: Provides Taxi cab rides in and around town.
- Dreamcatcher Shuttle Service: Airport shuttles, in-town and surrounding-town shuttles. Discounts are offered; contact the company directly for the information.
- Bay Limousine: Limousine services in and around town or airport.
For medical services outside of Bay Breeze Senior Living, residents are in a great area. There are two hospitals in the area and several medical centers:
- Gulf Breeze Hospital: Full-service trauma hospital for emergencies and routine care.
- Baptist Hospital: Full-service trauma center for emergencies and routine care.
- Gulf Breeze Medical Clinic: Primary care and specialist group of providers.
- Pro Health Medical Clinic: Primary and urgent care for people with no insurance or primary doctor.
Sports & Leisure
The Gulf Breeze Department of Parks and Recreation offers a variety of activities for seniors to enjoy at the local community center. There are several exercise programs to engage in or seniors can take up a game of bingo or bridge. Some other activities of interest in the area are:
- Golf Courses: Gulf Breeze is home to the amazing Tiger Point Golf Club. The course is immaculate and boasts a gorgeous club and restaurant. You don't have to be a member, but there are several benefits.
- Tennis Courts: There are two tennis courts in town if you count the High School. There are also courts located at Shoreline Park. A public park with tennis courts and every other kind of sports field and court you could imagine.
Other activities are almost endless for outdoor fun in this area of the Gulf Islands. From relaxing on the beach to hiking trails, there are activities for everyone. Some of the most popular for this area are:
- Gulf Breeze Zoo: 50-acre zoo offering animals and exhibits for all ages. Senior discounted tickets available.
- Brackenridge Nature Trail: Scenic hiking trails of different abilities.
There is no shortage of boat tours in this area. Whether you want to try your hand at deep sea fishing or just relax and cruise there is a tour for you. Many of which offer senior discounts.
- Aquatic Charters: Rent a boat for half a day or full day for a fishing excursion.
- Pensacola Beach Sailing Tours: Tour the area on the water from a beautiful sailboat.
- Premier Dolphin Cruises: Take a nature cruise on a catamaran to view birds and dolphins.
You find a ton of huge shopping malls and centers in this town, but you will, of course, find Walmart. There are some smaller shopping centers and unique places to visit. Of course, nearby Pensacola and other towns offer larger malls.
- Elite Repeats & Boutique: New and gently used high-fashion women's clothing.
- Dolphin Square: shopping center with popular stores and restaurants.
For a quick bite to eat on the go, residents of Gulf Breeze have access to the typical fast food chains. Residents of Bay Breeze can walk to the nearest Sonic. Some of the other favorites include:
- DQ Grill: Timeless Dairy Queen with its classic ice creams, burgers and fries.
- Taco Bell: Mexican fast food
- Whataburger: Burgers and fries
For sit-down, family-style restaurants, there are several options as well. Seniors can dine overlooking the water or something less fancy. Here are the most popular for the area:
- Aegean Breeze: Classic and new Greek dishes.
- La Brisa: Seafood with a Southern twist.
- Rotolo's Pizzeria: Family-atmosphere neighborhood pizza place.
Residents can relax and enjoy a movie at the theatres in town. They can also take a trip over to Pensacola for performing theatre or one of the larger movie theatres.
- The Breeze Cinemas: In town, theater offers latest movies.
- REX Theatre: Large movie theatre complex located in Pensacola.
- Pensacola Little Theatre: Performing Arts Theatre in Pensacola.
There are plenty of places for residents of this small town to go for their faith. Some of the churches located closest to Bay Breeze are:
- Santa Rosa Shores Baptist Church: Baptist church.
- Gulf Breeze Church of Christ: Place of worship.
- Coast Community Church: Community church
- Coastline Calvary Chapel: Place of worship.
Gulf Breeze is a great little town to explore and live. Its small size makes it an easygoing place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the coast.