Cypress Assisted Living, LLC - Cypress, TX

Settling in well

Cypress Assisted Living has been a good choice for us. It is a beautiful home and nicely landscaped. It is close to our home so it is very easy to go and visit my mom. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They only have room for 11 residents so there is a lot of good one to one consistent care.The staff there are always welcoming when our family comes to visit. It is very clean. The food is very good with healthy variety. They do offer activities for the residents to get involved with. There are really nice areas for her to enjoy the outdoors. We toured a few communities, Cypress Assisted Living was definitely the best fit.

Outstanding Tour

We toured this community for my mom's care. We liked the staff and the cleanliness of the environment. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been helpful. We would suggest that families tour this community for the many options of care. At this time we toured they did not have availability.

Care and Expenses

We have been happy that my mom did get good care when my mom was here. The staff was caring and attentive. The community is clean and the environment is nice. They do need to have more staff available. They have activities that are offered for the residents

Loved this facility but not sure we can afford it. It is just the right size; the staff is very kind and service focused. The owners are so accommodating and caring. Their fathers live at this facility.

Great Experience!

The staff for Cypress Assiting Living truly care about their patients. They are kind, caring , loving, and enjoy their job.
It says a lot, when staff members have a schedule day off and still come by and check on your loved one, because they are concered.
It was a great experience, utilizing Cypress Assiting Living, would highly recommend.
[Removed] are awesome folks, no regrets utilizing their wonderful program.
Wish their more folks like them in our medical profession!!!!!!

Better than some, but...

Very clean, doesn't smell of chemicals or urine. The staff is very nice, most of them, but some quite abrupt in their tone and words. They are not always available/willing to help when someone calls for assistance . They have activities, which have increased to daily, which is nice. Emailed owners with no response on several issues. I would inform others to compare to other communities before making a decision. My first impression was awesome, but for the price, its not so much.

Great Experience

It has been a great experience for my mother here at this community. Everything is working out very well for her here. She is doing great here and has adjusted well to it. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

"this place is awesome"

I did my research and this place has it all.
In no way do you feel like you're visiting someone at a facility. There's a home-like atmosphere about the place. Everyone is attentive with a caring hand. I've seen actual improvement in my grandmother with hygiene, and her awareness of what's going on. Meals are ate family style.
TV showes are watched by many together. I have never noticed anyone "left out" or alone.
My overall opinion is "this place is awesome".
I wish we would have found them 3 years ago.

They are fabulous. These people are angels.

They are fabulous. These people are angels. She is feeling better and doing better. They have two places, the girls that work there, are very caring, there is no neglect, and when you walk in you don't smell anything. The medication is monitored very carefully, and everyone is clean. They have her up and walking. Sharon and Paul are just awesome people.

Praising Cypress Assisted Living

Paul and Sharon Ragsdale are the most caring people. They hire an awesome staff to assist with the needs of the senior residents. I have my mom there now and I am so thankful I found them. The residence is spotless, you could eat off the floor, she has chef that cooks three awesome meals for the residents. The caring staff are so kind, My mom is happy and very well cared for. Available for the residents is a house doctor. He is very kind and listens and treats my mom with such respect. Anyone looking for a place for a senior parent this is the place.

Well maintained facility

This a relatively new facility and it is very nice. It is always spotless here and well maintained. The staff here is caring and they take a genuine interest in the residents. They could work on the activities. There should be more for the residents to do!

we moved my Mother in law here , my niece made comment that this place is so clean it does not smell old.

We wish we would have moved sooner!

My mom is in the middle stages of Alzeheimer's Disease, and we were looking for a nice (and not depressing!) place that could be her "Forever Home" so that she didn't have to move each time her disease progressed to the point where she needed more care than what her current home could realistically and economically provide. She is very happy and well-cared for at CAL which is THE most important thing. When I asked her recently why she was so happy, she said it was because the caretakers are so friendly. I do wish that they had more planned and structured activities to keep the residents engaged, but also know the owners understand the value in this, and also see the need. They have talked about possibly hiring someone to spearhead that, so I am hoping that will come (this particular home has only been open since March, I believe).

Absolutely beautiful facility!! The owners have created a bright and cheerful home for their residents. There was a lot of interaction between the caretaking staff with residents. I was very impressed that the owners were also very vested in the facility. They absolutely are keyed into each of their residents as well as their staff.

Great people. Very helpful. Really caring and loving.

Great

I think the Cypress Assisted Living is great. My dad has been living here for a while and they do a great job at taking care of him. The inside of the facility is always clean and nice. Everyone is very friendly and kind. The value is excellent. The care services and activities are excellent as well. The staff has been accommodating. This is a really nice place. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an assisted living place.

Great Experience!

The Cypress Assisted Living is a very nice community. It was a great experience great. I rate this community 5 stars across the board. It is very clean and well kept. The residents and the staff are all very friendly and kind. The value is great. The care services are great as well. The care givers do a good job at taking care of all the residents. The activities are fun. I am very happy that my mother is comfortable here.

A big Blessing!

Wow! What a blessing they have been to my mother-in-law.

Great tour - most interested in the new facility on Drake Prairie Ln. Like the overall philosophy of the service. Owners are every engaging. Very "homey" atmosphere.

Nice home..

Nice home..

Was a nice facility, but too small fo...

Was a nice facility, but too small for our needs.

Cypress Assisted Living is a licensed Type B 11-bed assisted living residence designed for elders who are unable to live alone but choose not to reside in a nursing home. Our intimacy allows for one-on-one loving care.

We are located in the wooded Timberlake Estates near Hwy. 290/Huffmeister in northwest Houston. A nearby pond provides a place to visit. Our garden yields fresh vegetables and outdoor opportunities. Area hospitals are N. Cypress, Cy-Fair, Kindred, Methodist Willowbrook, and Tomball Regional. House call physician services are available.

Paul and Sharon Ragsdale are uniquely qualified and gifted in the care of the elderly. Sharon is an RN and a certified wound, ostomy, continence nurse. Paul is a qualified Assisted Living Manager and a former Baylor College of Medicine retinal photographer. Together, they work as a team to provide the most cost-effective, loving alternative to institutional senior living. All care, furnishings, linens, laundry, meals and supervision are included in the cost.

No family should stand alone when facing transition. Our philosophy of elderhood sets us apart from all other long-term care options in NW Houston. It is the sanctuary that we offer to those who want to keep maturing and giving.