Azalea Oaks Place - Plant City, FL

Friendly Place!!

I have no complaints of how my tour went of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give us lots of helpful information as well as answer any questions we had for them. The facility was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available for the residents it was just not the right location for my grandparents.

Small facility with 5 beds. Was clean and orderly when I visited. Staff was friendly and residents appeared to be given good care.

Very nice people

I think they do a very good job overall at Azalea Oaks Place. The staff here are friendly and caring, and they very good with the patients. Everyone who works here seems loving and kind. It is a nice clean place, and they provide both good food and good activities for the residents.

I have visited Azalea Oaks twice. Greeted by Helen the caregiver. Very clean, quiet, neat. Residents were comfortable, clean, seemed healthy. Rooms clean,spacious, Kitchen was modern, open. Back patio was not covered, concerned because my mother in law smokes. Front porch is covered, so that took care of that. Spoke to owner Dena, very pleasant. Assured me she loved her residents, wanted the best for them. I liked that the caregivers are on shifts, so they do not get burnt out caring for the residents. 2nd visit took my husband and sister in law. Greeted warmly. Everything was the same. Clean, organized, pleasant, quiet happy surrondings. Residents were peaceful, content. I am praying this will work for my mother in law. Rating is only 3 because we have not moved my mother in law to this facility.

At Azalea Oaks Place seniors are our passion! This passion is evident throughout our elder-centered facility. We are committed to creating an environment that avoids the three plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom that many seniors suffer from.

From our caring staff, beautiful home-like setting, the smell of delicious freshly prepared meals and baked goods to our spontaneous, enjoyable activities, and visits from children and a small lovable dog it is obvious that the happiness of our residents is our #1 priority.

I have always had a special love for the elderly. It has long been a dream of mine to create a community where my elders will receive the best care and be able to live out their lives with dignity and enjoyment. They have spent a lifetime collecting memories, knowledge, and experiences. My staff and I greatly enjoy hearing their stories.

Visitors are always blown away by the home-like feel and beauty of our facility. Our residents truly love their home away from home. Our residents feel this way because at Azalea Oaks Place we practice “culture change” (see pioneernetwork.net). In a nutshell this means that our residents are the boss.

Most large facilities are institutionalized and the residents are just a room number and made to follow a schedule. Our residents have choices! They can sleep-in, stay up late, eat when they want, and help choose what’s on the menu. They are even encouraged to help prepare meals if they want to. After all that’s how they lived before they came hear!