Arden Courts of Parma - North Royalton, OH

This was not an appropriate facility for my mom, we were looking for short term respite while I went on vacation. The rooms are so small that there was no way to place her wheelchair next to the lounge chair to do a transfer (we tried). The bed is pretty much right next to the door. There is no shower in the room, everyone uses a single shower down the hall. There is no TV in the room. The only TVs are in lounge areas which had no comfortable chairs for my mom to sit in. The chairs were either overly hard slider rockers that she can't even transfer into, or very oversized cushioned chairs that were so large she could not sit back into it. There was an activity going on in the activity room but they also had a TV blasting very loudly in the same room. Also most of the residents there were not in wheelchairs, and when I asked an aide what's the worst physical condition of a resident she's had to work with (to see if they could handle my mom), her answer was just "oh, they're all good" then a confused look, which doesn't provide any confidence that they could handle my mom's current condition.

Absolutely love this place! Very caring staff, they take wonderful care of the residents, best place to be for people that suffer with memory loss.

Second Home

The caretakers took such great care of my mom. They truly became part of the family! Never felt guilty leaving my mom since I knew she was in good hands, that says it all!

I visited Arden Courts on behalf of my mom. I fell in love with every single thing about the facility including and especially the staff. When the time is right, I am hoping this can become her home.

Arden Courts in Parma is a 5 star facility. My father is thriving there. Everyone I have met there is so kind, thoughtful and excellent at senior care giving. I can rest easy knowing that my father is in good hands.

A good community

We are quite pleased with the care mom is receiving at this community. They are good at keeping me updated on her care. This community is specifically for memory care. The community is clean and we like the layout. The food is ok and mom has no real complaints. Mom enjoys some of the daily activities they offer and I would recommend this community.

Not the Right Fit for Us

Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this community. The appearance of the community looked like an old hospital. While touring the community I saw there is only one shower in the hall. The room they showed us had tiny closet, and you were only able to bring a week worth of clothes. It felt like an institution, and I didn't feel this would be the right fit for my mother, and her needs.

Very happy!

Things are going pretty good for my aunt, she is doing better. The staff is great, we have no complaints. We had some unanswered questions at one point, but all of the important questions have been answered. The place is clean and well maintained, it's always spotless when I visit. They have a large variety of activities and are busy most of the time.

Great activities.

Food needs variety and spice and more fresh veggies and fruit.

They Have A Great Staff Here

My brother is doing very well, they are taking good care of him and his needs. This is a nice community, they do a pretty good job keeping his room and facility well maintained. They have a great staff here. He has tired a few activities. The food is good, he enjoys the meals. Everything is working out great and I would recommend it.

Outstanding job!

Arden Courts has done an outstanding job in meeting mine and my families needs. Always friendly and ready to help if you need it.

Staff and administration very nice and extremely supportive. Listen to needs of resident and family. Excellent place.

Friendly makes the difference.

For me it was the incredible friendliness of the staff. Hands down, the Arden staff was the greatest. The residents looked the happiest. The atmosphere was just great. Not depressing. I think my Ward is really thriving at Arden.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. We don't have any complaints so far. The food is good, and the price is reasonable compared to others around. They take good care of our loved one. We are very happy with them so far.

Good place for Mom.

Moved my Mom in February. She seems to have adjusted well. She seems to be well taken care of for the most part. There are staff members that are awesome - friendly, helpful and doing what they need to do. There are a few that are not friendly to me at all so I just wonder how they are treating the residents. The atmosphere is really nice. The different wings all feel like a "HOME". We got to walk outside yesterday and it is really nice out in the fenced in area - big, so they do not feel too resticted. Cleanliness for the most part is good - I just think a few areas may need deep cleaning or replaced. Overall, this is a good place for Mom! The best part is that I am only 5 minutes away!!

Very small rooms. No shower in the rooms. Neighborhood was cute. Nice outdoor walking area. Kitchen / dinning area nice. Staff not very friendly as we walked around.